ADVERTISEMENT

Scouting Notre Dame

Quick question?
What have I said negative about UL?
The only thing I’ve said at all about UL is that you have a really good coach now.
Quick answer. Just because you say 1 thing that you think we have a good coach doesn’t give you the right to spew all things ND. Could care less who and what the Irish are. Just another team in our path to our destiny.

ND, you have only offended one time and you understood the message since then. Some of your fans have now started messaging with a holier than thou attitude. Therefore ruffling some feathers.

This is "our home" and therefore we can state anything we so choose about ND.I believe UofL fans need a kick a$$ attitude this week. This might be a free board, but it is not a free for all for ND fans to spill all/any messages.

You can state whatever you please, obviously, but if others are just defending their team, that’s no big deal at all.
For me, I just Love College Football. ND happens to be my hometown team & Air Force my other. But no matter where I am or how much I am nice to others, people just attack ND.

And it’s hard to even discuss the game because then it sounds arrogant.
For example, if discussing the game, ND has multiple AA’s & guys expected to be early draft picks on their OL & DL. So I feel ND will dominate the line of scrimmage. But just posting that comes off as arrogant to many.

You can state whatever you please, obviously, but if others are just defending their team, that’s no big deal at all.
For me, I just Love College Football. ND happens to be my hometown team & Air Force my other. But no matter where I am or how much I am nice to others, people just attack ND.

For example, if discussing the game, ND has multiple AA’s & guys expected to be early draft picks on their OL & DL. So I feel ND will dominate the line of scrimmage. But just posting that comes off as arrogant to many.
I bet you wouldn’t have any issues if you posted that stuff on your own home board!

For example, if discussing the game, ND has multiple AA’s & guys expected to be early draft picks on their OL & DL. So I feel ND will dominate the line of scrimmage. But just posting that comes off as arrogant to many.[/QUOTE]

No, saying ND will dominate the line of scrimmage is not offensive. Majority of Cards folks would agree it looks like you will dominate the line on O&D. But there is a game to be played.
It's the history stories, the ACC snub of we don't need your conference, the point made about our new coach and how long he will stay before someone like ND comes knocking. BP's dream was to be a coach at ND. He's available BTW.

No, saying ND will dominate the line of scrimmage is not offensive. Majority of Cards folks would agree it looks like you will dominate the line on O&D. But there is a game to be played.
It's the history stories, the ACC snub of we don't need your conference, the point made about our new coach and how long he will stay before someone like ND comes knocking. BP's dream was to be a coach at ND. He's available BTW.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with your comments here. Even though I think it’s a great thing to have a team of the caliber of ND come here to open both of our seasons I’m not totally enameled of ND’s present position in the college football scheme of things. We’ve had football elite come here before as Oklahoma comes to mind. And now as a member of the ACC we have Clemson and FSU (now diminished somewhat) as regular visitors here. There was a time when the ND football name was synonymous with being the best in all of college football. Even though they are still good both Alabama and Clemson have surpassed ND in football reputation. Most of the diminished reputation of ND football is of their own making as they went through several coaching changes that were all horrible mistakes. Obviously Coach Kelly is a good coach but he is not recognized in the same vein as Saban and/or Clemson’s coach. Last season was an outlier for THE UofL and I think our being competitive Monday night will put some of that to rest in OUR eyes and feelings.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Funny things happen when a ball has points on both ends.

And history has nothing to do with how it bounces.

I’m so glad the ND folks feel the need to inform us of their storied history as I’ve been freeze dried for the last 40 years. :rolleyes:

Gee. Who knew they were a historical power???;);););)

Let’s kick this thing off and end the talk.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD

Meaning let's kick their butts and enjoy chatting with them on our board afterwards? :DOr shut up the history stories?;)

Funny things happen when a ball has points on both ends.

And history has nothing to do with how it bounces.

I’m so glad the ND folks feel the need to inform us of their storied history as I’ve been freeze dried for the last 40 years. :rolleyes:

Gee. Who knew they were a historical power???;);););)

I absolutely agree with you. It's time for a little football. Win or lose, I'll stop by on Tuesday to congratulate you on a fine game. I did it in 2016 and I'll do it Tuesday if I'm not banned. I still expect a tighter game than most think. I believe many people will be surprised by how well the Cardinals play.

I know it’s not likely, but I would really like to kick their arrogant butts.

Who is arrogant?

What I’ve seen on here is football talk.
I’ve seen a few UL fans attack ND & a couple ND fans then defend ND.
UL won two games last year & ND webt to the CFP & is a top 10 team. With that being said, no ND fans are on here being arrogant or disrespectful of UL.

You might want to scroll up to your buddy sword9mm as a quick example.

I don’t hate ND at all - in fact I was pulling for them from the 10th or so row on the 50yd line behind the ND bench for the last catholics v. convicts game in South Bend. I do hate that they have been able to park their non revenue sports in the last two conferences UofL has been in without bringing the football program as well.

That said - I’ll stick by my comment that the domers are historically overrated. In fact, since 2000 - they’ve finished worse than their preseason rank in 12 seasons.

I saw this and was highly skeptical, because I doubted we've even been ranked in the preseason 12 times since 2000, thanks to Bob, Ty, and Chuck. I found the graph below that seems to affirm my feelings. We've been ranked in the preseason AP top 25 11 times since 2000, and finished worse than our ranking 8 times. We've also finished ranked when we started off unranked 6 times and finished exactly where we started once.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-20-at-5.37.40-PM.png

Who was more talented when we beat Notre Dame in South Bend a few years back? Notre Dame was no doubt, but we still won. They had a historically bad season under their current head coach. We had a historically bad season last year with similar players as this year but with a huge coaching upgrade.

We have a chance. Games are not won by recruiting rankings in football. Many a giants have been slayed.

Reactions: PHCARD
Who was more talented when we beat Notre Dame in South Bend a few years back? Notre Dame was no doubt, but we still won. They had a historically bad season under their current head coach. We had a historically bad season last year with similar players as this year but with a huge coaching upgrade.

We have a chance. Games are not won by recruiting rankings in football. Many a giants have been slayed.

Nor are they won or lost by predictions made by analysts, or they would have predicted last years debacle.

Reactions: CardinalEra
ND, you have only offended one time and you understood the message since then. Some of your fans have now started messaging with a holier than thou attitude. Therefore ruffling some feathers.

This is "our home" and therefore we can state anything we so choose about ND.I believe UofL fans need a kick a$$ attitude this week. This might be a free board, but it is not a free for all for ND fans to spill all/any messages.
Kind of like google and Facebook where if you do not agree or say something that is meant for discussion and you get your feelings hurt then your banned. Not exactly the spirit of good discussion

Probably the Irish were but that year was a coaching nightmare. That is why a lot of coaches were fired. Kind of like what happened at Louisville you got one of our really bad retreads BVG

Notre Dame was 12-1 Last year.

How did the Cards do?

Well O’Shea every THE UofL fan knows exactly how we did and we don’t need to be reminded by an arrogant ND fan. You guys had a great season.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The is a terrible matchup up for Louisville. History has nothing to do with the game Monday. Notre Dame is better in the trenches where it counts. Majority of time that is where the game is won. At some point hopefully not till the 4th quarter Notre Dame will impose their will.

Really not a good matchup especially game 1 with a new staff.

Here’s my take on the domers. Early hype turns into late disappointment as reality meets expectations.

Wash, rinse & (effing) repeat...

Notre Dame was 12-1 Last year.

How did the Cards do?

We did horrible and you guys had a good season with a schedule that was weaker than it appeared on paper. How did it turn out when you played a quality team? I’ll answer that. The way it does every year and that’s with an embarrassing loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT