ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield press conference summation

From John Lewis at WDRB:

“Satterfield talking about balancing commitments and how players and coaches are different. Says players are there and don’t have family. Coaches have families to consider. Players have to be “all in” Coaches have a career to consider”

omg

Reactions: Cardiac Red
From John Lewis at WDRB:

“Satterfield talking about balancing commitments and how players and coaches are different. Says players are there and don’t have family. Coaches have families to consider. Players have to be “all in” Coaches have a career to consider”

omg
No, his agent has Satt's career to consider. He needs to be all in or GTFO. I'm for GTFO.

From John Lewis at WDRB:

omg
Time to TP his house again!

Very disappointed in the amateur and unprofessional way he has handled this situation. His agent should have advised him better, or maybe he did?? For Satt to be anything but humble at his presser today simply compounds his problems here.

Time to TP his house again!

Very disappointed in the amateur and unprofessional way he has handled this situation. His agent should have advised him better, or maybe he did?? For Satt to be anything but humble at his presser today simply compounds his problems here.

He really was inarticulate and unprepared

Reactions: RomanOben
The good news is he's now qualified to teach How Not To Handle A Press Conference 101.

Last edited:
Worth mentioning; Bobby Petrino 1.0 secretly met with Auburn during year 1 of his 4 year tenure at Louisville. He then lied about it for 5 days. He went on to complete an amazing 4 year run at Louisville compiling a 41-9 record. Sometimes forgiveness (but not forgetting) can work to your advantage. We “forgot” when Bobby 2.0 came around.

Reactions: PHCARD and Mayoman
If he wants to be back in North Carolina so bad, might I suggest after the game Saturday, he accompany Wake Forest on their plane ride home. He’s just sabotaging our program the longer he stays here. I never thought he was a good fit here....he’s too bumpkin for our city school. He belongs at an App State, East Carolina, Western Carolina type school.

Worth mentioning; Bobby Petrino 1.0 secretly met with Auburn during year 1 of his 4 year tenure at Louisville. He then lied about it for 5 days. He went on to complete an amazing 4 year run at Louisville compiling a 41-9 record. Sometimes forgiveness (but not forgetting) can work to your advantage. We “forgot” when Bobby 2.0 came around.
I think the difference is, if I understood SATT correctly, he's looking for a job in the Carolina's. Petrino, at least, had his sights set on a traditional winning program in the SEC or NFL. I got the impression, if the Wake job opened tomorrow SATT would be on the phone asking for an interview.

Situation was different. Bobby 1.0 had history with the program. His teams scored a lot and were fun to watch. He took the program to another level almost immediately. It’s why he got the job a second time. Scott is an outsider in the midst of a losing season. He screwed up.

He probably would have taken some heat if he said nothing but "no comment" to all the questions, but in retrospect I think that strategy would have been better.

People want honesty, but they don't really. This is a guy who left his alma mater to coach at a P5 school in Louisville. It's ok to not like it, but we really don't want honesty from our coaches. Lie to me baby, tell me I'm the only one! There is nothing good to come from being honest, just do your thing off radar and keep it together until you're on the plane giving the hook'em horns. What I got from this conference is a guy who misses home, probably made worse by everything that 2020 brought us all. We don't have to like what he said, but he was honest - "Any other P5 schools in the Carolinas, holla!" is the message that everyone received apparently. Fans can't bitch about dishonesty, but the best thing for everyone including the program is him to lie and say Bonnie & Clyde's Pizza is the best thing ever and see ya'll at the Derby in 6 months.

As a fanbase, we really need to stop being all precious about our coaches. The odds of finding "another Denny" are nearly zero. IN fact, if the money in the early 70's (even if you adjust for inflation) were like it is today, we may not have had "our Denny" for very long.

I take these things for what they are. He bought a lot of capital with me with his first season. I prefer not to have to hire another coach but if this season's disappointment was brought by his lack of being dialed in then it is what it is. I'm not going to get all precious about it.

Been hearing that his wife more so is not feeling the prospect wives . He did use the word WE in looking at offers.

Been hearing that his wife more so is not feeling the prospect wives . He did use the word WE in looking at offers.

Hey it's an honest statement. But keep that crap off radar. Lie to me baby! Satt needs to do his next press conference at Bonnie & Clyde's Pizza with a Meateater's Special and a pitcher of crap light beer as props and tell us all how he loves horse racing, Erler's Icecream, and the lizard bar on Bardstown Road. Is "Real Housewives of Louisville" still on TV? Maybe his wife can get on that show and really seal the deal with the fanbase until Mack Brown retires.

Reactions: Blouman
From John Lewis at WDRB:

omg
This by far was the most damning part of his presser..

No offense intended but, this sounds like fifth hand information at best. Maybe if there was some corroboration from the deli manager at the Prospect Kroger...
Nothing like gossiping prospect women . But real talk on that though she country bumkin trying to fit in with snobby ultra suburban women.

Ready for him to just go. Press conference today sealed it. Just another reason I respect Denny Crum. What a great idea to have his name on the basketball court. Right now not feeling much respect for our current football coach. But that could change during the off-season.
The respect part will not change just the current coach part.

Nothing like gossiping prospect women . But real talk on that though she country bumkin trying to fit in with snobby ultra suburban women.
Lake Forest isn’t Prospect, though. If we were talking the Mack’s, that’s another story.

I get it though - real snobby ultra suburban women (River Fields, Glenview, etc) consider all Prospect house fraus bumpkins as well, so perhaps Mrs. Satt is in good company.

Reactions: Blouman
I get it though - real snobby ultra suburban women (River Fields, Glenview, etc) consider all Prospect house fraus bumpkins as well, so perhaps Mrs. Satt is in good company.
I cant distinguish they all the same acting to me anywhee in those areas.

I cant distinguish they all the same acting to me anywhee in those areas.
Comes with experience unfortunately. Prospect is one part Karen and one part “Real Housewives”. River Fields is all Leigh Anne Tuohy’s brunch friends.

No offense intended but, this sounds like fifth hand information at best. Maybe if there was some corroboration from the deli manager at the Prospect Kroger...

LOL, do you know the deli mgr at Kroger Prospect?

These coaches are in a no-win situation not of their making. The schools could put in rules that you can't talk to working coaches until after the Playoff. But the richest Universities would never go for it.

So these coaches all have to walk a tightrope. Some do it better than others.

You could say it's on Satterfield for not being L1C4 and sacrificing potential opportunities for the good of our program. But IMO that's not realistic. The truth is, if he loses next year it'll be us dumping him.

He handled everything about as poorly as you can. You have to be a certain kind of inept as a head football coach to end up in Bilas tweets during basketball season.

Bottom line is, he now has to keep the recruiting class together and start winning next year, or he's a dead man walking. But that was largely true even before all of "this".

People want honesty, but they don't really...
I'm not defending how Satterfield handled this, but you're 100% correct...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Morgantown Card
You know the Dejarnettes
I graduated in 1979 with one, but I can’t remember her first name. Very pretty young lady. She was originally from Louisville. I don’t get out and about like I used to. Meade County’s population has grown massively since my running around days.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I graduated in 1979 with one, but I can’t remember her first name. Very pretty young lady. She was originally from Louisville. I don’t get out and about like I used to. Meade County’s population has grown massively since my running around days.
Meade county had an awesome marching band in the late 70s. Big battles between them, GRC, Lafayette, and North Hardin.

Meade county had an awesome marching band in the late 70s. Big battles between them, GRC, Lafayette, and North Hardin.
I was part of that. I was in the Meade County drum line from 1975-79. And the UK drum line in 1979. I remember the battles at the Contest of Champions. Good times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT