ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew?

Read somewhere attendance avg @ Baylor under 10k. This is after a title season and with another potential 1 seed.

You just never know what's important to these guys. He might not care about that. Or, he may have concern about all the $ leaving the B12 with TX and OU hitting the road, and where that could leave his program in 5 years.

I would not be surprised if some rumors with Drew gain more intensity shortly after Baylor season ends.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
I’ve cooled my jets on commenting much about the coaching search. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I would like a guy with head coaching experience. I don’t want Cronin, but I’d sure as heck take Drew in a heartbeat.

But, if Heird goes with Payne I’m still a Card fan and I’m hopeful the powers-to-be will give him the tools and support to be a success. I’ll still cheer big time for my Cards. I struggle with two things about KP, his lack of willingness to prove himself at a mid major as a head coach and his long association with Calipari.

No matter who they hire they have to win if they don’t then it was a bad choice. Nature of the beast. We won’t feel any better if Drew or Payne fails. The only thing it will prove is some were right and some were wrong.

I really think when their is success in a program everything is aligned. Fans, coaches, players, admin and boosters are all aligned success can happen. When any of those parties aren’t on board it is very difficult to be successful.

The scandals threw everything out of alignment. It forced peoples bias or hand.
We have to move on and support the admin, new coach and players.

So yeah Baylor people would be stunned if he left.

They say they are building a stadium that he wants. Sounds a lot like Pearl?

Then again, the fact they are discussing it means they are either very bored or worried.

They make all the valid points any local groups would make. I don’t think they realize what being a coach in Louisville means if that coach is successful. It is an attractive option. Is it right for Drew who knows?

They can say Baylor is just as good as Louisville, but being a successful coach at Baylor is not the same as being as successful coach in Louisville. It is different. They wouldn’t know that however it does matter to some coaches. Maybe not Drew.

They make all the valid points any local groups would make. I don’t think they realize what being a coach in Louisville means if that coach is successful. It is an attractive option. Is it right for Drew who knows?

They can say Baylor is just as good as Louisville, but being a successful coach at Baylor is not the same as being as successful coach in Louisville. It is different. They wouldn’t know that however it does matter to some coaches. Maybe not Drew.
Agree, they are bringing in something from 8k-10k fans during their best of times.

What is UofL bringing in under those circumstances. Etc.

For what it's worth my gut says that Drew won't be our next coach. I would love to he wrong though, and if UofL has a chance to actually get him, they should pull out all the stops.

Reactions: luv2hit63
Laughable. Those three dipsh#$% don’t know anything more than the posters on this board do. Demonstrated by the fact that they’re saying the EXACT same things that talk media types (who cover a specific university) and fans say EVERY time one of their coaches is linked to another university’s HC position.

When your town is a sh@!hole best known for David Koresh and Baylor’s football and basketball programs are best known for Art Briles and a murdered player coverup - you might want to temper the talk that no coach would be looking for an exit.

Last edited:
When your town is a sh#!hole best known for David Koresh and Baylor’s football and basketball programs are best known for Art Briles and a murdered player coverup - you might want to temper the talk that no coach would be looking for an exit.

WOW that was savage! 😆 🤣 Dude call into their show and say that - they'll probably break down and cry and cancel themselves in shame.

It is funny to listen them to say the things that don’t make since they actually defeat themselves in their arguments. They said he would not go to Louisville but he would love something like Texas Tech where they pack the arena. I am pretty sure the Yum is bigger than what Tech has. I am also pretty sure the Yum would be packed if he is a winner.
They also said Drew makes a lot of money he is only making 2.7 million. I really thought he was making more than that. I can also guarantee their new pavilion would not be bigger or grander than the Yum. If you are going based on attendance, fan base, arena size and pay scale like these numb nuts say Drew is very attainable.

Bellarmine damn near had as many fans tonight as what Baylor averages. Btw…congrats Bellarmine! Went to the game and it was alot of fun. I love Davenport’s offensive style of play. Crowd was really into the game.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT