ADVERTISEMENT

Sirmon just resigned.

Good luck, but good riddance.

tenor.gif

Not buying the “stepped down” for one second
Yep!!

Living in the professional world, I have seen where someone "stepped down" when they were essentially forced out. If it were to happen to me, I would probably appreciate the opportunity to save face and move somewhere else without the negative mark. I suppose we will never know the truth; but the important thing is we have the opportunity to get a better DC.

Will the CJ start a "hire Lamar Thomas" line to go with their "hire Kenny Payne" story?

It will be interesting to see if the new administration will throw around the kind of money for the next guy that the old administration threw at Grantham and Sirmon.

Does CBP have another son in law? Couldn’t help it.
Gotta wonder if the hiring of the son-in-law was a sticking point for Sirmon? Not that he really had a leg to stand on but I can't believe that he was the one that came to Petrino with the suggestion to hire that kid.

Kenny Payne not available? Glad to see Sirmon gone. I hope CBP doesn't go for another quickie hire although I do believe he already had a short list ready to go. I will make one prediction. If he does hire family the fan base will go ballistic. Would be a dumber hire than even Sirmon of Krags. Negativity? I call it reality. How can we not recruit as well now as Howard did. He had to sell Cardinal Stadium crying out loud and still got the Ted Washington's to come. That's 100/real.

This is where the nepotism on the staff could be problematic. A new DC might want his own guys but the sons-in-law of CBP are non-negtioable.

Does CBP have another son in law? Couldn’t help it.
Gotta wonder if the hiring of the son-in-law was a sticking point for Sirmon? Not that he really had a leg to stand on but I can't believe that he was the one that came to Petrino with the suggestion to hire that kid.

Good point. Who knows but he did take a demotion. Sounds to me like he was forced out.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I think you guys lost little with Sirmon leaving. He may be a fine position coach but has failed at two schools as a DC.
What you have will be a new DC coming in to a situation with few returnees and no player he has recruited no matter what his scheme may be.
Works fine at Bama, Georgia and Clemson. Outside of that it'll be a teeth grinder for a time.

seems to me when we had all our players we played good, otherwise we didn't. maybe it was more lack of any kind of depth when he arrived that was the problem and maybe not him

At the end of the day the head coach has the responsibility for team defensive motivation and execution. Sirmon did a good job as did Lamar Jackson The head coach and defensive unit were mediocre this year.

Sirmon lost me at his first press conference when he said he was a "player's coach." So was Kragthorpe. The kids need an sob like Grantham not another buddy. I've never known a player's coach who did well. They don't need to like you they need to respect you. I just kept hoping for the best throughout Sirmon's California style season even made excuses for him. Hoping again for the best with the new hire. Does CBP have any more daughter's or single sister's?

Reactions: STLNBSE
I'm concerned we will hire Ward as our DC instead of hiring outside the program as we should. I'll be hugely disappointed if this happens.

Sirmon was set up to fail from jump.

ANY DC starts from behind here. And stays behind. I don’t think Wakey Leaks had anything to do with Grantham leaving.

I think he said “screw it, keep your offense”

As has been said, all we need is a serviceable defense. Nothing great.

And that’s a good thing because we’re never going to be great on D.

Any new DC will be an improvement, only way I'm disappointed is if it's a worse hire than Sirmon. Glad Cort Dennison was loyal enought to wait until now to go. It appears he and Oregon had been talking for some time, he got our recruiting class signed first. We owe the young man a shout out for that! Class kid. Looks like ony 1 of our final 3 schollies will be for defense anyways, hope we get Marlon Character. Kids was a 4 star out of HS and is currently the #1 ranked JUCO safety. He was going to South Carolina all along but when he didn't graduate in December Muschamp pulled the offer. He's still on course to graduate in May and he said he really wanted to hear from us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT