ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Losses To Non P5 Schools This Year

SpotHogCard

1250+
Mar 17, 2013
Everyone is talking about how terrible the ACC is this year but it's simply not true. Look at the post below that I got from the yutiot board.

SEC has lost to a lot of non P5 teams this year, Ga State, BYU, Western Ky, San Jose State, App State and Nevada.

I stand by my opinion.

I think Us, Miami, Wake, Virginia and Clemson would/ could beat about half of the SEC.

List

USC
Yutiots
UT
ATM
Ole Miss
Miss State
Missouri
Ark
Vandy
UF

Clemson would/could beat all of the top tier teams so I don't know where all of this "ACC is terrible" talk is coming from.

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
Kentucky has a very soft schedule, yet they are barely going to be bowl eligible. That’s with 8 freaking home games! Lol

Man that's all you hear from their fan base. How bad our schedule is. Last year they even had the nerve to accuse UofL of hurting their strength of schedule. Man those hillbillies talk before they think.

Your list is faulty, the only SEC schools to lose this year to non P5 schools are as follows:

USC
UT
Ole Miss
Missouri
Ark
Vandy

Continue on your SEC bashing.....

Your list is faulty, the only SEC schools to lose this year to non P5 schools are as follows:

USC
UT
Ole Miss
Missouri
Ark
Vandy

No SEC school should ever lose to a non P5 school.

Thats all ilve heard over the years.

Crappy footaball outside of the big 6
8 home games
Rare true road games
Rampant academic and recruiting cheating.

Mack trucked in the CFP final.
Its accurate.

USC
UT
Ole Miss
Missouri
Ark
Vandy

That is a list of SEC teams that suck and could be beaten by the ACC teams.

I stand by my opinion.

I think Us, Miami, Wake, Virginia and Clemson would/ could beat about half of the SEC.

List

USC
Yutiots
UT
ATM
Ole Miss
Miss State
Missouri
Ark
Vandy
UF

Last edited:
The ACC is bad this year. The SEC is a bit overrated, but most here just associate UK with the SEC and just hate everything about it. I’m not a conference guy, I’m a Cardinal guy.

The SEC has LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and Florida who are all pretty elite teams. The ACC has Clemson. Clemson can compete with anyone in the nation and conference affiliation doesn’t matter.

Now the SEC #6-#14 is probably comparable to the #2-#14 of the ACC. The Atlantic is probably just as good or a bit worse than the SEC East. The Coastal isn’t even as good as some of the top AAC teams t be honest.

Now guess what? Power 5 teams are still good no matter if they are ranked or not. The SEC and Big 10 have more talent, but it’s not like the ACC is far behind. A power 5 schedule is tough no matter the conference, even the PAC 12

That is a list of SEC teams that suck and could be beaten by the ACC teams.

I stand by my opinion.

List

USC
Yutiots
UT
ATM
Ole Miss
Miss State
Missouri
Ark
Vandy
UF

Say it a little louder for those in the back.

Certain 'Cards' fans didnt hear you

Say it a little louder for those in the back.

Certain 'Cards' fans didnt hear you
Yeah, I don’t know about throwing Miami out there as our rep. They lost to Georgia Tech.

And I mean I would hope our top 4-5 teams could beat their bottom 7 teams. But the fact that it’s a discussion is very telling.

I want our conference to be strong, but for the next 2-3 years it will jump start our rebuild having easier games on the schedule. So I’m all for the ACC being trash.

Yeah, I don’t know about throwing Miami out there as our rep. They lost to Georgia Tech.

And I mean I would hope our top 4-5 teams could beat their bottom 7 teams. But the fact that it’s a discussion is very telling.

I want our conference to be strong, but for the next 2-3 years it will jump start our rebuild having easier games on the schedule. So I’m all for the ACC being trash.

Georgia lost to unranked Scar at home.
Bama lost by 4 touchdowns to Clemson.

The OP is correct.
8 of the 14 SEC teams are garbage and none would finish 2nd or 3rd in the ACC. Maybe not even 4th or 5th.

We'll get to see at least 4 more ACC vs. SEC games before Bowl season:

UofL-UK
Florida St.-Florida
Clemson-SC
Georgia Tech-GA

I'm guessing the SEC will be favored in 3 of the 4 games. So anything better than 1-3 is a good outing for the league.

Per the Sagarin ratings, UofL’s schedule to date is 20th toughest. UK’s is 38th. Our schedule is plenty tough and it will be quite an accomplishment to become bowl eligible against this schedule.

Georgia lost to unranked Scar at home.
Bama lost by 4 touchdowns to Clemson.

The OP is correct.
8 of the 14 SEC teams are garbage and none would finish 2nd or 3rd in the ACC. Maybe not even 4th or 5th.
Again, all you did was mention Clemson. Nobody is disputing Clemson being good. You haven’t mentioned any ACC team as proof that they’re good.

And Georgia beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame is 4-0 pretty easily against the ACC. Georgia is better than every team not named Clemson in the ACC by a mile.

I’ll say again
Wake Forrest, Virginia, Va Tech, Miami, Louisville, UNC, Pitt, Boston College, NC State, are probably even enough with mid/low tier SEC teams like Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Kensucky, Tennessee, So. Carolina

And that’s cool for trash talk, but again that’s our top half of the conference against the bottom half of their conference.

But the top 5-6 in the SEC?
LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, and Heck is dare say Texas A&M would be top 3 easy in the ACC.

That’s sUcKs fan tactics Kerry. Banging the drum for the top team in our conference and acting like that somehow makes us look better because they’re good, like they do with Bama.

But I understand. “UK in SEC so they bad. UL in ACC so that make it better. That’s all that matters”

Again, all you did was mention Clemson. Nobody is disputing Clemson being good. You haven’t mentioned any ACC team as proof that they’re good.

And Georgia beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame is 4-0 pretty easily against the ACC. Georgia is better than every team not named Clemson in the ACC by a mile.

I’ll say again
Wake Forrest, Virginia, Va Tech, Miami, Louisville, UNC, Pitt, Boston College, NC State, are probably even enough with mid/low tier SEC teams like Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Kensucky, Tennessee, So. Carolina

And that’s cool for trash talk, but again that’s our top half of the conference against the bottom half of their conference.

But the top 5-6 in the SEC?
LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, and Heck is dare say Texas A&M would be top 3 easy in the ACC.

That’s sUcKs fan tactics Kerry. Banging the drum for the top team in our conference and acting like that somehow makes us look better because they’re good, like they do with Bama.

But I understand. “UK in SEC so they bad. UL in ACC so that make it better. That’s all that matters”

Are you daft.

The OP stated the premise about the non ranked teams.
You can pick any P5 conference and have their top 3 teams ranked 2-4 behind Clemson.

Losing to unranked Scar should keep you out of the playoffs.

Not beating any current tanked teams, should keep you out of the playoffs if you have a loss.

Continue to slobber over the SeC.
Its garbage 7-14.
None of those teams could finish 2nd ,,3rd or 4th in the Atlantic.

You acting like grover or one of those "i pull for both unless theyre playing each other cayuts fans.

Have at it.
Enjoy SEC crap.

Continue to slobber over the SeC.
Its garbage 7-14.
None of those teams could finish 2nd ,,3rd or 4th in the Atlantic.

Have at it.
Enjoy SEC crap.
Again no one debates that Clemson isn’t great. They’d be a playoff team in any conference.

But the ACC is Garbage 2-14. That’s not debatable.

And who is 2nd in the Atlantic that’s so scary? Wake Forrest? You and I watched that same team and if that’s who we are banging our chest about, yeah we have problems. There isn’t 1 ranked team outside of Clemson in the ACC at this moment and that’s how the year will end. Only 3 teams in the Atlantic are over .500 right now. That’s hot garbage. I mean be my guest and start naming teams in the Atlantic that are so amazing.

Yes UK sucks, we know that, but Alabama doesn’t make them better the same as Clemson doesn’t clean up a trash ACC.

And didn’t that South Carolina team lose to Appalachian State also. I’m not saying that’s a bad loss, because Appalachian State is good and I believe ranked. App State is not a P5 school obviously.

I think both ACC and SEC teams are top heavy and somewhat down year over over year.

But at the tail end, I’d give the edge to the ACC as being overall better from middle of the pack down.

One way to tighten this theory is for the Cards to put a beat down on UK!

Reactions: Mayoman
And didn’t that South Carolina team lose to Appalachian State also. I’m not saying that’s a bad loss, because Appalachian State is good and I believe ranked. App State is not a P5 school obviously.

I think both ACC and SEC teams are top heavy and somewhat down year over over year.

But at the tail end, I’d give the edge to the ACC as being overall better from middle of the pack down.

One way to tighten this theory is for the Cards to put a beat down on UK!
The ACC isn’t really top heavy. It’s Clemson and a bunch of ???. The SEC is 6 good teams and after that ??? I mean after Clemson who is a good teams, Wake Forrest or Virginia? I’m not impressed with either of those teams.

And for clarity, we are looking at being a top half ACC team and sUcKs is a bottom 4 SEC team. We are comparing the bottom with our top. That’s where I’m confounded that we are debating the bottom half of the SEC versus our top half.

Let’s look at it this way, UNC and SoCar lost to App state by 4-5 points. UNC beat SoCar by 4 points. So those teams are all close per say, and UNC is the only team in the ACC that gave Clemson a game. I’d give a team like SoCar a good chance to beat NC State, Cuse, and BC. Probably would be a good game against us and Florida State. Outside of Clemson, I don’t see an obvious loss for them.

Now I will agree our bottom of Ga Tech and Cuse is a bit better than the SEC bottom teams of Vanderbilt and Arkansas. But our 2-12 is in competition with their 7-12. That’s where you really see the difference.

Miami. Wake ,Virginia, Miami, Clemson, BC, Duke and Georgia Tech would dominate the SEC East.

In the west

Bama, LSU and Auburn would not be 1,2 and 3 either. It would most likely be Clemson, LSU, Bama then a wash after that.

Take that SEC crap somewhere else because I'm not buying anything your selling.

The SEC is the best league. As for "how much" better, that's probably the unknown.

I don't watch the TV as much as I used to watch it, so I'm not sure how strong the networks bias is or isn't.

When looking @ the BCS standings - I see three SEC teams in the top 5.

Georgia has a loss at home to a sub .500 team. This is problematic to the common fan. Somebody may be able to take a deep dive into explaining it, but one loss OU is #10, undefeated Minn is #8, and it just doesn't feel right. Minn has a very good win, Alabama does not. Of course Bama slides in at #5 and have beaten nobody worth mentioning.

So it really feels like both those SEC teams are getting preferential treatment.

Oregon has 1 loss and is #6. Their loss was to an SEC team, which strengthen the SEC obviously. Auburn is #12, so that loss does not look bad at all and it was the opener.

Georgia's loss should be more costly. Alabama has beaten nobody. I think the common fan is just burnt out on all things SEC because of the preferential treatment they get in polls and media coverage.

Last edited:
The SEC is the best league. As for "how much" better, that's probably the unknown.

I don't watch the TV as much as I used to watch it, so I'm not sure how strong the networks bias is or isn't.

Georgia has a loss at home to a sub .500 team. This is problematic to the common fan. Somebody may be able to take a deep dive into explaining it, but one loss OU is #10, undefeated Minn is #8, and it just doesn't feel right. Minn has a very good win, Alabama does not. Of course Bama slides in at #5 and have beaten nobody worth mentioning.

So it really feels like both those SEC teams are getting preferential treatment.

Oregon has 1 loss and is #6. Their loss was to an SEC team, which strengthen the SEC obviously. Auburn is #12, so that loss does not look bad at all and it was the opener.

Georgia's loss should be more costly. Alabama has beaten nobody. I think the common fan is just burnt out on all things SEC because of the preferential treatment they get in polls and media coverage.
This gets the Post of the Thread Award. Very well stated.

Now the only SEC team I truly give a damn about right now is UK. They are on our schedule. As a former player, and as most other players, we don’t give a rats arse what conference they are affiliated with, they are just another foe. But if we fans truly want to demonstrate a conference representation, then let’s rep by stomping those just down the highway.

These things fluctuate with time. There were years when the BE was better than the ACC and in some ways the $EC. You have to look at these things over the long haul.

Looks like ?
They without a doubt get preferential treatment.

#5 Georgia losses to unranked Scar ,
drops to #12
and is back up to #5

WTF....

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
Louisville didnt get that after losing to #15 on the road.

Lets hear the SEC lover in this thread splain that..........
It’s definitely tough to understand. But check it Kerry, soon enough UofL, did that for you, will be at the heart of this conversation because I truly feel the Cards are gonna be at Clemson’s level vying for that playoff spot in the rankings soon.

Miami. Wake ,Virginia, Miami, Clemson, BC, Duke and Georgia Tech would dominate the SEC East.
I’m an SEC lover, yet posts like this exist on our board. Lol

Georgia Tech would dominate the SEC East, let us never call sUcKs fans delusional again because we have something like that posted by our fan base. Man, and Vanderbilt Basketball would be top 5 in the ACC while we are at it on the delusional train!

I mean just saying things makes them true! Heck Georgia Tech could probably win by 20 in The Swamp! Because UofL is ACC, we need to be like sUcKs fans and use our ACC Pom poms against the evil SEC because sUcKs is in that conference and all those team are automatically bad!!

I do believe the SEC is a bit overrated. I do believe that Minnesota should get a bit more respect, but Georgia being #4 is fine with me.

They have a win over a top 10 Florida team and a ranked Notre Dame team, who they weren’t afraid to schedule in non conference. Alabama is the team I think is overrated and Minnesota has a better resume than Alabama.

My 4?
LSU
Ohio State
Clemson
Georgia

Next 2?
Minnesota
Alabama/Oregon tie for 6th
Oklahoma
Penn State or Florida at 10

That’s my 10

I believe Ohio State is far and away the best team in the nation when it’s all said and done.

Louisville didnt get that after losing to #15 on the road.

Lets hear the SEC lover in this thread splain that..........
If you’re talking about 2016.

Houston was unranked when they played us, they were not ranked. When they beat us, they moved up to #20 in the CFP rankings. They were ranked preseason and during the season, but losses to Navy and SMU bumped them out.

And we didn’t just lose, we got embarrassed and blown out.

So that revisionist history you’re talking about did not occur.

If you’re talking about 2016.

Houston was unranked when they played us, they were not ranked. When they beat us, they moved up to #20 in the CFP rankings. They were ranked preseason and during the season, but losses to Navy and SMU bumped them out.

And we didn’t just lose, we got embarrassed and blown out.

So that revisionist history you’re talking about did not occur.

Only people that defend the Sec are SuCkS fans.

Dont hide it. Wear it with pride.

You hijacked a thread attacking UofL's conference. Start your own anti -ACC thread.

The season started with 6 SEC schools in the top 10
Why. The powers that be are SEC lovers then big 10 lovers.

You havent brought up the big10 or Big12. Just the " Send Em Cash" conference.

Its a reason the SeC has had 11 of their 14 schools on probation for cheating.

Cape away-

Only people that defend the Sec are SuCkS fans.

Dont hide it. Wear it with pride.

You hijacked a thread attacking UofL's conference. Start your own anti -ACC thread.

The season started with 6 SEC schools in the top 10
Why. The powers that be are SEC lovers then big 10 lovers.

You havent brought up the big10 or Big12. Just the " Send Em Cash" conference.

Its a reason the SeC has had 11 of their 14 schools on probation for cheating.

Cape away-
Actually, posting like that with just plain paranoia without any facts is a typical sUcKs fan that never went to a college that lives in a trailer park. A sUcKs blueneck just looks at things with blind hate and bias.

A real UofL grad post things with logic and are accepted by modern society. A UofL grad is taught to look at all sides of an issue and consider the facts, not blind faith. Love him or hate him, that’s why @zipp does well on here because he at least brings his arguments with numbers. I don’t usually agree, but he brings his stuff with things to back it up.

So therefore, my behavior is not a blueneck behavior, it’s more like a UofL graduate hat has a degree from a well respected public institution.

Not saying you didn’t go to UofL or college in general, but you are not representing the wonderful education being taught at our great school.

Sorry to be harsh, but you called me a UK fan and them be some arguing words!

@KerryRhodes

You also never asked me about other conferences. You kept talking about the ACC. I don’t think the SEC is the clear cut #1.

the Big 10 is as good if not better than the SEC, if I had to pick 1 it’d be the Big 10

1t. Big 10
1t. SEC
3. Big 12
4t. ACC
4t. PAC 12
6. AAC

And RPI ratings have the AAC ahead of the ACC and PAC 12. So I didn’t fully go by analytics.

The bowl games are my measurement.

So if the $EC “doesn’t care” about whatever bowl they get, and get beat, then they are simply not as good as the other team. Period.

Regardless the “numbers”.

And except for a handful of times, they’ve never been as dominant as the “numbers” say they should be. Just some examples in major bowls

Fiesta Bowl: “experts” felt sorry for UL going in vs Bama

Sugar Bowl vs Florida: nearly the same attitude

2006(7) bowl (?) Boise vs Ok. Boise had zero chance on paper.

And who thought Clemson would destroy Bama the way they did?

Paper, and “I think”, only go so far.

That’s why you play the games.

I’m an SEC lover, yet posts like this exist on our board. Lol

Georgia Tech would dominate the SEC East, let us never call sUcKs fans delusional again because we have something like that posted by our fan base. Man, and Vanderbilt Basketball would be top 5 in the ACC while we are at it on the delusional train!

I mean just saying things makes them true! Heck Georgia Tech could probably win by 20 in The Swamp! Because UofL is ACC, we need to be like sUcKs fans and use our ACC Pom poms against the evil SEC because sUcKs is in that conference and all those team are automatically bad!!

I do believe the SEC is a bit overrated. I do believe that Minnesota should get a bit more respect, but Georgia being #4 is fine with me.

They have a win over a top 10 Florida team and a ranked Notre Dame team, who they weren’t afraid to schedule in non conference. Alabama is the team I think is overrated and Minnesota has a better resume than Alabama.

My 4?
LSU
Ohio State
Clemson
Georgia

Next 2?
Minnesota
Alabama/Oregon tie for 6th
Oklahoma
Penn State or Florida at 10

That’s my 10

I believe Ohio State is far and away the best team in the nation when it’s all said and done.

I think you have a problem with reading and comprehension.

Georgia Tech would beat UT, Vandy and the Yutiots.
My point was that all of the teams I listed would beat teams in the East.

Now run along closet Yutiot

I think you have a problem with reading and comprehension.

Georgia Tech would beat UT, Vandy and the Yutiots.
My point was that all of the teams I listed would beat teams in the East.

Now run along closet Yutiot
Georgia Tech is the only Power 5 team that has lost to an FCS school. The ACC is the only power conference that has a loss to an FCS school and that’s solely because of Georgia Tech.

This times 1000x1000 more onto infinity.

The SEC is and has been the media's self fulfilling prophecy league for a long, long time and especially since ESPN started the SEC Network and CBS with the SEC game of the week in ancient times

The media helped create it and sustains it with the hype and over rating of SEC teams year in and year out. Which moves the top recruits to the league and the wash, rinse, recycle keeps on trucking.

Side Note: UF does not belong in the T10 either with their 2 losses which should be 3. That school in LexSux had them beaten in their game this year and let them off the hook with a late 4th Qtr choke job another fall/come from the lead loss for the cayuts. Any team that displayed that effort against that team in not T10 worthy....period.

Last edited:

USC
UT
Ole Miss
Missouri
Ark
Vandy

From my original post.

SEC has lost to a lot of non P5 teams this year, Ga State, BYU, Western Ky, San Jose State, App State and Nevada.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT