ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: RECAP + Intel - Cards land 4 (or more?) commitments

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Today Louisville football really turned the corner as far as recruiting momentum goes. For the past few weeks it was something that I could sense on the recruiting trail and today that really started to materialize with the commitments of Joshua Black, Jackson Gregory, and Monty Montgomery.

While they weren't the highest rated prospects on recruiting sites, these 3 prospects I believe are good fits for what Coach Satterfield wants (I'll break down each of them on a later post). In the meantime I wanted to just put everything I'm hearing on other prospects in one post for easy access.

- While no news has emerged yet, I'm still keeping a close on on Zach Edwards and Jamel Starks. For those of you that want to keep track of my predictions, they can be found here: https://n.rivals.com/content/forecaster_profiles/2904063. It is important to note that this feature is fairly new for Rivals and with that come kinks they have yet to work out. One kink of note is that I can't remove a prediction or change it to an "unsure" and that is why I still have a Brandon Jordan prediction in for Louisville.

- Right behind Edwards and Starks I would put Marvae Myers-Glover on the watch list. It sounds like he may be close to committing as well.
UPDATE (1/28): I have placed a forecast for Myers-Glover to Louisville. He has been moved into level 1 commitment watch (I just made this up).

- Keeyon Stewart is scheduled to visit Texas Tech next weekend and appears to be down between Tech, Louisville, TCU, and Utah. At this point I feel like Stewart will end up at TCU or Utah but I think there still is a chance here.

- Ja'Darien Boykin, I'm told, will likely wait until NSD to officially announce. The good news is that I was also told that Louisville feels they will land him at that time.

- I'd venture to say that Jamel Starks would be the guy Louisville wants at safety and if that is the case, deductive reasoning tells me Cecil Powell may end up elsewhere.

- Jamious Griffin and Tyler Devera, two VERY important prospects for various reasons, are both in the wait and see boat. It sounds like both really liked their visits but at this point they will be visiting other places next weekend. That isn't the end of the world for Louisville, but it isn't ideal either. Definitely something to watch and will be storylines next weekend.into NSD.

- Terray Jones really enjoyed his OV but came away without an offer. He said that Louisville was going to let him know next weekend if they were going to have a spot or not for him. If they do, I'd expect he would commit to Louisville.

- At this point the only two I have not heard from are Dequanteous Watts (seemingly a South Carolina lean) and Mason Trotter. I will keep you updated when I hear anything from them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News