ADVERTISEMENT

Shoni Schimmel traded

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Shoni Schimmel has been traded to the New York Liberty. Maybe now she will get the playing time she needs to shine. She needs to get serious about her career and get and stay in shape. If she doesn't she will have a short career. The ladies are getting better every year and Shoni's flashy game will not be the only one.

Unfortunately Shoni has had a history of weight issues with CJW. However she was too talented and she knew it that she wouldn't sit on the bench. I don't see Shoni changing at this stage.

Unfortunately Shoni has had a history of weight issues with CJW. However she was too talented and she knew it that she wouldn't sit on the bench. I don't see Shoni changing at this stage.

Agreed. Unfortunately you have to wonder about her commitment and discipline at this stage. I mean, she is wildly popular, being a 2-time WNBA All-Star, despite not normally starting and only averaging 20 min. and 8 pts. per game the last 2 years. This is her 2nd year coming into training camp out of shape. She has to understand this is now her year round profession and she has to make the career choice to treat it as such, not just when the spotlight shines on her.

Shimmel was a fun Card to watch and helped the program immensely, but Walz allowed her to play while overweight. Unfortunate that he didn't help her understand the importance of conditioning while in college

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT