ADVERTISEMENT

Same story different year

I thought we would hang within single digits but we had too many turnovers and UK had the second coming of Rex Chapman. Kinda like UT, just too much size inside for us to handle.

Louisville bigs play really small and provide nothing offensively. It is what it is not surprised.

Louisville lone 5 star can't play at this level.

Last edited:
SuCkS has more talent and they showed it today.
Not just more talent but WAY more talent. They were able to get inside at will and was able to keep UofL from doing anything from anywhere. I still like this UofL team just because they play so hard all the time. Nothing is more enjoyable for me as a fan than to see max effort regardless of the outcome. I'm proud of our guys and this bridge year will be one that changes the culture of UofL basketball. We're in good hands.

ACC will be brutal but at least we have been tested. I think we will make some noise and go the dance as a 6 or 7 seed.

Going to be a long year! Hope Mack is thick skinned.

Why should he be ?

The effort and desire the last two games was pathetic and lacking.

I know he cant wait to get his players in here, because the players now just dont hav what it takes. Thats bad but the truth.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
UofL program is at or near it's bottom, Mack is doing a good job of bringing the program back. The talent level is rising with Mack's first class, and he's had a couple good wins this year.

Cards will be competitive in this game in the future, just no horses right now to stay with them.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
There seems to be a narrative that the kids don't play hard and I don't buy that for a second. Mack even said their effort was good they just played poorly. There is a reason Kentucky is better, they are talented and played equally as hard.

Look at this roster it doesn't have any high level talent.
Nwora is a offensive player NBA level and a terrible defensive player. Clearly their best player.
Williams and Enoch are average bigs in 2 years could be a problem if they stay.
Sutton was a walk on and has been a pleasant surprise. Nobody wanted him out of high school.
Perry is still learning but has a long way to go. Not a point guard.
McMahon the book is out of him, nobody is going to let him loose, can't take people to the rim currently too weak. Defense liability-playing time will disappear in the ACC.
Cunningham is a really good college player very impressed.
Fore ok but can't shoot.
King the game moves way to fast for him. I am not even sure if he would be a star at Bellermine.

What they have done to date with this roster is pretty good, but they are going to be outmatched in most of the ACC games. They make the tournament that is a heck of a year in my opinion.

There seems to be a narrative that the kids don't play hard and I don't buy that for a second. Mack even said their effort was good they just played poorly. There is a reason Kentucky is better, they are talented and played equally as hard.

Nwora is a offensive player NBA level and a terrible defensive player. Clearly their best player.
Sutton was a walk on and has been a pleasant surprise. Nobody wanted him out of high school.
McMahon the book is out of him, nobody is going to let him loose, can't take people to the rim currently too weak. Defense liability-playing time will disappear in the ACC.
Fore ok but can't shoot.
King the game moves way to fast for him. I am not even sure if he would be a star at Bellermine.

What they have done to date with this roster is pretty good, but they are going to be outmatched in most of the ACC games. They make the tournament that is a heck of a year in my opinion.

Coach Mack said they needed to play harder after the Gardner Webb lackidasical game. Yeah they had their mind on Christmas break. They were still on Christmas break yesterday.

Were all aware of the roster limitations. Thats still no excuse to play so poorly.

Since they cant embeace the arch rivalry, they need to play the game as if it was a NCAAT game.

Mayve then they can compete against SuCkS for 40 minutes.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
This is the biggest concern I have going forward. CC is the best scoring option at guard. Somebody has to play point if we're gonna run the hi pick-n-roll all night.

SuCkS has more talent and they showed it today.
I think you're being to hard on your guys. I thought they did well. Mack inherited some of these guys (who are VERY talented) and will be mixing them with his recruits next season. I would like to see them really come together, and I think they will FOR SURE (except for one game next year I hope ;)), but overall you have a coach you can be proud of, and the beginnings of something great. I'm not a U of L hater. I enjoy our friendly ribbing that rivals do, but overall I want all of our kids to be successful, and I think Mack is a great vehicle for that!

Coach Mack said they needed to play harder after the Gardner Webb lackidasical game. Yeah they had their mind on Christmas break. They were still on Christmas break yesterday.

Were all aware of the roster limitations. Thats still no excuse to play so poorly.

Since they cant embeace the arch rivalry, they need to play the game as if it was a NCAAT game.

You can play hard and still play poorly. That happened yesterday. There was no lack of effort by either team. UofK won most of the 50/50 balls, and they owned the glass. That;s why they won, and that's just the way it is. We're still in good hands. We need more talented players who will play tougher, and they're coming. This is a bridge year in my mind. The future is bright.

I thought we would hang within single digits but we had too many turnovers and UK had the second coming of Rex Chapman. Kinda like UT, just too much size inside for us to handle.

Turnovers you’re right about that and many were unforced that’s what pissed me off. And those turnovers led to points. That was a back breaker

Fore ok but can't shoot.

Once CCM gets the players he wants and not a bandaid crew will be fine. Two years from now it will be a totally different team, much tougher physically and mentally.

You can play hard and still play poorly. That happened yesterday. There was no lack of effort by either team. UofK won most of the 50/50 balls, and they owned the glass. That;s why they won, and that's just the way it is. We're still in good hands. We need more talented players who will play tougher, and they're coming. This is a bridge year in my mind. The future is bright.
I don't think UK outshined your guys like some here may think. You all haven't had an ass whipping like we did against Duke. Since that game, UK has struggled to redeem themselves, and are starting to come around again.

U of L has a different set of circumstances they're trying to overcome, which is expected during a rebuild. Different variables. I'm actually very excited for U of L's future. I don't see it at it was UK vs. U of L yesterday. I saw it as 2 teams vs. themselves, trying to get where they each want to be. The outcome was never certain for either going into the game. I was happy with how UK played, and U of L is already ahead of the curve for what they're dealing with. Win/win.

UofL program is at or near it's bottom, Mack is doing a good job of bringing the program back. The talent level is rising with Mack's first class, and he's had a couple good wins this year.

Cards will be competitive in this game in the future, just no horses right now to stay with them.
Folks, I believe UL has some very good players. There is 4 star talent and at least one 5 star player. I think they will make some noise in the ACC. Duke UNC, VA and FSU will be tremendously tough matchups. The rest of the league may be good or decent but the teams are beatable. Today, I feel confident that UL makes the NCAA. Next year , a very good recruiting class comes in. I think the program is on a track for great thing in the near future. Mack was a great hire.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I think you're being to hard on your guys. I thought they did well. Mack inherited some of these guys (who are VERY talented) and will be mixing them with his recruits next season. I would like to see them really come together, and I think they will FOR SURE (except for one game next year I hope ;)), but overall you have a coach you can be proud of, and the beginnings of something great. I'm not a U of L hater. I enjoy our friendly ribbing that rivals do, but overall I want all of our kids to be successful, and I think Mack is a great vehicle for that!

GAG. That's hard to swallow.

That is a very astute post. Ya'll are way ahead of where non-UL fans expected you to be. Mack is doing a great job. I know you won't appreciate this but UK is becoming the team most people expected. You guys played us tough. With a little more talent and more time with Mack, UL will be a tough out. You're on the uptick already.

I don't think UK outshined your guys like some here may think. You all haven't had an ass whipping like we did against Duke. Since that game, UK has struggled to redeem themselves, and are starting to come around again.

U of L has a different set of circumstances they're trying to overcome, which is expected during a rebuild. Different variables. I'm actually very excited for U of L's future. I don't see it at it was UK vs. U of L yesterday. I saw it as 2 teams vs. themselves, trying to get where they each want to be. The outcome was never certain for either going into the game. I was happy with how UK played, and U of L is already ahead of the curve for what they're dealing with. Win/win.

We all know Coach Mack has accelerated UofL's ascendancy to regain top 10 status.
Im calling Final Four next year.

Its losing 10 out of the last 12 to you guys that is galling. Uofk outplays, outhustles, outsmarts UofL each time.

Frankly, they just want it more. Thats pathetic on the Cards part to give them damn near a guaranteed victory each year.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
We all know Coach Mack has accelerated UofL's ascendancy to regain top 10 status.
Im calling Final Four next year.

Its losing 10 out of the last 12 to you guys that is galling. Uofk outplays, outhustles, outsmarts UofL each time.

Frankly, they just want it more. Thats pathetic on the Cards part to give them damn near a guaranteed victory each year.

Agree with this more than the overall talent.

Yes, UK has more talent but that is not the primary reason for the loss yesterday. They outplayed us and outworked us. Cal prepares his guys for this game and had a nice game plan. Hurts me to say that.

The Cards did not play well or smart yesterday.

Mack is well on his way though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT