ADVERTISEMENT

*** Quick Hits - Tuesday, August 2

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
- Bobby Petrino said they are expecting to add two guys in the next week. Gary McCrae is almost completed on his paperwork and should be here shortly. James DeMatto, the big walk-on lineman, will take the place of Michael Boykin.

- Boykin didn't make the grades and he is headed to junior college. That hurts, but it more hurts the future than right now.

- Bobby said things are different, more advanced now that they are going into the season with 1 guy at quarterback instead of a competition. He spoke of tailoring things to Lamar and how much further Lamar is along.

- Bobby said Reggie Bonnafon has been tremendous, working with any position group they choose and always working hard.

- Reggie told me his body composition is different this year. Last year he hit 215 at one point, but he's at 205 right now and he feels more lean and fast. He says he runs a lot more these days as a WR than he did as a quarterback.

- DeAngelo Brown said he dropped 3 percent on his body fat and feels better, more in condition than he was previously. (Down to 20%).

- DeAngelo was asked to give his advice to freshman and he said: "Go to sleep. Don't stay up late." It drew a big laugh in the room.

- Bobby said there is still open competition at both kicker spots and they would elect a special teams captain after practice began.

- Bobby was asked about the new rule that allows coaches to retweet recruits: "I haven't thought about that one bit. I'm sure out assistants have thought about it, but I haven't given it a second thought."

- Practice tomorrow begins at 8:50 am and is closed. The second practice (the veterans) will be from 4-6 pm and we will be able to talk with a coordinator and some players afterward.

- Saturday will be the media day and we will have a chance to talk with a bunch of players that day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News