ADVERTISEMENT

Shaq wiggins

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
just curious but does anybody know his status? I know he was hurt a couple of games but did he play against Duke or NC state? Stats say he played but didn't record any tackles. Is he playing on special teams?

just curious but does anybody know his status? I know he was hurt a couple of games but did he play against Duke or NC state? Stats say he played but didn't record any tackles. Is he playing on special teams?

Played very well against NC State. First game back after his injury. Very good cover cornerback.

Reactions: beasleythecard
He and Washington need to learn to wrap up when making a tackle. They want to make the big hit, then the guys bounces of a make a big play. Pi$$es me off.

Reactions: beasleythecard
He's very good at both.

If we only considered cornerbacks who were never beaten in one on one coverage to be very good, then there would be no very good corners.

Very good may be a stretch, unless you mean that he's very good at telling you that he's very good.

He was the corner that NC State picked on in the 2nd half - gave up that TD on the double move to #8

Last edited:
Reactions: CardFanBudMan
He's very good at both.

If we only considered cornerbacks who were never beaten in one on one coverage to be very good, then there would be no very good corners.
Completely agree with your second sentence - as for the first, I like corners to cover better than they talk. As of now, Wiggins has a better trash talk game than cover technique.

As for tackling, I'm with nc4 - Wiggins makes Deion Sanders look like Dick Butkus.

Reactions: n4cer2ad and WKCard
Washington is our best tackling CB, and has been for a couple years. It's why he starts.

Shaq is our quickest corner, best man-cover guy, when healthy, but his tackling skills are very mediocre.

Alexander is our best ball-skills guy, and our overall most talented CB, and has the biggest upside. But he still is young and learning. He still commonly gives up separation early in his routes (because he needs to improve technique), but often uses his talent to recover, especially against semi-accurate or less-Than-top-shelf QBs.

Reactions: PushupMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT