ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Satterday Red Carpet update: 1/21/19

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Louisville's Junior Day is this weekend and they are expecting a handful of highly ranked prospects.

Starting at QB I have been told by a source close to him that 2021 4-star QB Carlos Del Rio, a Florida commit, should be in attendance. Caleb Hood was expected this weekend but he committed to North Carolina Sunday (1/19) so I highly doubt he shows.

Dekel Crowdus from Frederick Douglass in Lexington told me he would be visiting this weekend. He likes the way Tutu Atwell is deployed offensively and he wants to start building a relationship with the staff. The staff sees him as a Tutu type weapon and they will be recruiting him as a priority.

Bowling Green 4-star TE Jordan Dingle will be on campus Saturday. Louisville has done well getting him on campus multiple times and he feels like a priority. I would be surprised if the Cards aren't in his top five schools right now.

Travion Ford, a four star Rivals250 Edge will make a return visit to Louisville for Satterday. Louisville has to be one of his top schools at the moment. He's one to watch closely this cycle.

I expect 2021 Auburndale, Florida safety prospect Aubrey Burks to be in attendance. Louisville is in a good spot for him. He isn't ranked yet but when he is I expect him to start off as a 5.6 three star.

Brandon Buckhaulter is a three-star Ole Miss receiver commit who said he is still figuring out if he is going to make the trip from Mississippi to Louisville this weekend. He committed to Mississippi when Lukes was the coach on 2/16/19. I'm not sure if he has been offered by Lane Kiffins' staff yet. He's a Mississippi kid and it's always hard to get top talent out of there if they have offers from the in-state programs. I'll update this thread when he tells me if his coming or not.

2022 Male DT Selah Brown said he will be there Saturday and he seems to be on campus more than any in state recruit I can remember. I consider Brown a Louisville lean but he's got two years left before he signs.

Jantzen Dunn, an ultra athletic corner from South Warren HS in Bowling Green, Kentucky will not be in attendance Saturday. As of right now I'm going to write him off for Louisville. He is originally from Georgia and doesn't really have many ties to the state. He's also working with a group of handlers from Texas in an effort to gain national prominence. It appears those efforts are working as he's received offers from Miami and Oklahoma this month in addition to the regional Tennessee Volunteers. He actually visited Tennessee very shortly after receiving that offer. I don't think he winds up staying in state.

Miles Campbell will not be in attendance. He told me he will be visiting Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets are going to be a program Louisville will be in constant recruiting conflict with for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: tivnanchris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News