ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Quick insider notes...

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
Spoke to a source close to the program last night and wanted to pass along a few notes...

- I'm told Malik Cunningham is as locked in and focused as he's ever been at Louisville. The source said he's been the clear-cut leader during the off-season workouts.

- The word that kept coming up was 'serious'

- I was also told that Hassan Hall is in a much better place than he was a year ago. Hall had to take a week off during the season to go back home to be with his family, and wasn't ever able to get back in a groove. Expect Hassan to really emerge this year.

- De'Rail Sims has played a big role in getting Hassan back to where he needs to be.

- Another thing I was told is that the team feels better about the defense than they do about the offense heading into the year. And a lot of that has to do with just how good the defense is going to be.

- As far as the offense, the concern is mostly about the wide receiver group.

- The last thing I'll add is that the sense around the program is that 9 wins is very doable.

As most of you all know, I don't sugar coat things, but based on the conversation I had last night, I'm very encouraged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News