ADVERTISEMENT

Robins enters portal

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
As most have you have learned by now, sophomore UofL women's basketball guard Seygan Robins has also entered the transfer portal.

According to Coach Walz, the reasons are about the same as the reasons that were given for Lindsey Duvall entering. Seeking more playing time. Coach also mentioned that Robins was welcome back if she could not find a suitable fit for her intentions.

Robins played in 26 games as a freshman at Louisville, with an average of 1.6 points per game and 0.8 assists. In her sophomore year, she was redshirted after playing in two games because of a foot injury.

We wish the best to Seygan as she embarks on a new journey in her student-athlete with a potential new locale and a new start.

--sonja--

I hate this for both of the local Ky ladies. I hope they land in a great spot.

That doesn’t surprise me. They are quality basketball players. At out level to get a decent amount of time you just have to better than that. Some don’t mind getting limited court time as they know the type of program they are a part of. I think either perspective is fine and I hope they make decisions which are best for them.

I had hoped Robins would be content to be a great teammate and practice player. After her injury this past season I noted that she was always highly supportive of the team before and during the games. However with the guards coming in this year and next I guess she realized her playing time would be limited. I really hope she lands somewhere where she will be both productive and happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT