ADVERTISEMENT

?'s about ticketless entry w/ phone

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
so i am that old guy on the porch yelling get off my lawn and i don't like that real tickets are not an option, especially when growing up having the ticket to a game was a souveneir, now my son won't ever feel that ticket and remember the day, but i digress...

simply, i bought tickets to Syracuse, son's first game, and I clicked in TB where is says G pay|Save to Phone, and I did, so question is will the Ticketmaster app be available if there is no cell service as i don't see the tickets on my phone, just in the app and says saved to phone. so will this easily open and all i need to get in? i don;t want to be that guy in line not having his tickets appear. do i just open TB app at home and leave open until i arrive?

thanks for the help!!! Go Cards!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelers2012
so i am that old guy on the porch yelling get off my lawn and i don't like that real tickets are not an option, especially when growing up having the ticket to a game was a souveneir, now my son won't ever feel that ticket and remember the day, but i digress...

simply, i bought tickets to Syracuse, son's first game, and I clicked in TB where is says G pay|Save to Phone, and I did, so question is will the Ticketmaster app be available if there is no cell service as i don't see the tickets on my phone, just in the app and says saved to phone. so will this easily open and all i need to get in? i don;t want to be that guy in line not having his tickets appear. do i just open TB app at home and leave open until i arrive?

The recommended way for an easy scanner read...is put your tickets in your apple wallet. The apple wallet isn't a wifi thing at all. TM tickets are not always easy for scanner to read.
Another note for saving that ticket as a souvenir is to take a picture of it on your iphone using your iphone camera and then you have it for life.

When technology is beyond me, I find a younger person. Two clicks and they are done.

The best option is to save them to your Apple wallet (I think there is a similar gadget for Android phones) well before the game. That does not require cell service to show them to the ticket scanners.

I recommend doing that the day before or from home day of game. Once you get to the game and especially just outside the stadium close to game time, the cell service bandwidth is consumed by people trying to download tickets at the last minute or post their selfies of them going to the game.

I hear ya on the souvenir point. I've always just tossed my used tickets in a drawer. I have no idea how many I have, but it's a bunch. I will miss that opportunity to look back at my old tickets down the road and reminisce about that particular game. :(

No hard tix is a nightmare and hurting attendance. When will they wake up ?
I would be very surprised if many fans decide against attending games because of electronic tickets. Also you can get paper tickets if want. It is not the default choice but I have seen several posts by people who got paper tickets.

Reactions: CardsFirst
hard to save to apple if you don't use apple. they are less than 30% of the world market but reap 80% of profits so won't buy into their industrial machine, but i own their stocks, lol. but no option for hard tix that i saw on TM.

but on android, it wants to make me input a credit card for google pay which will never happen. so fingers crossed, i can see all my ticket bar codes but there is a ever changing color edge and code seems to adjust so hoping it works. will be sitting in section N for the first time

Reactions: kypecos
hard to save to apple if you don't use apple. they are less than 30% of the world market but reap 80% of profits so won't buy into their industrial machine, but i own their stocks, lol. but no option for hard tix that i saw on TM.

but on android, it wants to make me input a credit card for google pay which will never happen. so fingers crossed, i can see all my ticket bar codes but there is a ever changing color edge and code seems to adjust so hoping it works. will be sitting in section N for the first time
Screw the people who yell "get with the times" and "we don't care about tradition or your preference." Your question is very apt in describing the confusion. And the mandatory etickets DOES negatively affect attendance; I know this first hand as does the UofL ticket office. It's no great secret. Fans are not coming to tailgates to grab tickets and go into the game. The process is too time consuming and difficult (and very objectionable to many). Nor are they paying the inflated fees on the secondary market beforehand. More tickets than usual are therefore just going unused.

Your concerns are the same as many others, especially tech savvy people. First, all Apple users assume that everyone is an Apple user; they are incorrect and a tad smug about it, which makes much of their advice irrelevant. Second, the "wallet" option (which for you is Google Pay since you have an Android) is particularly problematic. The kids may all think that it's great to use their phones as a wireless cash card but like most financial decisions by kids, it is not. Google Pay (which is an app that you have to download to use Wallet) requires debit and credit card, plus social security number. No freaking way that anyone with privacy concerns is going to give that information to Google just to download tickets. This is a pure power play by Google to get even more of your sensitive information (which makes it subject to more hacking leaks). But we all trust Google to be honorable with our information. (sarcasm) FYI, "wallet" used to be a separate app but Google moved it to Google Pay to require you to sign up for it.

The ticket office repeatedly says that it won't accept screen shots at the game but the agents have been somewhat inconsistent and disorganized about it. They'll waive you in if there is a problem, hopefully. But if you choose to set up a Google Pay account to save your tickets to its wallet, that's fine too. Your decision.

And Go Cards.

• Love
Reactions: glassmanJ
I use Google Pay on Android, and you dont need to enter a credit card, it asks but you can ignore it.
Open your ticket in the ticketmaster app then save to google pay.

Reactions: glassmanJ
Definitely upload your tix before getting to the stadium. You don't have to save them. Once they are on your phone, just close it out but don't swipe it away. Then, bring them back up upon entering the stadium. I definitely miss hard copy tickets for the reasons already mentioned. I find ticket stubs everywhere in my house. It's a fun thing to do.

I used to keep my concert tickets…
the grateful dead created the best tickets ever, they had thick ink, embossed lettering, fantastic artwork and if you threw yours away you were an idiot. phish does some really good ones now but i have every dead, phish, and about 75 of the 125 widespread panic shows. plus abotu another 75 to 100 other concert tix. my friends tend to get theirs framed in a group

Reactions: nccardfan
the grateful dead created the best tickets ever, they had thick ink, embossed lettering, fantastic artwork and if you threw yours away you were an idiot. phish does some really good ones now but i have every dead, phish, and about 75 of the 125 widespread panic shows. plus abotu another 75 to 100 other concert tix. my friends tend to get theirs framed in a group
I just lost a good friend and his family didn’t know his PW to his GoCard account. They went to the ticket office and they gave the family printed tickets. So, you can still get them if you push the right buttons.
The one good point about electronic tickets is since we’ve been using them I’ve never forgot or misplaced my tickets. That is a huge plus.

Thing is if you go to the ticket box offiec and buy game tickets you get hard tickets. They should allow people especially less tech savy ones the option of going to the ticket office and getting hard tickets. I also think it's a ploy at venues to keep scalpers away, And as OP person stated they are losing seats in the stands because now with electronic tickets it makes it hard for a person that cannot attend a game to resale it on Craiglist or other platforms. I personally would be hesitant to make that exchange hoping a person transfers it or it works. Yes their are fake hard ticket sellers but they are somewhat easy to spot alot of times.

Thing is if you go to the ticket box offiec and buy game tickets you get hard tickets. They should allow people especially less tech savy ones the option of going to the ticket office and getting hard tickets. I also think it's a ploy at venues to keep scalpers away, And as OP person stated they are losing seats in the stands because now with electronic tickets it makes it hard for a person that cannot attend a game to resale it on Craiglist or other platforms. I personally would be hesitant to make that exchange hoping a person transfers it or it works. Yes their are fake hard ticket sellers but they are somewhat easy to spot alot of times.
The ticket office will give you hard tickets if you ask. It is a bigger pain since you have to ask and I am not certain if you have to go there in person or if they will mail them to you, but hard tickets are still available but the default is electronic if you don't ask.

You have to go in person. It will not mail them to you, not even for an additional fee. The goal is to make it more difficult so as to force the etickets. Unfortunately, many season ticket holders just non-renewed -- they were pretty ticked that it would not mail them their printed tickets.
The ticket office will give you hard tickets if you ask. It is a bigger pain since you have to ask and I am not certain if you have to go there in person or if they will mail them to you, but hard tickets are still available but the default is electronic if you don't ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT