ADVERTISEMENT

SMU is Coming!

I’d rather the ACC added Oregon St and Washington St than SMU.
Why? DFW is much better for football recruiting, even than northern CA. Speaking of that region, do even Cal snd Stamford think that having Oregon St and Wazzou with them would matter positively for the ACC?

I’d have to look at the recent math more closely. When I checked previously, there was ample ACC money to pay up for a couple to receive SEC/BIG money. The burden is shouldered by everyone else, mostly the bottom feeders.

We should support an unequal revenue sharing plan for the entire conference. Hell, we were in the championship game year…
I think what FSU and Clemson want is permanent status as higher ACC revenue recipients irrespective of their performance. This would be a no-go for me. I do favor, however, a bonus for reaching the title game and additional funds for winning it. But it’s not just about football. There should be a formula to correctly and fairly reward winners in all sports.

Have you factored in their locations? Dallas is most definitely worth visiting as an Away fan. Pullman WA and Corvallis OR - not so. DFW is absolutely loaded with top recruits. Pullman and Corvallis - not at all.
If you’re into the outdoors, Corvallis and Pullman >>> DFW.

Although we shouldn’t add Boise lol

Boise did do something and that the MWC allowed. Boise owns all of their home game TV rights separately and sold them to FOX. The MWC was smart enough to know Boise games do matter to their league, so they let them have their own TV money just to keep them in their league.
That is very similar to the deal UofL MBB had with the Metro Conference. It worked very well for us for quite a while.

That is very similar to the deal UofL MBB had with the Metro Conference. It worked very well for us for quite a while.
Up until like 20-30 years ago, a lot of programs still owned the rights to some of their games even in football. I think in the future it might be smart for programs like UofL, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Indiana to sell their basketball rights separately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT