ADVERTISEMENT

Spalding

Sheesh, you're a little harsh, no? Softest big in the history of the program? Lol he's not even the softest big on THIS YEARS team(Matz). Spalding played well in the non-con and I will be the first to admit he has regressed during conference play...but softest big in the history of the program? Get real. Some of you guys absolutely lose it when a bunch of 18-22 year olds lose a basketball game. We have a final four caliber team. It was a tough road game that we lost to a final four caliber team as well(who got every bounce and roll to go there way, might I add.) This thread is garbage, some of you guys need a drink or 30. We're fine, I love our team. These types of threads belong on CrapsPause. Peace.

Exactly

Sheesh, you're a little harsh, no? Softest big in the history of the program? Lol he's not even the softest big on THIS YEARS team(Matz). Spalding played well in the non-con and I will be the first to admit he has regressed during conference play...but softest big in the history of the program? Get real. Some of you guys absolutely lose it when a bunch of 18-22 year olds lose a basketball game. We have a final four caliber team. It was a tough road game that we lost to a final four caliber team as well(who got every bounce and roll to go there way, might I add.) This thread is garbage, some of you guys need a drink or 30. We're fine, I love our team. These types of threads belong on CrapsPause. Peace.

Youre wrong in this regards.
This is bigtime basketball. Cards are wining despite Rays lacluster play.
Matz doesnt play. Ray does. Ray is not playing up to
his potential. He is the most skilled big, yet produces the least.
If he had the fire that Coach Pitino had confronting that fan, he wouldn't get the label.

Just as in football, players that dont produce get benched. Coach Pitino said certain players "dont live in the gym". Its evident Ray is one of them.

Were at the end of the season and wonering if Ray had his girlfriend stolen.
If he had the moxie of Levitch , the motor of JJ, ad the IDGAF of McMahon, were not calling him out.

This isnt tiddlywinks. This is THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE :mad:

Last edited:
We wanted big time, and now we are big time.

The players wanted big time, and they got it.

When it costs $185 plus parking and concessions for a family of four to go to a BB game, or $235 for FB, we've moved past the "just kids playing ball" aspect.

It will never go back, unfortunately.

And if they don't want to put in the effort or "extra" time if needed, they can pay to go to school just like I paid for my daughter.

As Dan Hawkins said, if they don't like it, go play intramural.

Wow! Pretty tough crowd!

Some of you guys need to go back and study "Big Men Under Pitino". Spalding came in a "project" just like most 4* (and some 5*) HS big men. Almost all HS bigs need "time". He will either get better or get passed over. The point is there are not too many Anthony Davis types each year and the ones that are around are generally not CRP (EDIT) recruiting targets. Do names like Holloway, Dartez, Diake, Van Treese and Price ring a bell? Even 5* like Samuels and Jennings (listed as Fs not Cs as recruits). Samardo had 2 solid years and that's about it.

FWIW, I thought 5* Kansas transfer David Padgett was one of the best bigs to ever play for CRP (EDIT). Shot 63% and averaged 10.7 PPG and 5.5 RPG in an offensive scheme that has never featured the big man. CRP (EDIT) has always seemed to prefer the small forward or "stretch 4" type player for front court offense. Between Mahmoud and Mathiang we are probably getting "more production" than ever from the 5 spot but unfortunately, like everyone other than Mitchell, their play has been pretty inconsistent.

Peace

Last edited:
Can't succeed at your craft if you don't work at your craft! It's very obvious the kid is not a worker!

I can live with that assessment,but we should hope he changes for the sake of the team.

Great stat line against a horrible Syracuse front line. He goes for 18 & 11 consistently and we'll talk again, until then I'll call fools gold. I know what I see. Tons of potential that needs to be realized, not regretted.

Extremely pleased with seeing Spalding go to the rim hard and aggressive. He and Anas play well together. Good vision and spacing. When those two are in the game together that's a lot of length. On the flip side, JJ played poorly at UNC and not good again today. Looked to be pouting...all need to click together to go far.

Great stat line against a horrible Syracuse front line. He goes for 18 & 11 consistently and we'll talk again, until then I'll call fools gold. I know what I see. Tons of potential that needs to be realized, not regretted.
the way you feel about spalding, i feel about adel.

Extremely pleased with seeing Spalding go to the rim hard and aggressive. He and Anas play well together. Good vision and spacing. When those two are in the game together that's a lot of length. On the flip side, JJ played poorly at UNC and not good again today. Looked to be pouting...all need to click together to go far.
I dont think he was pouting, he played well.... he is capable of better and hopefully embraces coming off of the bench and plays to his level

Yeah I agree. Those long jump steps by Deng driving to the basket were quite impressive. It's funny to see how different players react starting and or coming off the bench. I think JJ's performance all stems from his confidence level. Too high or too low. His play level shows up based on that factor alone. May be maturity. He needs to grow and get over it

the way you feel about spalding, i feel about adel.

You have no basis to bash Adel.
Adel didnt start but finished the game.
He was impressive, admit it. His defense is getting poor, yet
took it strong against the press.

Ray finally showed up after 10 games MIA.
Unlike Adel who is consistent.

Reactions: Cue Card

And King is consistent, consistent in doing virtually nothing.

Chance to prove why he should start, gets 1 point, 1 turnover, and 2 rebounds.

Yeah.....no..Adel should start and it's not close. Beasley just cherry picks Adel. Wish our moderators would give him a week off.

Yeah.....no..Adel should start and it's not close. Beasley just cherry picks Adel. Wish our moderators would give him a week off.
because i have a different opinion? lmao
take your ball and go home kid

Adel must have stole his lady.
Or beat him at poker. Somthin......

Happy for Ray today. I think we all kind of shook our heads when he got the start. He played great. Hopefully, this proves as a confidence builder.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Adel must have stole his lady.
Or beat him at poker. Somthin......
I believe Pitino did him no favors saying he will be the highest draft pick in louisville history.

Adel has a nice upside, he is not near his potential yet. He needs a coach to give him tennis balls and dribbling lessons. when his handles come up to a higher level, he will be a dangerous player. that is not bashing him, that is a solid fact.

He should be the 6th man from this point forward. It helps the team in many ways.

Go Cards......

I would say Adel has been more inconsistent than you'd think this year. Where was he the second half of the UNC game when we needed him? How many 20+ point games has he had this year? I think people were expecting Adel to make the strides that Donovan made in the offseason and that just did not happen. Adel is a solid college player at this point. No more, no less. Needs to work on dribbling and consistent offensive production. Donovan and Q are the leaders of this team and people expected more of Deng at this point because of off-season buzz that was unfair to him.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Adel's ball skills are below average at best. If he fixes that he may indeed play in the NBA. But, if he doesn't he'll be in the D-League forever. He has no left hand. Any coach worth 1/10th their salary will just sit on his right hand, you do that and it makes him virtually nonexistent off the bounce.

You guys are missing the point. Nobody is saying Adel is NBA ready. The conversation that Beas has been beating to death is that King should start over Adel. Even if he does, it will be the same result. Who's in the game when it matters.

Adel's defense is atrocious...period. He has offensive flashes, but is too inconsistent. But, man, that defense is bad. Snider also gets beat off the bounce a ton. Luckily we have shot blockers in the back line to make up for some of those on ball deficiencies.

I don't care who starts, but I think it would've been a good thing to start getting VJ some more minutes before the tourney. If Mitchell has an off game, he may be the type of guy that could pick up the slack. But I think lack of minutes may have drained his confidence.

Spaulding was good today, and as long as we have 2 of our 4 big guys playing well we should be okay there.

I would say Adel has been more inconsistent than you'd think this year. Where was he the second half of the UNC game when we needed him? How many 20+ point games has he had this year? I think people were expecting Adel to make the strides that Donovan made in the offseason and that just did not happen. Adel is a solid college player at this point. No more, no less. Needs to work on dribbling and consistent offensive production. Donovan and Q are the leaders of this team and people expected more of Deng at this point because of off-season buzz that was unfair to him.
be careful the girlscouts will come out in force against you

Adel's ball skills are below average at best. If he fixes that he may indeed play in the NBA. But, if he doesn't he'll be in the D-League forever. He has no left hand. Any coach worth 1/10th their salary will just sit on his right hand, you do that and it makes him virtually nonexistent off the bounce.
couldnt agree more.

give him dribbling drills to do and his game will improve

You guys are missing the point. Nobody is saying Adel is NBA ready. The conversation that Beas has been beating to death is that King should start over Adel. Even if he does, it will be the same result. Who's in the game when it matters.
what posters like you fail to realize is that we need king to play, and learn through his mistakes if we want a sniff at players like langford.
second, we need bench production. making adel the 6th man helps this team in many ways.

what posters like you fail to realize is that we need king to play, and learn through his mistakes if we want a sniff at players like langford.
second, we need bench production. making adel the 6th man helps this team in many ways.

Why cant VJ bring bench production?
Is he going to pout his way to starting like Ray ?

Langford needs to look at Donovan. Undrafted to lottery pick.
With or without Langford, Cards will succeed.

Happy for Ray today. I think we all kind of shook our heads when he got the start. He played great. Hopefully, this proves as a confidence builder.
Jekyll and Hyde.

He was a monster today.

Now tomorrow? We gotta hope so.

Spalding played lights out on Sunday. He has a tendency to shy away from being successfully blocked out as he will either foul, play soft or back off. When he learns how to "fight" through the blockouts, i.e., as he did today then he will realize his fantastic potential. And he does have great potential. Apparently he has finally learned to dunk the basketball. :p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Spalding played lights out on Sunday. He has a tendency to shy away from being successfully blocked out as he will either foul, play soft or back off. When he learns how to "fight" through the blockouts, i.e., as he did today then he will realize his fantastic potential. And he does have great potential. Apparently he has finally learned to dunk the basketball. :p

I have been concerned that RS hasn't been aggressive enough by dunking short shots instead of attempting to shoot them. Marquess Maybin reminded everyone today that he had a groin/hernia procedure while playing and RS had one this past summer. Maybin said his personal experience was that he was reluctant to push off quickly while he felt he was still recovering. While the summer procedure might not be the sole cause for the lack of expected improvement by RS from last year, he deserves more credit for his performance Sunday, than he got from a hater like Shortcreek who attributed it to the small Syracuse lineup.

Reactions: nccardfan
Syracuse has lost 13 fricken games, let's not confuse them with UNC or UCLA, give me a break! Hey, I'd love to be wrong, but Spalding is light years from consistently giving us those numbers. If he provides 8 & 8 the remainder of the season I'll eat my hat! Ain't gonna happen, hope he proves me wrong, cannot see it!

Spalding played lights out on Sunday...

HALF of Spalding's Sunday game over the rest of the year would help this team more than I can possibly say.

Peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT