ADVERTISEMENT

Remember me...I'm Kevin Ware.

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Kevin Ware tells his story of his journey from his gruesome injury in the Duke game until now. It's a really good (and short) read lending insight into his head and heart from that memorable moment as a Card, to his transfer to Georgia State, to his current hopes as a basketball player. Best of luck Kevin. A Card forever.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-6-23-kevin-ware-louisville-georgia-state/

Kevin Ware tells his story of his journey from his gruesome injury in the Duke game until now. It's a really good (and short) read lending insight into his head and heart from that memorable moment as a Card, to his transfer to Georgia State, to his current hopes as a basketball player. Best of luck Kevin. A Card forever.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-6-23-kevin-ware-louisville-georgia-state/
Good catch, Steelers. It sheds a lot of light on what he was thinking at the time and some of the dynamics behind the scene.

Excellent article. Thanks for posting the link.

A woman who worked for me in Frankfort was on a flight from Atlanta to Louisville during the summer of 2013. Ware was seated next to her. She is a huge UK fan and was wearing a UK t-shirt. She didn't recognize Ware but people began coming up to him during the flight. When she realized who he was she told him she really admired how he was fighting back from his injury. She then told him her son was a high school baseball player who had injured his knee badly and was going thru post-surgery rehab. Ware asked for her son's name and then pulled out a piece of paper from his backpack and wrote him a short note wishing him well. When she told me about it the next day I got her a copy of the SI cover from the week after the injury. She had the note and cover framed in red and black and gave it to her son. She's still a UK fan but pulls almost as hard for the Cards.

Last edited:
Very nice.....thoughtful young man......hope he makes it in pro ball somewhere. He will always be a Cardinal. Thanks for sharing the story.

Reactions: pervisl
Kevin should always be remembered as big part of that national title team. He was our lock down defender on any tall guard like Michael carter Williams for the Cuse which really helped the Cards win the BIG East regular and tourney titles. He was very athletic and there was no drop off when he spelled Siva or Russ defensively and he was coming offensively too late season and the tourney run. L1C4 Kevin Ware

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT