ADVERTISEMENT

Since it's a BYE week .... who's in line to potentially replace our senior studs next season?

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Let's look to the future a little bit ... to next year, just for a little bit.

Who are the guys we will be counting on to replace some stud seniors, some of whom are NFL caliber type talent? Who do you see potentially filling these guys' spots?

Josh Harvey-Clemons -- We have several guys playing in the safety spot this year who will be back, and be the main guys for sure. But I wouldn't be surprised to see immediate impact from T J Jallow, a kid we signed out of high school, only to see him have to go the JUCO route. JHC is a freak though, and will be impossible to replace, really. At least by one guy.

Keith Kelsey -- I have no idea ... what does the board think?? We seem to have some "sorta" unknowns on the roster (Tabarious Peterson, Gary McCrae, Amonte Caban, Tobias Little, Henry Famurewa, Isaac Stewart) ... not sure what we're recruiting here either.

DeAngelo Brown -- I would assume it would be Kyle Shortridge's job to do, but I would hope G G Robinson starts to show his chops. DeAngelo Brown is a beast though. He will be tough to replace.

Devonte Fields -- Fingers crossed, and prayers sent, for Trevon Young to not only come back, but be half of what he was showing before getting hurt last season. You know he'll be hungry, as the taste in his mouth from last year ouldn;t be good (suspended for breaking team rules against UK, and then getting hurt early in the first quarter in the bowl game). You know he'll want to play the way he was playing earlier in that year. If Trevon CAN'T come back, then I think it falls to James Hearns to be the leader (assuming he doesn't go pro).

Cole Hikutini -- This is a 3 headed monster position this year, with Cole clearly being the primary pass catcher. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan Davis, the Texas A&M transfer sitting out this year make an immediate impact.

Tobijah Hughley -- I'll have to defer to those that follow the OLine. As much grief as Tobijah has gotten in his career (admittedly, a lot of it deserved), he's a great story, and has improved leaps and bounds in his career, anchoring a very improved OLine for us this year.

We also lose James Quick, Jamari Staples, Brandon Radcliff, among others, but we talk about those positions all the time. I am curious to know about these guys above ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News