ADVERTISEMENT

Renato Brown Out For Season

For those who doubt the weather affected playing conditions at Pitt; ask Renato what it was like.

Excuses are what fans like myself do when your team plays poorly and loses a game you expected to win. In this instance, I honestly questioned how any Coach and any roster could execute with the rain blowing sideways and running on a turf that is saturated with water.

That is true but the Cards lost this game due to the turnovers by Plummer. Four times the Cards were in or near the redzone and his mistakes cost the team points. This doesn't include the sure TD Thrash would have had down the middle had Plummer not thrown the ball too high.

Just look at the box score. Cards outgained Pitt 444 to 288 but lost by 17 points.

Players have played in bad weather conditions their entire careers and that day in Pittsburgh was tame compared to many I've seen. Louisville would have won that game going away if their QB had let them.

I don't know what Plummer's problem is but it's very evident that he's not reliable, and as a Cards fan I have little confidence that will change. I'm hoping Brohm realizes he needs to give Clarkson a chance to show what he can do while still maintaining his redshirt.

If he then proves to be the answer, then forget about the redshirt. Remember, Jordan Travis? If he only got the chance over a inconsistent Malik Cunningham, it could be the Cards in the top 5.

That is true but the Cards lost this game due to the turnovers by Plummer. Four times the Cards were in or near the redzone and his mistakes cost the team points. This doesn't include the sure TD Thrash would have had down the middle had Plummer not thrown the ball too high.

Just look at the box score. Cards outgained Pitt 444 to 288 but lost by 17 points.

Players have played in bad weather conditions their entire careers and that day in Pittsburgh was tame compared to many I've seen. Louisville would have won that game going away if their QB had let them.

I don't know what Plummer's problem is but it's very evident that he's not reliable, and as a Cards fan I have little confidence that will change. I'm hoping Brohm realizes he needs to give Clarkson a chance to show what he can do while still maintaining his redshirt.

If he then proves to be the answer, then forget about the redshirt. Remember, Jordan Travis? If he only got the chance over a inconsistent Malik Cunningham, it could be the Cards in the top 5.
He can play 4 games and still redshirt... Hey next time you put your name in the hat as the next coach. You got all the answers.

Putting Clarkson in would be a huge mistake, Plumber is our guy. Look at those turnovers and (true, Plumber needs to adjust better to pressure) it's not all on him. You're just wrong here...not that an anonymous poster will persuade you otherwise. Suffice it too say he is by far our best option.

I have been frustrated with some of the horrendous mistakes that Jack Plummer has made thus far, but he is still the very best QB option that we have at this time. I still maintain the circumstances (injuries, weather) played a significant role in losing at Pitt.

We are 5-1 presently; wrong time “to throw the baby out with the bath water”.

For those who doubt the weather affected playing conditions at Pitt; ask Renato what it was like.

Excuses are what fans like myself do when your team plays poorly and loses a game you expected to win. In this instance, I honestly questioned how any Coach and any roster could execute with the rain blowing sideways and running on a turf that is saturated with water.
The first thing that you reply is to point fingers at fans that think differently right or wrong on a thread about a player who has been injured and is out for the season is not a good look for anyone

While not a fan of Plummer's game that day, the pick 6 was from Thrash getting jammed on his route and should have been a PI. And it's curious why JB had him passing 52 times under those conditions.

Travis transferred Petrino's last season. He was never in competition with Malik.

Reactions: UofLouisville
While I am no fan of FSU; Travis made an excellent career decision when he transferred to FSU.

While not a fan of Plummer's game that day, the pick 6 was from Thrash getting jammed on his route and should have been a PI. And it's curious why JB had him passing 52 times under those conditions.

Travis transferred Petrino's last season. He was never in competition with Malik.

Quick question - what are you hearing re Jawhar Jordan playing against Duke, is he going to play? TIA

Particularly since we moved the ball so well in the first half. I think we had around 115 on the ground at 5 or so yards a carry minus Plummers sacks and just abandoned it in the second half

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT