ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield on deck...

This guy has Koach K written all over him.

Like hell he does! This post shows a knee jerk reaction and a willful ignorance of the facts.

Many have derided the talent on this UofL roster. Do you think our talent is at least on par with App St? Because Satterfield and staff went up to Happy Valley and stood toe to toe with Penn State. That's in addition to winning the Sun Belt 3 years in a row (after tomorrow) immediately following a transition into FBS. UofL can be competitive immediately under Satterfield.

Explain to me how Steve ****ing Kragthorpe had anything even remotely approaching that resume before coming to Louisville.

This thread reads like the CF you could have predicted...

Well, if the focus is on Satterfiled Tyra better get him. That would be a bad look to say the least.

People need to understand it is hard to win conference titles no matter what conference you are from. The bottom line is you are competing against like teams with similar resources, recruiting, and overall talent. To be the best annually you are a good and possibly a great coach. When you compete at that level it clear says two things 1) the players believe in him 2) he can coach.

Then defensive plan and execution are solid. You don't have a top ten defense in today's game without a solid concept and techniques.

His offense is a good fit for Louisville's current roster. He has 3 former offensive lineman in the NFL. He develops players you know that based off his team record.

The only question that can't be answered yet is can he recruit at this level. Louisville should be able to attract a good recruiter to this staff.

Well, if the focus is on Satterfiled Tyra better get him. That would be a bad look to say the least.

People need to understand it is hard to win conference titles no matter what conference you are from. The bottom line is you are competing against like teams with similar resources, recruiting, and overall talent. To be the best annually you are a good and possibly a great coach. When you compete at that level it clear says two things 1) the players believe in him 2) he can coach.

Then defensive plan and execution are solid. You don't have a top ten defense in today's game without a solid concept and techniques.

His offense is a good fit for Louisville's current roster. He has 3 former offensive lineman in the NFL. He develops players you know that based off his team record.

The only question that can't be answered yet is can he recruit at this level. Louisville should be able to attract a good recruiter to this staff.
Recruiting at this level is no different from recruiting any other level. But now he has a P5 school to recruit to and a budget to match. He has an eye for talent and that translates. The only difference in recruiting from school to school is maybe the military academies or the Ivies, which require a special approach. Otherwise the recruiting approach used at ASU can work anywhere. Especially if you have staff that have developed good connections in fertile recruiting areas.

There is but maybe they don’t want to inherit this train wreck. What makes you think this guy is any worse hire then anyone else willing to step up to the challenge?

And what happens when you pay a coach 3 million and he wins ?
He wants a raise or another school will offer him 5 mill.

Brohm not only brought excitement but would killed it in recruiting. The rare 4 and 5 stars here are going to UofL under Brohm.
Now they’ll be going to Purdue under Brohm. Boiler Up!

I truly believe he's gonna be a Satterthorpe, but I'm renewing my season tickets again!

If he is a good coach, he's gonna need support and a lot of it for this rebuild. It's gonna take time. Just like HW Bush told Bill Clinton, his success is all of our success now.

He's not the coach I want and I have reservations, but I'll support the guy. Tyra hired Mack and that's working, so he get the benefit of the doubt for Satterthorpe.

Reactions: brookstreet
I truly believe he's gonna be a Satterthorpe, but I'm renewing my season tickets again!

If he is a good coach, he's gonna need support and a lot of it for this rebuild. It's gonna take time. Just like HW Bush told Bill Clinton, his success is all of our success now.

He's not the coach I want and I have reservations, but I'll support the guy. Tyra hired Mack and that's working, so he get the benefit of the doubt for Satterthorpe.
You’re assuming his failure based on nothing. Please give the guy a chance if he’s the one and don’t start by twisting his name into an insult. That’s Zippish.

You’re assuming his failure based on nothing. Please give the guy a chance if he’s the one and don’t start by twisting his name into an insult. That’s Zippish.
But you wouldn't be so quick to judge my assumption if I was assuming success. It works both ways.

I'm gonna support him. I don't have a good feeling, but its always go Cards.

Satterthorpe

LMAO !
LoL !
ROTFLMAO !

Reactions: brookstreet

Satterthorpe LMAO!!! I'm afraid this will be what we all will be calling him when he and uk tyrathorpe are ran out of town in 3 years

If it is Satterfield, I hope this board is not representative of the broader fanbase and the support he will receive. I'm all for hiring the next Nick Saban, but not sure that exists. Seems like a winner and for every Kragpoop thats out there, you can say there is an Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly, Dino Babers out there, as well.

If it is Satterfield, I hope this board is not representative of the broader fanbase and the support he will receive. I'm all for hiring the next Nick Saban, but not sure that exists. Seems like a winner and for every Kragpoop thats out there, you can say there is an Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly, Dino Babers out there, as well.
I’m gone not renewing my season tickets

I’m gone not renewing my season tickets

giphy.gif

That is your choice, to miss out on being a real UofL football fan. If you can't get on board with this guy and give him a chance, then you suck as a fan IMHO. He has had major success everywhere he has gone and there is no one out there that has better track record.

L box can you afford it
I assume those loge box seats? I could afford them, just not willing to spend that much for tickets to anything. I have too many other expensive habits but those are great seats. I have been in my same seats since the stadium opened, no real good reason to change.

I wonder if "Vince" is still looking for that extra million?...

I really have been most impressed by the Appy State fans. They seem happy for their coach and recognize this hire as a great opportunity him. They seem grateful for what he has done for their program and they have been here talking crap. Everything about coach and fans seems classy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT