ADVERTISEMENT

Slightly OT: How many fans do y'all think you'll bring to Pitt?

Mar 9, 2007
Hey Louisville fans!

I was just curious if y'all project a decent amount of Cards fans travelling to Pitt for y'alls game against the Panthers on 11/21.

Over in the Coastal division, Carolina is in first place but it's a very slender one. We have a rough close to the season and may very well be in a position where we need Pitt to drop another ACC game, even with our tiebreaker over them. Looking at their schedule, the Cards are IMO their toughest conference test remaining.

I know y'all have a very passionate fanbase that travels well (was impressed, based on crowd shots, of how many fans you had at a Friday night game in Winston-Salem last week), and was just wondering if a bunch of Cards fans will be there to create a home away from home at Heinz Field ;)

Still love having you guys in the ACC. Go Cards! Go Heels!

We will be well represented heel. Don't worry, we got this.
leo-toast-gif.gif

We will be well represented heel. Don't worry, we got this.
Haha, awesome! Like I said in my first post though, I'm definitely not worried about your fans travelling in force. It's very cool to see how energized your fanbase is and how pumped you are to be in the ACC (unlike, oh I don't know....Pittsburgh.....read their board. Half their posters pine for the Big 10, and the other half are too busy talking about all things Penn State).

I definitely pull for Louisville to do well, and I just wish we could play y'all more often in football. But yeah, I definitely think the Cards can take down the Panthers. I don't know if any of y'all watched any of our game vs. Pitt this past Thursday. Defensively, if you can just limit Tyler Boyd's catches (easier said than done, the dude is a freakishly good receiver) you should be alright. When pressured, their QB Peterman seems to get a bit skiddish and will throw inaccurate balls or throw into coverage which can lead to a pick. I have faith your DLmen can generate pressure without having to blitz because we were able to get pressure just bringing four, and the defensive line is NOT a strength of our team.

Anyway, apologies for looking down the road. I know y'all are focused only on Syracuse right now. Maybe I'll re-visit this thread during Pitt game week :cool:

Reactions: American Male
Haha, awesome! Like I said in my first post though, I'm definitely not worried about your fans travelling in force. It's very cool to see how energized your fanbase is and how pumped you are to be in the ACC (unlike, oh I don't know....Pittsburgh.....read their board. Half their posters pine for the Big 10, and the other half are too busy talking about all things Penn State).

I definitely pull for Louisville to do well, and I just wish we could play y'all more often in football. But yeah, I definitely think the Cards can take down the Panthers. I don't know if any of y'all watched any of our game vs. Pitt this past Thursday. Defensively, if you can just limit Tyler Boyd's catches (easier said than done, the dude is a freakishly good receiver) you should be alright. When pressured, their QB Peterman seems to get a bit skiddish and will throw inaccurate balls or throw into coverage which can lead to a pick. I have faith your DLmen can generate pressure without having to blitz because we were able to get pressure just bringing four, and the defensive line is NOT a strength of our team.

Anyway, apologies for looking down the road. I know y'all are focused only on Syracuse right now. Maybe I'll re-visit this thread during Pitt game week :cool:
I believe that we will have several thousand people there. As a black alumni member i can say certain games are circled as trips for the association. It used to be depaul and now its Pittsburg and anything Atlanta.

Ps. We will beat Pitt

I believe that we will have several thousand people there. As a black alumni member i can say certain games are circled as trips for the association. It used to be depaul and now its Pittsburg and anything Atlanta.

I'm from outside of Atlanta. Grew up there basically my whole life. I would strongly encourage you to attend the next time Louisville plays at Georgia Tech because Bobby Dodd Stadium is a treasure and an amazing place to watch a game. But.........a quick glance at schedules reveals y'all don't travel there until 2023 which friggin sucks.

I'm really, really hoping the NCAA relents on the divisions thing so that all ACC teams can play each other much more often than the current 6 (division) + 1 (fixed crossover) + 1 (rotating crossover) allows.

Ps. We will beat Pitt
I'm taking this to the bank!

Reactions: beasleythecard
I think we can beat Pitt but we are going to have to play well. I was talking to a friend today and we were talking about how Pitt and Syracuse always played us tough in the Big East.

Syracuse will be tough. Pitt sucks. They really do. They are the Memphis State of the ACC in terms of how much I dislike them. I hate the way they conspired to break up the BE and it just goes to show what suckish people run that place. I hope we beat those turds by 50.

Syracuse will be tough. Pitt sucks. They really do. They are the Memphis State of the ACC in terms of how much I dislike them. I hate the way they conspired to break up the BE and it just goes to show what suckish people run that place. I hope we beat those turds by 50.
Yeah I don't get those folks. They are much more amped up for their game this weekend against Notre Dame than they were for a home (in primetime on a Thursday night!!) divisional clash with us that borderline served as a de facto elimination game to see who gets to go to Charlotte.

Even one of their RB's, after the game, said something after the game to the effect of "we have a bigger game coming up this weekend [against Notre Dame]." Huh?

Here's to hoping y'all beat them. Oh and for those watching at home, here's a drinking game for you: drink every time they show Pat Narduzzi whining to the refs. You'll be drunk by halftime! :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT