ADVERTISEMENT

Season on the line vs BC

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Not enough to rebound from 2-5. Need to get to 3-4.

BC's run D is stout they may not have a great record but they are a tough team.

If our team isn't motivated we'll lose, and quite honestly we could get it handed to us if we aren't focused. We could come to play and still lose.

Some guys appear a bit embarrassed by their performances against FSU.

Hoping for a bounce back, but I'm hoping the team doesn't just expect that to happen, because it doesn't have to.

Key to the game is probably taking an early lead. Crowd will get nervous if we are trailing in the 2nd Q.

Some guys should be a LOT embarrassed by their FSU grades.

I'm expecting BC to load the box and make LJ beat em with his arm. I would.

And I think he will.

Reactions: wilkie01
I agree with you Hop. The game against Boston College is a must win if this season is to be saved. It is a winnable game but the kids have to come out ready to play from the opening snap. They can't let the last game beat them in this one. The mental state of the team is what to watch for IMO. If the kids come out ready to bite a tree in half then we're fine. If they come out flat then the season might be lost.

If our team isn't motivated we'll lose, and quite honestly we could get it handed to us if we aren't focused. We could come to play and still lose.

Hoping for a bounce back, but I'm hoping the team doesn't just expect that to happen, because it doesn't have to.

Key to the game is probably taking an early lead. Crowd will get nervous if we are trailing in the 2nd Q.

I like your synopsis Ipwhg! This game according to stats should be a low scoring affair. If I wanted to redeem myself from an embarrassing 2nd half FSU affair, this would be a good place to start from.

I like your synopsis Ipwhg! This game according to stats should be a low scoring affair. If I wanted to redeem myself from an embarrassing 2nd half FSU affair, this would be a good place to start from.

Early leads are a real good thing (and obviously we want them) but from what I can tell what this team needs to do most is play all 4 quarters with solid effort. If you get ahead, play hard. If you get behind, play hard.

I'm in a minority that sees potential for an offensive breakthrough in the 2nd half of this year as Jackson comes up to speed on his passing game (those were some pretty good throws against FSU so more of that, get that ball out there). I do believe eventually we are going to click with these young position guys (and a few of them are already making big time plays).

As to the D, it's still a pretty good one but one that got totally outclassed last week, certainly in speed and then by all appearances in effort. Total respect for this week's opponent (and the others awaiting) but none of them have Dalvin Cook.

We have gotten smoked by elite backs over the past 3 years (Johnson, Cook/Chubb, and Cook again) - so stopping elite rushing teams - that's our holy grail now so far as I'm concerned. It's a stingy D but not an elite one. Our D will deliver some good games in the absence of that kind of speed. If we execute and play hard.

There were key offensive troubles (the fumble, the INT) that contributed to the total defensive collapse, but the wheels were coming off against FSU right at the time when the offense sputtered (e.g. self-destructed), it was our worst half in several seasons, and pretty much sets our limit horizon. Play hard and we can still finish high in the Atlantic and get to a real nice, season extending bowl.

Reactions: Cue Card and SoulSr
Hope the weather holds out and it stays dry - LJ's accuracy in the rain is suspect.

This game will be a turning point. We have a lot of potential on both sides of the ball. I think it comes together soon. Hopefully this is the week we see it. We have top 10 talent.

BC is pretty stout on Defense but they can't score. As long as Lamar Jackson doesn't go out and throw a bunch of picks I look for Louisville to roll.

Reactions: Cue Card
BC is pretty stout on Defense but they can't score. As long as Lamar Jackson doesn't go out and throw a bunch of picks I look for Louisville to roll.
That's how I see it too. BC has a great defense and that is THE challenge for the UofL offense. Got to take care of the ball. BC has trouble scoring so with that on our side, plus the UofL defense (when it shows up), and the home crowd, I like our chances of winning this game. Anything can happen so I certainly am not penciling it in as a W but it is a must win to keep the season alive.

Reactions: cardstud1
That's how I see it too. BC has a great defense and that is THE challenge for the UofL offense. Got to take care of the ball. BC has trouble scoring so with that on our side, plus the UofL defense (when it shows up), and the home crowd, I like our chances of winning this game. Anything can happen so I certainly am not penciling it in as a W but it is a must win to keep the season alive.

Yes, Go Cards!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT