ADVERTISEMENT

Retreat Shooting

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Off campus housing, hearing three were shot, rumor has it that one was a UL football player. Non life threatening injuries, I'll hold off on the name I'm hearing - but he was a underclassman defensive starter.

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Crazy world we live in.. and people ask "why did you move to the country?" Because of stuff like that. The little town I live in has had 1 murder since I moved down here in 95.

Sad thing is, it was probably over something stupid. Somebody dissed somebody else or something like that. Things that when I was young or in the military you simply stepped outback and settled it.

Hopefully the victims will be ok, and the shooter goes away for a very long time.

And what if the headline read "James Hearns and Henry Famurewa shot to death"? Thank God it didn't happen but we need to address these things as if it did. Inches between more senseless killing and another warning signal that simply goes unheeded.

Tonight on CBS...He's a hard living vigilante detective looking to take justice into his own hands. They'll be no court of law for these bad guys.

Tonight on CBS...He's a hard living vigilante detective looking to take justice into his own hands. They'll be no court of law for these bad guys.
We had shows like that 40 years ago. I played army as a kid but we settled things with our fists. This is much deeper than tv heck I bet most of the people behind the guns don't even watch tv. This is about family structures and parental controls and parents actually parenting. However the one thing that has changed are the violent video games. And are more and more realistic.

Reactions: bj#1
We had shows like that 40 years ago. I played army as a kid but we settled things with our fists. This is much deeper than tv heck I bet most of the people behind the guns don't even watch tv. This is about family structures and parental controls and parents actually parenting. However the one thing that has changed are the violent video games. And are more and more realistic.

I remember Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. :) +1 on family structure. Good chance your parents were around a lot more as well.

As TV has taken on a greater role though, you'd think there would be some balance. Just like with smoking, you could easily run ads teaching proper gun safety. Bullet selection ads could actually save lives.

I hope for a speedy recovery for the victims.

This city is going to sh#t !!! I remember as a kid this being one of the greatest cities. It is crazy how all of those neighborhoods that were good when I was a kid, have become crime ridden cesspools. Thank you Jerry Abramson for tearing down all of the public housing and spreading the wealth (voilence) that is across this city.

Reactions: Kratz
This city is going to sh#t !!! I remember as a kid this being one of the greatest cities. It is crazy how all of those neighborhoods that were good when I was a kid, have become crime ridden cesspools. Thank you Jerry Abramson for tearing down all of the public housing and spreading the wealth (voilence) that is across this city.
You need sensitivity training ;););) <jk>

Reactions: SoulSr and tluck28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT