ADVERTISEMENT

So how in the hell many slapd!cks?...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...does Frankfort want in the middle of U of L's management structure? The acting AD went to LPT, and today I hear that Postel's wife is an LPT grad.

Will I need an LPT degree to eventually attend a U of L game?

It's bad enough how many still live in Louisville. I don't wanna share a parking lot or an arena with slappies. Now, I have to become one? WTF is happening here?...

Why do you care where they live? You live in Indiana.
Thankfully, I don't know where in Bumfukegypt "Lawrenceburg" is. But I can damn well guarantee you that I live in a better place.

And if you wanna defend slappies in Lawrenceburg as you have in the past, that's fine. We don't want them over this way--and I'll give you more specifics if needed...

Reactions: blubo
I agree with Zipp this whole thing is a take over a power struggle is going on and we need to make sure the people in charge can maintain where we are today. I also saw where a lot of professors are complaining about how the process is moving forward. They are upset that to much is going on behind closed doors with only a few people having input.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Thankfully, I don't know where in Bumfukegypt "Lawrenceburg" is. But I can damn well guarantee you that I live in a better place.

And if you wanna defend slappies in Lawrenceburg as you have in the past, that's fine. We don't want them over this way--and I'll give you more specifics if needed...
See that's what you want posters to believe that I defend slappies, which I don't except in cases where you have your own agenda i.e. (Have more posts than anyone, i guess) but as I have said before when your misguided stats or drivel is intended to misrepresent, I will challenge you.

A few years ago there was talk about how the whole State University System should fall under one name, the University of Kentucky in the state legislature. This was to be done to reduce multiplicity to save money. Something similar to what Alabama has.

We were going to be called the "University of Kentucky at Louisville". WKU was going to be called the "University of Kentucky at Bowling Green", and so on.

To say there isn't some type of power grab going on, well your only fooling yourself.

It went away very quickly to say the least after people in Louisville found out about it.

It's the same thing in North Carolina. State system. UNC, UNCW (Wilmington), UNCC (Charlotte), UNCA (Asheville). Duke is private and State was NC State to distinguish from UNC - Chapel Hill.

Reactions: blubo

Hmmmm........Can't tell if your self righteous or insecure Z.

Last edited:
A few years ago there was talk about how the whole State University System should fall under one name, the University of Kentucky in the state legislature. This was to be done to reduce multiplicity to save money. Something similar to what Alabama has.

We were going to be called the "University of Kentucky at Louisville". WKU was going to be called the "University of Kentucky at Bowling Green", and so on.

To say there isn't some type of power grab going on, well your only fooling yourself.

It went away very quickly to say the least after people in Louisville found out about it.

I still do not believe this.

See that's what you want posters to believe that I defend slappies, which I don't except in cases where you have your own agenda i.e. (Have more posts than anyone, i guess) but as I have said before when your misguided stats or drivel is intended to misrepresent, I will challenge you.
Odd how only slapd!cks "like" your posts. Very odd since you're being misrepresented and I have the agenda...

It's the same thing in North Carolina. State system. UNC, UNCW (Wilmington), UNCC (Charlotte), UNCA (Asheville). Duke is private and State was NC State to distinguish from UNC - Chapel Hill.
Oh, then it's OK.

^^^ Closet "slapd!ck" ^^^

...does Frankfort want in the middle of U of L's management structure? The acting AD went to LPT, and today I hear that Postel's wife is an LPT grad.

It's bad enough how many still live in Louisville. I don't wanna share a parking lot or an arena with slappies. Now, I have to become one? WTF is happening here?...

Zipp,

I'm surprised you came with this kind of red herring take. I don't know you, but I sense that you are a pretty successful individual. One thing I've learned about successful people is that regardless of the circumstances their primary motivation is to do a good job. So it doesn't matter where they went to school, if they are putting their name to something then they are giving maximum effort to it. I went to St. X, however if Trinity called me up and said we need you on our Board of Trustees to help clean up a mess, then I'm certain I'd give 100% regardless of what my diploma says because my name and hardworking values trump the diploma. I feel like people like Tyra, Postel, Schnellenberger, Grissom, etc are cut from this same cloth. I have faith that they are making honest assessments and are not subverting the university because of what their diploma says.

Zipp,

I'm surprised you came with this kind of red herring take. I don't know you, but I sense that you are a pretty successful individual. One thing I've learned about successful people is that regardless of the circumstances their primary motivation is to do a good job. So it doesn't matter where they went to school, if they are putting their name to something then they are giving maximum effort to it. I went to St. X, however if Trinity called me up and said we need you on our Board of Trustees to help clean up a mess, then I'm certain I'd give 100% regardless of what my diploma says because my name and hardworking values trump the diploma. I feel like people like Tyra, Postel, Schnellenberger, Grissom, etc are cut from this same cloth. I have faith that they are making honest assessments and are not subverting the university because of what their diploma says.

Working backward, I have zero confidence in the agendas of most of the people you finished this post with. The premise may be that they're acting in U of L's best interests while the subplot may well be as long as that doesn't involve Jurich. Sorry, that ain't close to an honest, objective approach.

I went to X too, but I'm not too worried about THS trying to put X out-of-business. Nor do THS grads fill the ranks of local government making decisions that affect X. Tell me that's not what we're dealing with for U of L and LPT grads.

While you don't know me personally, one thing that should concern you is I'm not predisposed to be paranoid. I'm a pretty big responsibility guy, i.e., you get what you earn. When I (of all people) question whether people are out to get you, you should listen...

Odd how only slapd!cks "like" your posts. Very odd since you're being misrepresented and I have the agenda...
1) You rag on slappies but want to end our rivalry because you can't suffer losing to them or at least admitting it
2) You claim the only reason we can't beat UK in basketball is because of some Super Bowl syndrome but don't use the same analogy when it occurs in football
3) You rant against the Yum Center, which to my knowledge, Mr. Jurich should take a lot responsibility, but now you act as if CRP and TJ were your golfing buddies...
4) You claim you have a lot of civil court experience and I would assume you do since it seems like you're the kind of guy who would sue someone over a parking space

1) You rag on slappies but want to end our rivalry because you can't suffer losing to them or at least admitting it
2) You claim the only reason we can't beat UK in basketball is because of some Super Bowl syndrome but don't use the same analogy when it occurs in football
3) You rant against the Yum Center, which to my knowledge, Mr. Jurich should take a lot responsibility, but now you act as if CRP and TJ were your golfing buddies...
4) You claim you have a lot of civil court experience and I would assume you do since it seems like you're the kind of guy who would sue someone over a parking space
If you wanna make this thread about me as slapd!cks and internet no-lifers often do, let's start a new one on the OT board. I won't dignify your attempt to hijack this one.

But you are a curious little slappy sympathizer, and I understand why they like you...

If you don't have an agenda then no one does, ever. Might as well strike that word from the English language.
Closet slapd!ck brought up the issue of agenda, for the record.

I make no pretenses or apologies about having an anti-slapd!ck agenda, the opposite of the guy in the closet. That's another thing that differentiates me. And an agenda's kinda like paranoia... Just because it exists doesn't mean the underlying belief ain't true.

I really appreciate you bringing this up.

"Elite program," my a$$...

That's a pretty ad statement from one that honors UK with their avatar. Pot meet kettle. Plus remember Pitino was at UK.

It is going to be sad for the one's on here who don't see what is going on as an negative issue for Louisville. By the time you realize you were wrong it will be to late. I want Jnucklehank, UL86, Eastwood and nccardfan to to take the 3 AD's before Jurich and put all their accomplishments together and see how they don't stack up to Jurich.
Then realize that is what you will have with Postel and Tyra, they are bringing the program down. So go ahead and list the 3 because I am waiting.

It is going to be sad for the one's on here who don't see what is going on as an negative issue for Louisville. By the time you realize you were wrong it will be to late. I want Jnucklehank, UL86, Eastwood and nccardfan to to take the 3 AD's before Jurich and put all their accomplishments together and see how they don't stack up to Jurich.
Then realize that is what you will have with Postel and Tyra, they are bringing the program down. So go ahead and list the 3 because I am waiting.
Look I have never come onto this board and belittled Tom's accomplishments. They are outstanding. What I can't say (and I don't think anyone else can either unless they are a part of the inner circle) is whether if everything has been done ethically correct and whether he should shoulder some or most of the responsibility for our current position.

A very large group wants to put the blame solely on Pitino, McGee, Adidas, etc. Who is the common denominator or at least who should be? If he is clean, I don't have any problem with him as AD. In fact I hope this is the case, but to an outsider the issue of his highly paid son, his daughter's relationship with Adidas, are just eye opening if not sketchy.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
By the way, all acknowledged slapd!cks want Jurich gone. See a trend?...

Guy on the radio claimed to be a friend and classmate of Tyra.

Says the only reason he chose SuCkS over UofL is because they didnt have a reputable beisbol program.

I thought at 1st, ok i can understand that, however on second thought, why not go to UofL and establish one ?

Also reiterate, why is there only 4 UofL graduates on the BOT ???

How many UofL graduates are on SuCkS BOT ?
-1 ?

The trap you are falling into is in the belief that Tom Jurich is the only man on earth who has the skill set to take UofL athletics to huge heights. I have the utmost respect for what Tom has accomplished. In fact if you look back through the archives of my posts, someone in there I suggested that Harvard due a Business Case Study on what Jurich accomplished and I also said I thought Jurich should write a book on leadership and management. That being said, this isn't some scale where if the good outweighs the bad then the status quo remains. There are times when just few issues become so toxic that the best path forward is through change. Sometimes the best way to progress is to tear off the rear view mirror. Ultimately I think the question is that - can Tom Jurich operate in a space that now demands oversight and governance from superiors? Or is this best left to someone new?

Anyways, I'll leave you with a quote from Eric Crawford: "I’m weary of fans acting as if there’s only one person who can run the show. I like Jurich. I respect the work he has done in Louisville. But none of us is irreplaceable. There are other athletic departments in the country, believe it or not, who win more than Louisville and who aren’t repeat NCAA violators, and who don’t do it on the backs of their students, who already are struggling financially. And they don’t do it through intimidation or fear, which seems to be a common thread of many on campus when I ask their opinion, on the record, of what’s happened with athletics."

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I'll get the quote directly and correctly once R&R's podcast today is linked...

But the essence in John's remark just before 5 PM was that Postel's wife is a bat$hit crazy LPT fan. And the Postels were out somewhere Saturday nite cheering the slapd!cks thru defeat #31 at the hands of the Gators (...which makes me even happier about the outcome if that's possible.)

If you don't already know, Doc Ramsey's wife, Jane, is singlehandedly responsible for much of the U of L campus beautification work that started many years ago. I wonder if Postel's wife plans anything worthwhile for us?...

On one hand the 'agenda driven tak' seems far fetched, but when you step back and look at what's transpired at the 40,000 foot level, it does all smell a little funny.

Start with the fact that we admittedly were lil bro and no threat to big bro circa 1979. FF to 2015 and lil brother grew up to be a 6'6" and 240 pound stud who was whipping big bros ass. That didn't sit well with many UK power brokers.

That alone adds some consideration to Zipp's premise. Throw in the purely odd statistical chance that U of L and Bowen have become the poster child for public one and done shame of shoe company improprieties and something seems off....

Consider - The one and done era is 10 years old. The only targets for shoe company money to steer a recruit exists in the top 15-20 recruits each year who will quickly be pros whom Addidas/Nike want as clients. That's 150-200 possible targets. We've never had a single one of those until Bowen. That's one whose even in play for this scandal, and were the poster child. It all seems odd as the dust settles.

On one hand the 'agenda driven tak' seems far fetched, but when you step back and look at what's transpired at the 40,000 foot level, it does all smell a little funny.

Start with the fact that we admittedly were lil bro and no threat to big bro circa 1979. FF to 2015 and lil brother grew up to be a 6'6" and 240 pound stud who was whipping big bros ass. That didn't sit well with many UK power brokers.

That alone adds some consideration to Zipp's premise. Throw in the purely odd statistical chance that U of L and Bowen have become the poster child for public one and done shame of shoe company improprieties and something seems off....

Consider - The one and done era is 10 years old. The only targets for shoe company money to steer a recruit exists in the top 15-20 recruits each year who will quickly be pros whom Addidas/Nike want as clients. That's 150-200 possible targets. We've never had a single one of those until Bowen. That's one whose even in play for this scandal, and were the poster child. It all seems odd as the dust settles.
There ya go.

I'll get the quote directly and correctly once R&R's podcast today is linked...

But the essence in John's remark just before 5 PM was that Postel's wife is a bat$hit crazy LPT fan. And the Postels were out somewhere Saturday nite cheering the slapd!cks thru defeat #31 at the hands of the Gators (...which makes me even happier about the outcome if that's possible.)

If you don't already know, Doc Ramsey's wife, Jane, is singlehandedly responsible for much of the U of L campus beautification work that started many years ago. I wonder if Postel's wife plans anything worthwhile for us?...
My remarks above weren't too far off...

Ramsey & Rutherford audio excerpt

Reactions: CommodoreCard

Start with the fact that we admittedly were lil bro and no threat to big bro circa 1979. FF to 2015 and lil brother grew up to be a 6'6" and 240 pound stud who was whipping big bros ass. That didn't sit well with many UK power brokers...
And that slow, methodical growth is what changed the context between then and now as far as I'm concerned. LPT interests saw U of L as no threat to them fifty years ago. Today, we're a real and increasing threat.

That's why I'm good with LPT "infiltration" then but not anymore. There shouldn't be LPT bias within U of L to a degree more than they allow U of L bias in their operation. And you're gullible to think of that as paranoid, uneducated, or a tin foil hat POV...

But the essence in John's remark just before 5 PM was that Postel's wife is a bat$hit crazy LPT fan.

I dedicate this to Mrs Postal

DK1kiEUVwAAFr85.jpg

I personally love the "bat$hit crazy" descriptor. About what we are if we accept the Postels without a fight...

Reactions: PHCARD
The cleanup started with Ramsey and continues with Pitino who should have been fired by Jurich after the Karen Sypher embarrassment. Large amounts of money and no accountability. The students and donors deserve better. We are all grateful for new sheriffs. Thankfully Coach P is now Coach Padgett.

You really need to stop speaking for everyone. It's just wrong. Speak for yourself please and leave others to share their own opinions. That's the American way.
The students, staff donors and fans deserve better than the pathetic embarrassment they have suffered at the hands of highly paid big shots. There needs to be accountability. We all agree on that.

Wake up dude. We had a former slapdck coach for quite a while.

Reactions: conquecj
The students, staff donors and fans deserve better than the pathetic embarrassment they have suffered at the hands of highly paid big shots. There needs to be accountability. We all agree on that.
Why don't you specify your "big shots", and then we can let you pontificate about them without interruption?...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT