ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield Interviews

Check the turnover margin difference and our offense has gotten worse and too predictable lmao... 3-7 as if it’s the DCs fault... can you give me some statistics to prove anything you say
3-7 is a stat. The most important stat. Prove me wrong.

At least we’ll have some continuity. Bringing another system in pushes back the rebuild 4-5 years.

We’ve done fine when Charlie and Bobby were in the middle of this, but they were winning games.

This is where I am right now. I don't see any good options for us the way this appears to be unfolding.

To me, if Satterfield stays, it's the lesser of several evils. I don't want to have 3 coaches in 4 years.

I get what people are saying about the negative recruiting and fans turning on Satterfield if he stays, but it's at least possible that stuff could blow over if he wins. We get a new coach, we'll definitely have more roster churn, and we were already very thin at many positions.

@johnmwhittle
of The Big Spur website says tonight: "offer to the next head coach could come on Sunday. Early next week, however, is the goal for an offer to be made." 4 coaches still in the mix for
@UofSC
: Billy Napier, Shane Beamer, Scott Satterfield & Brian Johnson.

And let’s go back down to Conference USA. Get rid of the Governor’s Cup and play WKU as our Rivals.

That’s what’s Brown hire tells me
Make since, you are pretty clueless. Talk numbers or I don’t want to talk.

I think it is a slippery slope for him. He pretty much said geography is important to him. I think we all understand and appreciate why he is exploring being closer to his parents. It still doesn’t play well. At least he kept Vince in the loop.

Any lateral move that gets him closer to home is going to be explored.

Start looking Tyra, CSS has lost my respect by meeting after say he wasn’t. And a big “NO” to Dino.

at some point, a football coach will fall in love with the University and the city ( as Coach Crum did, or Jeff Walz or McDonnel did)
This has slowly became a different city that they found and loved. It has become hard to stay in love with, much less fall in love with the City of Louisville and the complete lack of leadership or vision.

1. Tyra is a damn idiot, and doesn't need to be our AD. I never liked him from the get go. Point in case, Tyra announces he was going to look at restructuring some of the Coordinators contracts in a TV interview before the Music City Bowl last year. What did Tyra do? Put his head in the sand. Why even open your mouth Mr showboat?
2. Tyra made some promises to Satterfield and the staff when they were hired that he is still yet to fulfill.
3. Tyra moves in next door to Satterfield and hounds him everywhere he goes (seemingly)
4. Satterfield is from the conservative bible belt of the south. Louisville has imploded as a city and has morphed into a liberal crap hole of a city. I'd much rather be in Columbia than Louisville for the general enjoyment of life. Riots/protests going on in front of your stadium, and blocks from campus. Who the hell wants to stay around for that?
5. At USCjr, Football is #1, at UofL...#2
6. He will get paid more, his staff will get paid more.
#4 is the most important one. Who wants to be in Louisville? University is okay, but the city is a huge negative.

#4 is the most important one. Who wants to be in Louisville? University is okay, but the city is a huge negative.

I love Louisville. I’ve lived all over the country (and out of this country) and had and continue to have plenty of options elsewhere but I purposely chose to live here. This city has issues but those warts are being revealed and will be addressed and rectified.

I love Louisville. I’ve lived all over the country (and out of this country) and had and continue to have plenty of options elsewhere but I purposely chose to live here. This city has issues but those warts are being revealed and will be addressed and rectified.
This isn’t a big time college football program. We aren’t in the Deep South. We aren’t a traditional Big 10 power like Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. We aren’t in a recruiting hot zone like California, Texas, or Florida.

Women’s Basketball and College Baseball are different, if you’re a great coach you can win anywhere. Football is much harder to win big. Coaches want to win titles, and they don’t see this as a place to win titles.

The city of Louisville has to start putting out better football prospects before we dream of upping the recruiting.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
This has slowly became a different city that they found and loved. It has become hard to stay in love with, much less fall in love with the City of Louisville and the complete lack of leadership or vision.
Lol - project much?

Don’t let the door hit you or Rollem on the way out. Plenty of space for you two at the Villages.

This isn’t a big time college football program. We aren’t in the Deep South. We aren’t a traditional Big 10 power like Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. We aren’t in a recruiting hot zone like California, Texas, or Florida.

Women’s Basketball and College Baseball are different, if you’re a great coach you can win anywhere. Football is much harder to win big. Coaches want to win titles, and they don’t see this as a place to win titles.

The city of Louisville has to start putting out better football prospects before we dream of upping the recruiting.

Maybe so but none of that has anything to do with my post. The poster basically said Louisville was $hitty place to reside and take great exception to that idea.

The only thing the City of Louisville is guilty of is not producing enough Div 1 players. That is all that matters in college football. When the city produces those players Louisville has to land those players. They haven’t recently and that is the problem.

All this other stuff matters but not in college football. Every mid size or big city has issues with politics.

The only thing the City of Louisville is guilty of is not producing enough Div 1 players. That is all that matters in college football. When the city produces those players Louisville has to land those players. They haven’t recently and that is the problem.

All this other stuff matters but not in college football. Every mid size or big city has issues with politics.
Living in a fantasy world (city) if you think a city the size of Louisville is going to be able to produce enough players every year to compete for a NC let alone an ACC championship. The bigger the city, the more diverse a fan base usually is.

Never said Louisville is big enough to support Louisville. They are going to produce a very limited number we all know that. The problem, like I said, is when those kind of players do come through Louisville has to get a majority of them Louisville hasn’t done that lately. The last few years the city has produced enough quality players to help the program.

What is the general consensus here about Brohm and if Lvle dodged a very expensive bullet? I know he is beloved among the alumni but man what a dumpster fire purdue is right now. He had eight kids quit last week and expect more this week. They have one quality win and dodged a bullet in not having to play Wisky.

Reactions: RomanOben
Living in a fantasy world (city) if you think a city the size of Louisville is going to be able to produce enough players every year to compete for a NC let alone an ACC championship. The bigger the city, the more diverse a fan base usually is.
I just looked and counted that the Nashville area alone has 25 prospects who are 3 stars or better and almost all going to power 5 programs. Imagine if we have half that amount of talent in our backyard every year, a much better start.

Of course we can’t do that, but heck even Lexington at times is out producing us in Football talent. It has to get better.

What is the general consensus here about Brohm and if Lvle dodged a very expensive bullet? I know he is beloved among the alumni but man what a dumpster fire purdue is right now. He had eight kids quit last week and expect more this week. They have one quality win and dodged a bullet in not having to play Wisky.
I only know what has been said on the various Boiler sites, some of which is going to sound very familiar to UL fans.

1) Fails to recruit defense.

2) Too many offensive players in classes, particularly wide receivers.

3) Can't hire - retain quality assistants especially on the D side.

4) 2 consecutive squads have quit playing for reasons unknown.

5) Predictable play calling, reliance on jet sweep and similar rushing plays often resulting in negative yards No power running game.

There's more but that gives you an idea.

. Satterfield is from the conservative bible belt of the south. Louisville has imploded as a city and has morphed into a liberal crap hole of a city. I'd much rather be in Columbia than Louisville for the general enjoyment of life. Riots/protests going on in front of your stadium, and blocks from campus. Who the hell wants to stay around for that?
I don't know, he gathered up the team and took them downtown to join in on the protests..

I only know what has been said on the various Boiler sites, some of which is going to sound very familiar to UL fans.

1) Fails to recruit defense.

2) Too many offensive players in classes, particularly wide receivers.

3) Can't hire - retain quality assistants especially on the D side.

4) 2 consecutive squads have quit playing for reasons unknown.

5) Predictable play calling, reliance on jet sweep and similar rushing plays often resulting in negative yards No power running game.

There's more but that gives you an idea.

Thx, I was interested in how you guys felt or if you still wanted him to come coach?

I just looked and counted that the Nashville area alone has 25 prospects who are 3 stars or better and almost all going to power 5 programs. Imagine if we have half that amount of talent in our backyard every year, a much better start.

Of course we can’t do that, but heck even Lexington at times is out producing us in Football talent. It has to get better.
Using that logic, why aren’t all of these prospects at Vandy? Some kids just want to get away from home. Some want to go Tennessee.

Shut up with that s***.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BPGhost and 73Card
Using that logic, why aren’t all of these prospects at Vandy? Some kids just want to get away from home. Some want to go Tennessee.
Vanderbilt's academic requirements make that comparison a little different. Also, Vanderbilt's money/facilities are poop. They also compete in state with Tennessee & not to mention Memphis State.

You are not gonna get everyone in the city If we had 25 top recruits in our backyard who were P5 level, if we could at least get 10 of those a year, that's already a great start every year & you aren't going all over the country looking for players to fill up the class. Makes it so much easier.

I was reading a thread about UK's (my alma mater) in-state recruiting and it mentioned that Louisville High School football was wayyyyyy down. That is not good for UK or UL. When the state's biggest city is not a producing a single player that UK is recruiting that is unimaginable.

I have lived in NC since 1984, but I went to Ballard in the late 70s, and the City of Louisville always had some really good players every year.

It also seems basketball talent in the city has been very down for years. I don't keep up like I once did, but is that also correct?

As far as Satterfield, I thought he was a tremendous hire for UL. The way he has handled this past week is horrible. I don't blame UL fans for wanting him gone.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I'll say this again - stop being so precious about our coaches. The best thing for the program is for this to blow over and the Cards start winning next year. Winning next year becomes more difficult if he leaves, IMO.

If any of you have told you boss you were interviewing - while gainfully employed - raise your hand. I didn't tell my bosses until I was giving my resignation. The best thing if he starts winning impressively is to keep his job hunting to himself and LIE LIE LIE to keep the players here we have here and the ones coming on the way.

Reactions: PHCARD
“If any of you have told you boss you were interviewing - while gainfully employed - raise your hand.”

Raise your hand if you are one of the highest paid people in the state. And raise your hand if you have a guaranteed contract and a guaranteed buyout. Most of us are “at will”. We can leave anytime and can be fired at any time without financial recourse.

Reactions: BPGhost
“If any of you have told you boss you were interviewing - while gainfully employed - raise your hand.”

Raise your hand if you are one of the highest paid people in the state. And raise your hand if you have a guaranteed contract and a guaranteed buyout. Most of us are “at will”. We can leave anytime and can be fired at any time without financial recourse.
My daughter went on 2 interviews last week without telling her employer . Got offered a position yesterday put in her two week notice this morning. Why i ain't crucifying him she needed more money and didn't along with her fellow employees..

I'll say this again - stop being so precious about our coaches. The best thing for the program is for this to blow over and the Cards start winning next year. Winning next year becomes more difficult if he leaves, IMO.

If any of you have told you boss you were interviewing - while gainfully employed - raise your hand. I didn't tell my bosses until I was giving my resignation. The best thing if he starts winning impressively is to keep his job hunting to himself and LIE LIE LIE to keep the players here we have here and the ones coming on the way.
The problem with your scenario is that college coaches is a fraternity and everyone eventually knows what is going on. It’s not in the true sense of working for a competitive company.

Plus like you said how many of us could rightly keep our job if we openly had a conversation with the competing firm to see if they have an opening?

Why do kids get ridiculed for exploring their options while coaches can do whatever. If kids did that do you think their playing time or even their opportunities gets affected.
But yet they’re supposed to go all in and put everything out there. Why don’t we hold coaches to the same?

The problem with your scenario is that college coaches is a fraternity and everyone eventually knows what is going on. It’s not in the true sense of working for a competitive company.

Plus like you said how many of us could rightly keep our job if we openly had a conversation with the competing firm to see if they have an opening?

Why do kids get ridiculed for exploring their options while coaches can do whatever. If kids did that do you think their playing time or even their opportunities gets affected.
But yet they’re supposed to go all in and put everything out there. Why don’t we hold coaches to the same?
We as fans can jump up and down all day raise hell about a coach wont matter how bad a job or what he has done like Satt or Bobby. Because if they show any proven record of being a decent coach a AD will hire them regardless. Pitino , Pearl list goes on and on . No different for players their are plenty of knuckle head 's on teams that get dismissed for some serious stuff. And coaches flood their phones to get them on their teams. I just think some fans put too much faith into their coaches and this is what you get your emotions take over . People coaches have no loyalty to no team they just like any other human how and where can they make the most money. And anybody that says otherwise is lying to themselves.

Holding them accountable ain't going to stop them fom doing the same crap Satt pulled. Brohm wanted 5-6 mill to come whateva .

My daughter went on 2 interviews last week without telling her employer . Got offered a position yesterday put in her two week notice this morning. Why i ain't crucifying him she needed more money and didn't along with her fellow employees..

Again, she’s likely an “at-will” employee. She could’ve been fired at a moments notice and gotten no severance. Satt is in a long term contract that he signed less than two years ago. Also his job depends on 18 year olds believing in him and yet he does this two weeks prior to signing day.

Again, she’s likely an “at-will” employee. She could’ve been fired at a moments notice and gotten no severance. Satt is in a long term contract that he signed less than two years ago. Also his job depends on 18 year olds believing in him and yet he does this two weeks prior to signing day.
Actually she is a contract nurse employee and will be required to pay back her signing on bonus . Going from 30 plus and hr to 80hr.

Last edited:
Actually she is a contract nurse employee and will be required to pay back her signing on bonus . Going from 30 plus and hr to 80hr.
Good for your daughter. Just hope she doesn’t ever need to go back to that previous employer or that she can do this every time she wants more money.

1. Tyra is a damn idiot, and doesn't need to be our AD. I never liked him from the get go. Point in case, Tyra announces he was going to look at restructuring some of the Coordinators contracts in a TV interview before the Music City Bowl last year. What did Tyra do? Put his head in the sand. Why even open your mouth Mr showboat?
2. Tyra made some promises to Satterfield and the staff when they were hired that he is still yet to fulfill.
3. Tyra moves in next door to Satterfield and hounds him everywhere he goes (seemingly)
4. Satterfield is from the conservative bible belt of the south. Louisville has imploded as a city and has morphed into a liberal crap hole of a city. I'd much rather be in Columbia than Louisville for the general enjoyment of life. Riots/protests going on in front of your stadium, and blocks from campus. Who the hell wants to stay around for that?
5. At USCjr, Football is #1, at UofL...#2
6. He will get paid more, his staff will get paid more.
So it begins. (Although I'm not on board with the City of Louisville stuff...)
Start looking Tyra...
How well did that work out for ya the last time?

It's starting to become obvious that someone needs to hit the bricks. Make sure you start with the right guy...

Last edited:
Good for your daughter. Just hope she doesn’t ever need to go back to that previous employer or that she can do this every time she wants more money.
Field is to in demand. My Spouse who is medical admin DIR of Nursing has changed jobs more than i can count due to professional headhunters constantly offering her positions and they all pay more . Not that she goes looking they come to her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT