ADVERTISEMENT

So how in the hell many slapd!cks?...

Dude, we had a hired gun who came to Louisville because he PREFERRED Louisville. And I'm perfectly cool with someone admitting mistakes...

Preferred Louisville over who? Certainly not UK, he didn't have that as an option. Michigan, sure. UCLA, he probably could have gotten that job too. But don't act like he chose UofL over UK, that's silly, even for you.

Preferred Louisville over who? Certainly not UK, he didn't have that as an option. Michigan, sure. UCLA, he probably could have gotten that job too. But don't act like he chose UofL over UK, that's silly, even for you.
How many slappy coaching changes were there while Pitino was at Louisville? I lost count.

And how many times did he openly joke about LPT fans? I lost count of that too.

You can argue his opinion didn't matter, but you can't argue that was his opinion.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Reactions: Deeva

He could have bumped Tubby out or had someone at uofk bump him out so he could return to Lexington. I never wanted him here.

I always used to say ;

If i had a hot tub time machine, instead of going back to win the lottery, id go back and made sure he was never coach here at UofL.

(And no i dont mean by violence.)

Reactions: Deeva and SoulSr
How many slappy coaching changes were there while Pitino was at Louisville? I lost count.

You can argue his opinion didn't matter, but you can't argue that was his opinion.

What are you arguing? Are you saying he preferred Louisville over UK when he took the job? Why would you say that? The UK job wasn't open. I imagine you are emphasizing how much he hated Lexington and the Kentucky fans and that he laughed at us. That's fine. Has he sold his house in Louisville yet?

What are you arguing? Are you saying he preferred Louisville over UK when he took the job? Why would you say that? The UK job wasn't open. I imagine you are emphasizing how much he hated Lexington and the Kentucky fans and that he laughed at us. That's fine. Has he sold his house in Louisville yet?
He took the job he wanted. Seems to have worked out for everyone till right at the end.

He thought you were slapd!cks like the rest of us, which was one of his more redeeming qualities. He could skirt around it but not quite say that for obvious reasons.

He thought you were slapd!cks like the rest of us, which was one of his more redeeming qualities. He could skirt around it but not quite say that for obvious reasons.

Yup.....that was it. Not cause the job wasn't open or he wasn't offered. Or Louisville would likely offer more or be a better opportunity to build what he wanted.
Ya got it.

He who laughs last.....laughs best

Yup.....that was it. Not cause the job wasn't open or he wasn't offered. Or Louisville would likely offer more or be a better opportunity to build what he wanted.
Ya got it.
The slappy job was open in 2007 and again in 2009.

That was not meant that way. It was directed at only rick. Zipp eluded to how pitino consistently laughed and joked at the lowly downtrodden and simple UK fans. He would sneer down at the commonwealth from his high castle. As a coach, Pitino was among the best of all time. He is still a Kentucky legend. As a person, he left much to be desired. Anyone who revered Rick for those qualities has his own set of problems...

So that comment "he who laughs last" was not directed broadly at college basketball or the Louisville athletic program. It was for Rick, delivered to Zipp by proxy.
Someone cue up the music to the LPT tap dancing!

Pitino wasn't a saint and few here said he was. That's just typical slapd!ck misdirection. He had his former fanbase nailed, and slapd!cks can argue that all they want. He was dead right, and it matters not at all where he is today--which is BTW pretty damn well off and smoking cigars on Miami Beach.

The Master got away from a cowtown and a fanbase full of lunatic no-lifers, and he had zero interest in going back. Who can blame him?

Pitino wasn't a saint and few here said he was. That's just typical slapd!ck misdirection. He had his former fanbase nailed, and slapd!cks can argue that all they want. He was dead right, and it matters not at all where he is today--which is BTW pretty damn well off and smoking cigars on Miami Beach.

The Master got away from a cowtown and a fanbase full of lunatic no-lifers, and he had zero interest in going back. Who can blame him?

Once he wins his lawsuit against UL and collects that $40,000,000, he will be smoking some big cigars.....

Once he wins his lawsuit against UL and collects that $40,000,000, he will be smoking some big cigars.....
Of course as a slappy, you have no idea how this stuff usually plays out.

You know Zipp, some people are so poor all they have is money.

I personally love the "bat$hit crazy" descriptor. About what we are if we accept the Postels without a fight...

I prefer crazy as a shithouse rat as a descriptor of anything associated with the unmentionable blue turds.

He also called Lexington and UK Camelot..

I think he always had a soft spot for UK, I'm surprised you're not using him being a former slapdick coach and bringing down our basketball program as a reason not to bring anymore slapdicks on board for positions here at UofL..:p:D

Reactions: SouthernCross
...I'm surprised you're not using him being a former slapdick coach and bringing down our basketball program as a reason not to bring anymore slapdicks on board for positions here at UofL..:p:D
Truth be told, I was never that suspicious of slappies working for U of L in the past. In many cases, I assumed they just 'wised up'. Now, it's different because I'm not at all sure of the people at the top.

It's one thing the poor guy standing in for Jurich (Tyra) has working against him IMO, and I've heard he's already acknowledged that. No one can help him unless he wants to step forward and say "I made a mistake as a teenager"...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT