ADVERTISEMENT

Report is completely false

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Brohm says that the report that he has made a deal with Louisville is completely false at this time.

Didnt you read the thread ?

Of course its false.

Its a done deal that he's coming to UofL but he has not "received" any offers from UofL.

If Brohm plans to stay at Purdue, he needs to say it. No other reason to wait much longer even if he's using Louisville as negotiating leverage.

If this goes into next week with no change in status, even my more conservative analysis is that he's coming to Louisville...

All he has to do to end the madness is say "I'm not a candidate for the Louisville job."

He's not saying that.

He never said “I’m not a candidate for the Tennessee job” either. If he says what you mentioned, he loses all leverage.

He never said “I’m not a candidate for the Tennessee job” either. If he says what you mentioned, he loses all leverage.

The Tennessee coaching search last year was a total HOT MESS....Brohm was 1 of what it seemed like 20 people that turned them down before Pruitt took that gig.

If you are a Purdue fan, you want him saying “I’m not a candidate.” He’s not saying that. Your scenario: he’s using Louisville to get more money out of Purdue. Because, you know, 3.5 isn’t enough.

Reactions: Sburke1150
If you are a Purdue fan, you want him saying “I’m not a candidate.” He’s not saying that. Your scenario: he’s using Louisville to get more money out of Purdue. Because, you know, 3.5 isn’t enough.

Do you think he will get more to come to Louisville?

Look, if Jeff wanted to put this to bed, assure his team that he’s their coach for life, assure his recruits that he’ll be there for them and has no intention of leaving for Louisville he’s had more than enough chances to do so. He hasn’t. This indicates....no says....no afirms...no screams that he’s gone. Please tell me one reason why he hasn’t done so and don’t give me any BS about trying to squeeze more money out of PU. He can pretty much name the number he wants from them. Welcome home Jeff!!

Look, if Jeff wanted to put this to bed, assure his team that he’s their coach for life, assure his recruits that he’ll be there for them and has no intention of leaving for Louisville he’s had more than enough chances to do so. He hasn’t. This indicates....no says....no afirms...no screams that he’s gone. Please tell me one reason why he hasn’t done so and don’t give me any BS about trying to squeeze more money out of PU. He can pretty much name the number he wants from them. Welcome home Jeff!!
You have no idea what kind of offers you might’ve received if you turn them down before they’re even made. I’m sure he’s responding to all of this exactly how his agent is advising him to

The Louisville factor changes how I think Brohm would had the process differently than Tennessee. I don't think he would drag Louisville along if he wasn't interested because I don't believe he would want to burn any bridges in his home town. Brohm would say he is not interested in Louisville if that was the case. He can use the NFL or other schools against Purdue. I tend to agree he may be getting other offers that he is still processing exactly what he wants to do. I don't believe he would use Louisville for leverage to stay at Purdue. He is leveraging is success at Purdue and his recruiting against Louisville. The lines of communication are still open I wouldn't feel good if I was Purdue fan.

With that said the longer this goes on Tyra better know his hand because if this gets into early December then he doesn't get Brohm fans are going to be extremely disappointed. Brohm says Dec 5th I am staying that is going to be a problem for Tyra PR and coaching search wise. I would hope both groups put a deadline on making the call which could be that Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I would have made it next week at this point the numbers either work or they don't and Brohm knows if he wants or doesn't want to be at Louisville,

Reactions: BPGhost

How is it BS? It’s called leverage.

How is it BS? It’s called leverage.
I asked this earlier - to predictably zero response. How does the scenario you’re spinning make you feel better? If true, it means that JB will have used two offers in two years to extract more money out of purdoo. If purdoo brings more money - he stays but when they fail to up his deal - he walks.

I asked this earlier - to predictably zero response. How does the scenario you’re spinning make you feel better? If true, it means that JB will have used two offers in two years to extract more money out of purdoo. If purdoo brings more money - he stays but when they fail to up his deal - he walks.

If he stays, who cares? The longer he stays, the better he’ll leave the program when he leaves. He turned around a dumpster fire in not even 2 years.

If he stays, who cares? The longer he stays, the better he’ll leave the program when he leaves. He turned around a dumpster fire in not even 2 years.
Certainly negates all of the other reasons your fans are putting out there for why he’d stay.

He hasn't addressed the public. He doesn't shut rumors down. Never has. Never shut the Tennessee rumors down last year. He doesn't because it helps recruiting. He addressed the team yesterday. Recruits aren't worried about him leaving. Milton Wright said he went ahead and committed to Purdue because Brohm isn't going anywhere.

Couple of thoughts that nobody asked for

- I don't believe he's not publically committing to Purdue as a means to leverage more money out of them.

- Purdue fans comparing anything about this situation and the Tennessee situation are making a mistake.

- I don't believe he was ever offered the Tennessee job.

- If he wasn't going to Louisville, I think UL would know about it and the fact that the job has been open for a week and there hasn't even been another candidates name hinted at....is telling.

- Dakich sucks and he's a garbage person but unless you're some kind of weird conspiracy believer...there is nothing to gain from putting out a tweet like he did with absolutely no legit information. Now will it be announced on that exact day? Has the contract been signed? Probably not but I do believe he's getting information. Just because 100% of his information might not be true doesn't mean that its all false.

- Of course recruits don't think Brohm is going anywhere. You think Brohm is even going to hint to a 18 year old kid what his plans are? ESPECIALLY not the local kids in Louisville because he knows that he can 100% get them to follow him to Louisville.

- I don't think Purdue's success or failure in the last 2 games will affect what Jeff does or when Louisville announces his hire.

He hasn't addressed the public. He doesn't shut rumors down. Never has. Never shut the Tennessee rumors down last year. He doesn't because it helps recruiting. He addressed the team yesterday. Recruits aren't worried about him leaving. Milton Wright said he went ahead and committed to Purdue because Brohm isn't going anywhere.
Lol - do you even think about what you type? Let’s look at that logically. Brohm doesn’t commit definitely to purdoo because the uncertainty that it creates, helps recruiting?? That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard - and it’s complete after the fact spin of the situation last year with UT. Brohm’s decision to not take the UT job may have indeed helped purdoo recruiting but, not while it was going on.

Dumb statement #2. Wright’s commitment means Brohm is staying. Wright can still go wherever he wants - he loses nothing by giving a verbal commitment now. Would you care to wager on whether Wright signs with purdoo if Brohm leaves?

Watch it Ghost remember we are dumb Louisville fans and they are smarter than us because they're Purdue engineers.

Couple of thoughts that nobody asked for

- I don't believe he's not publically committing to Purdue as a means to leverage more money out of them.

- Purdue fans comparing anything about this situation and the Tennessee situation are making a mistake.

- I don't believe he was ever offered the Tennessee job.

- If he wasn't going to Louisville, I think UL would know about it and the fact that the job has been open for a week and there hasn't even been another candidates name hinted at....is telling.

- Dakich sucks and he's a garbage person but unless you're some kind of weird conspiracy believer...there is nothing to gain from putting out a tweet like he did with absolutely no legit information. Now will it be announced on that exact day? Has the contract been signed? Probably not but I do believe he's getting information. Just because 100% of his information might not be true doesn't mean that its all false.

- Of course recruits don't think Brohm is going anywhere. You think Brohm is even going to hint to a 18 year old kid what his plans are? ESPECIALLY not the local kids in Louisville because he knows that he can 100% get them to follow him to Louisville.

- I don't think Purdue's success or failure in the last 2 games will affect what Jeff does or when Louisville announces his hire.
For what it's worth, in the last week, dakich has publicly said Brohm is going to Louisville once and Brohm is leaning towards/staying at Purdue twice. First Brohm was leaning towards staying, then Brohm was gone, then the next day, Brohm is staying at Purdue.

Also per dakich, swanigan was going pro after 1 year, fleck was purdues next coach after hazell, and Steve Alford was iu's next coach after crean. So take it for what you will.

For what it's worth, in the last week, dakich has publicly said Brohm is going to Louisville once and Brohm is leaning towards/staying at Purdue twice. First Brohm was leaning towards staying, then Brohm was gone, then the next day, Brohm is staying at Purdue.

Also per dakich, swanigan was going pro after 1 year, fleck was purdues next coach after hazell, and Steve Alford was iu's next coach after crean. So take it for what you will.
No one here has given dickitch credit for anything other than being a huge doucher. It’s only you boils that are hanging on his every word.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
No one here has given dickitch credit for anything other than being a huge doucher. It’s only you boils that are hanging on his every word.
The guy I quoted literally said dakich put that out because he had legit information, otherwise there is no reason to put it out. What am I holding onto that dakich said? You acused me. So let me know.

The guy I quoted literally said dakich put that out because he had legit information, otherwise there is no reason to put it out. What am I holding onto that dakich said? You acused me. So let me know.
Louisville fans don’t give a shit what dickitch says - didn’t care when he said Brohm was staying at purdoo, didn’t care when he said he was coming to UofL. Only you idiots are following him.

Consider yourself informed. I mean if you are able to understand that.

Louisville fans don’t give a shit what dickitch says - didn’t care when he said Brohm was staying at purdoo, didn’t care when he said he was coming to UofL. Only you idiots are following him.

Consider yourself informed. I mean if you are able to understand that.
So you accused me of hanging onto every word he says, and then back off that? Is that what your saying? Just because I follow him on Twitter doesn't mean I agree with him on anything he says. Which is why I didn't mention dakich until someone else said dakich said he was gone. So again, how am I holding onto what dakich said? I dismissed that dakich knew. Said he was dumb. Also, name calling is nice. Calling me an idiot for something I didn't do. Thanks.

So you accused me of hanging onto every word he says, and then back off that? Is that what your saying? Just because I follow him on Twitter doesn't mean I agree with him on anything he says. Which is why I didn't mention dakich until someone else said dakich said he was gone. So again, how am I holding onto what dakich said? I dismissed that dakich knew. Said he was dumb. Also, name calling is nice. Calling me an idiot for something I didn't do. Thanks.
As have been most of these interactions with the purdoo fans here - this has become another uninteresting and circular conversation - based upon a lack of reading comprehension and the lack of understanding - both willful and due to ignorance - by boil fans of this specific situation.

As have been most of these interactions with the purdoo fans here - this has become another uninteresting and circular conversation - based upon a lack of reading comprehension and the lack of understanding - both willful and due to ignorance - by boil fans of this specific situation.
If I circled I'll admit it. Please show me where I brought dakich up originally and took dakich saying Brohm wasn't coming to heart. Show me and I'll admit fault.

If I circled I'll admit it. Please show me where I brought dakich up originally and took dakich saying Brohm wasn't coming to heart. Show me and I'll admit fault.
This interaction is circling... circling the bowl.

I’d rather watch Brohm’s second to last game at purdoo. I’m out little buddy.

This interaction is circling... circling the bowl.

I’d rather watch Brohm’s second to last game at purdoo. I’m out little buddy.
Lol whatever. I'm going to enjoy Brohms second last game of the regular season at Purdue as well. Then sign a top 25 recruiting class. Then go to a bowl. I don't think he's going anywhere. At least there are no indications that says he is.

News flash Dakich doesn't like Louisville or Purdue he is just stirring the pot. He doesn't know anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT