ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
The fact that UofL half assed recruited him is damn near a fireable offense. Wtf was the staff watching??? Absolutely pathetic

He should make first team All American if the writers dont discriminate against freshmen.

What city is he from?

I think he needs a couple more games to prove himself before we say he’s any good. After all, Ohio State is just ok.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
The fact that UofL half assed recruited him is damn near a fireable offense. Wtf was the staff watching??? Absolutely pathetic
Just curious, does Petrino similarly get credit for not signing a kid like Tahj Rice in the same class? He was a blue chip D-lineman from Jeff County who evidently can't see the field on the powerhouse Duke team. I assume your analysis is objective and cuts both ways...

Reactions: Law007
Just curious, does Petrino similarly get credit for not signing a kid like Tahj Rice in the same class? He was a blue chip D-lineman from Jeff County who evidently can't see the field on the powerhouse Duke team. I assume your analysis is objective and cuts both ways...

LoL.

Youre so miserable.

Brohm is on his way, and your candle is facing a Strong wind from the North.

Well you and Petrino will hav plenty of tee times.

Reactions: UKRob 73
Too early to tell about Rice. Moore is getting it done, however. No denying.
I don’t blame Bobby for Rice. Not many kids will turn down a free ride at Duke - if you’re in to that elite education thing.

I’ll take a homerun and a popout over a pair of singles any day. So yeah, this reflects poorly on the current coaching staff IMO.

Zipp - you are trying too hard to keep up the appearances of being this sage message board contrarian.

Last edited:
Moore may have decided to go elsewhere even they recruited him hard, that is recruiting. I don't think the majority of fans would care if they didn't get if the staff did everything they possibly could to get him. The problem is they didn't prioritize or didn't see he was elite is worrisome to say the least. Keep in mind this staffs made it a priority to keep the home talent, it looks like they are going to whiff on all of them. Sorry this staff that can't recruit at this level. Dennison was responsible for a high percentage of last years class.

I think this just another example of why the fans are done with this staff.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Sadly and contrary to my previous beliefs about Bobby, I don’t think he understands what he’s evaluating these days. Not in recruits, not in defenses, not in genenal football knowledge. He thought our offense would be good this year.

Reactions: GoldCard
Moore took a look at which of the potential situations / systems was the best for him and chose accordingly. As special as Moore is - I’d bet you that if you switched him and Tutu - Atwell would be the one getting all the pub this year.

Petrino’s past has turned off good assistants from working for him and that’s turned the staff into a Petrino family reunion. They don’t develop players - and that is all on Petrino.

Moore took a look at which of the potential situations / systems was the best for him and chose accordingly. As special as Moore is - I’d bet you that if you switched him and Tutu - Atwell would be the one getting all the pub this year.

Petrino’s past has turned off good assistants from working for him and that’s turned the staff into a Petrino family reunion. They don’t develop players - and that is all on Petrino.
This is a good point. The thing that has stood out to me watching Purdue last night was how Brohm's found ways over and over to get Moore into matchup's then give him the ball. That used to be what Petrini did, feed the studs. It doesn't even seem like they try to get Atwell in good matchup's or in certain packages to get him the ball.

This is a good point. The thing that has stood out to me watching Purdue last night was how Brohm's found ways over and over to get Moore into matchup's then give him the ball. That used to be what Petrini did, feed the studs. It doesn't even seem like they try to get Atwell in good matchup's or in certain packages to get him the ball.
FTS turned into WLI - watch Lamar improvise. And it glossed over Petrino’s loss of his edge as a play caller for 2 1/2 years.

I’ll take a homerun and a popout over a pair of singles any day. So yeah, this reflects poorly on the current coaching staff IMO.

Zipp - you are trying too hard to keep up the appearances of being this sage message board contrarian.
Well, I don't recall any posts from you commending Petrino for not recruiting a 4-star kid like Eli Brown out of Warren East in 2015. Or props for landing kids like Dorsey and Wakefield who also had slapd!ck offers. Just crystal ball b!tching is what I'm hearing, right?...

...He thought our offense would be good this year.
What we know is he said that. And saying our offense has a lotta question marks wouldn't have served much purpose as I see it. Nor would believing everything a coach says esp. in the preseason.

I didn't just start watching sports last month...

It is ultimately up to the player to develop. I don't think Petrino message has changed much over the years, but the problem is the message is not being heard or players have lost faith is the person delivering the message. This is really easy to see on both the field and in recruiting. How a team performs is a direct reflection of the staff ability to coach. This team isn't pick up what this staff is putting down. When that happens player and team development stop happening.

Lamar was driven and listened to his coaches therefore he developed. The challenge any coaching staff is getting 100 players to listen, execute and come out motivated, it is easy to see this staff hasn't been able to get that done with this group.

My prediction is the Wake game will be a pillow fight instead of a beat down. I hope I am wrong.

Lamar Jackson might take the other side of that debate...
He might to be sure - he’s a good guy and I think enjoyed his time at UofL. I’m curious though - what development in his skill set would you attribute directly to either of the Petrinos?

Well, I don't recall any posts from you commending Petrino for not recruiting a 4-star kid like Eli Brown out of Warren East in 2015. Or props for landing kids like Dorsey and Wakefield who also had slapd!ck offers. Just crystal ball b!tching is what I'm hearing, right?...

You can minimize this anyway you want. The fact of the matter is that Moore is gonna be lauded as the top freshman in the country. He was right in UofL’s backyard and is quoted as saying he didn’t feel like a priority for UofL despite growing up a fan of the program. In this case they failed miserably at their job.

LoL.

Youre so miserable.

Brohm is on his way, and your candle is facing a Strong wind from the North.

Well you and Petrino will hav plenty of tee times.
Isn't Zipp a little to fat to caddie?
article-2332660-1A0C900E000005DC-76_634x344.jpg

Reactions: wilkie01
You can minimize this anyway you want. The fact of the matter is that Moore is gonna be lauded as the top freshman in the country. He was right in UofL’s backyard and is quoted as saying he didn’t feel like a priority for UofL despite growing up a fan of the program. In this case they failed miserably at their job.
Like others, you're just picking one data point. Those people generally don't have much credibility, and the strength of their argument is based in hindsight...

Like others, you're just picking one data point. Those people generally don't have much credibility, and the strength of their argument is based in hindsight...

It’s a huge miss by the staff. You can try to deflect away from that if like but they missed out on the most electric freshman is the country. Anyone who watched a Trinity game could see how quick and elusive he was.

It’s a huge miss by the staff. You can try to deflect away from that if like but they missed out on the most electric freshman is the country. Anyone who watched a Trinity game could see how quick and elusive he was.
At this time it's doubtful he'd have made such an impact here had he come.

Tu Tu Attwell came in with as much, if not better (So Fla) hype and all we've seen is a short WR.

So I wouldn't think we'd of used this guy the way JB has either.

But I've heard "We need to get xxxx xxxxxx more touches".

Two weeks prep and a chance to "try" and build some hope for next year, and maybe CBP's job, on the line against WF.

We'll see.

Nothing more prized than Mr. Obvious observations...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT