ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL QUICK TAKE: Louisville drops exhibition opener to Lenoir-Rhyne

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
@Travis Graf and I were both going to do a paragraph or so on what we saw. However, I don't have the energy to yell and scream about what I watched in the KFC Yum! Center. It was that bad. Standing around. No energy. Guys looking lost. All of the above.

So, here's what @Travis Graf thought:

GRAF: It’s going to be a broken record this season, but this Louisville roster is the most poorly-constructed in the entire country. There’s one guard on the roster who can get paint touches, and if he’s out of the game at all, there’s no offense. To be honest, there wasn’t much offense with him in the game, either, but it was slightly better. Jae’Lyn Withers had a great showing and his body is the best it’s ever been. Outside of Withers, no Card scored in double figures. I hate to say it, but it looks like it could be a very long year for Louisville fans as the Cardinals couldn’t surpass 50 points against a division two opponent. Louisville’s biggest strength is their size and length, but they didn’t play to it whatsoever, totaling the same amount of steals and blocks as Lenoir-Rhyne and only out-rebounding them by five. There’s some pieces to work with on this roster, but the lack of creators on the team makes me weary of the season to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News