ADVERTISEMENT

Ron English

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Bend but don't break was the name of the game. Of Virginia's 11 drives, just two of them ended in touchdowns. Of the Cavaliers' three red zone trips, just one of them ended in a touchdown. Brohm says that having English directly on the field played a massive role in the defense's efficiency.

"I think Coach English being on the field and have this sense of: 'Is this team going fast? Are they huddling? Are they at the line of scrimmage?' Just kind of feeling it. But at the same time, getting the pulse of our defense and football team I think was going to be beneficial, and it was.

"I thought the defense, other than a couple things here and there, played better. We were ready for most of the plays when they were snapped, and we did a much better job."

I wonder with so many transfers on the team is the team chemistry and continuity there yet? If we can continue to win even if it is ugly and come together after a couple of games we might peak at the right time. I hope we come together next weekend in time for the Miami game.

I wonder with so many transfers on the team is the team chemistry and continuity there yet? If we can continue to win even if it is ugly and come together after a couple of games we might peak at the right time. I hope we come together next weekend in time for the Miami game.
It's a fair question because the QB this year is excellent, the FR RB has emerged, and we've got two guys on the outside going to work. I see potential with the TE breakout maybe it's time to work him into this earlier in the games. We do miss the underneath stuff from the slot maybe.

So overall, this feels like a trenches issue and to your point continuity. Maybe somebody that knows the game better than I do can weigh in. As crazy as it sounds, we're running outta time to put it all together. We can't guarantee health of the players.

I liked the hurry up offense the Cards were in for a bit against Virginia. Brohm needs a boost with explosive plays, and he has the skill players to do it.

The play calling looks so predictable to fans so it has to be to the Cards opponents as well?

Tyler Shough has three talented receivers in Brooks, Lacy and Bell. He has a dynamic young TE in Johnson and a talented veteran TE in Redman.

Then add a superstar RB in the making with Issac Brown who is a tremendous threat catching the ball out of the backfield. The other Brown and Watson are not far behind as star RB's.

Wasn't it during the Petrino 1.0 era where it was "Feed the studs?"

I really hope Brohm is considering speeding up the offense and getting the ball to the play makers in space. More misdirection and creative formations, especially early in the game.

I really like this victory on the road. Clemson is looking pretty ripe for picking them off. Not because they aren't looking for real, they do. But, if we pull it together and play to our potential...and they may get complacent. Whatch out!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT