ADVERTISEMENT

Quaintance Asking Price?

I don't want this kid, I don't care how good he is. Yeah, it's his right to take advantage of the free market and it's my right to not like it. I doubt he is going to get more than a million $$ from anyone, hell we could get 2 really good players for that..

I don't want this kid, I don't care how good he is. Yeah, it's his right to take advantage of the free market and it's my right to not like it. I doubt he is going to get more than a million $$ from anyone, hell we could get 2 really good players for that..
but sometimes, one really good/great player is what titles winners have. carmelo, AD, kemba, manning, laettner, jordan, and ewing jsut to name a few

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I have no idea what the going rate is for a player. That's something our coaches and NIL collectives have to worry about. If it costs $2M to get him, and he fits our system, they should try to get him.

but sometimes, one really good/great player is what titles winners have. carmelo, AD, kemba, manning, laettner, jordan, and ewing jsut to name a few
This kid ain't that.. He probably would only be here for one season anyway. He will be shopping around for even more money next year...

No thanks. Just my opinion.

This kid ain't that.. He probably would only be here for one season anyway. He will be shopping around for even more money next year...

I'm guessing all of our players will shop around for more money next year. I think it's just the nature of it. We as fans can either roll with it or watch the rowing team? IDK.

I have no idea what the going rate is for a player. That's something our coaches and NIL collectives have to worry about. If it costs $2M to get him, and he fits our system, they should try to get him.
If it costs $2M to get him, and he fits our system, AND WE HAVE THE MONEY, AND THEY CAN STILL FILL OUT A STRONG ROSTER WITH THE MONEY REMAINING, they should try to get him.

might be worth it. we shoud spend if we have the money if we have it.
the NIL coffers will refill if we get to the tourney and win a few games.

you won't know until he plays, and that's fact not an opinion. also, probably not your money paying so what do you care. but considering he'd probably be the best player on the team maybe he's the difference between going 18-12 and 26-4 and a final four run. i'd rather pay him and be wrong than not pay him and be wrong.

Refresh my memory...were any of them just 16 years old when that went down?

Hell even Moses Malone was older than that when he skipped college and went to the pros. Lebron James was too. Is JQ that good?

Is JQ that good?
not same age but melo and jordan were both freshman along w/ ewing in his first title game. point is we don't know but if money is no object if you want to win a title, wouldn't taking the risk with some rich dudes money better than seeing him go to another school and becoming a great player? take all the talent you can get, CPK is not the non-coach like cal. he's get them together and win so take every bit of talent you can get

Last edited:
might be worth it. we shoud spend if we have the money if we have it.
the NIL coffers will refill if we get to the tourney and win a few games.
You raise a point that I’m unsure about and that is…Will the NIL coffers refill? My understanding is that most of the larger amounts that are given are one time gifts, like the one million match money that was given. There’s no guarantee that that happens every year. This most likely will be the same with every collective. So, just because we have money now doesn’t mean that money will be there in the future. Success does breed success so that would help refill the coffers but then again, an off year could mean less money for the next group.

You raise a point that I’m unsure about and that is…Will the NIL coffers refill? My understanding is that most of the larger amounts that are given are one time gifts, like the one million match money that was given. There’s no guarantee that that happens every year. This most likely will be the same with every collective. So, just because we have money now doesn’t mean that money will be there in the future. Success does breed success so that would help refill the coffers but then again, an off year could mean less money for the next group.
I would hope that the NIL becomes a fund, and the dollars paid out are interest and gains on the money. that would be a lot less dollars, but at least it would be sustainable. There may be four or five programs that could sustain annual gifts of the size that could support the reported payouts. Even that is questionable.

I would hope that the NIL becomes a fund, and the dollars paid out are interest and gains on the money. that would be a lot less dollars, but at least it would be sustainable. There may be four or five programs that could sustain annual gifts of the size that could support the reported payouts. Even that is questionable.
regretfully, probably something tyra would have been good at running, a trust fund to support NIL. should be done this way but you need that initial payment to principle to start earning interest. but the reality is it would probably need $50,000,000 to fund it then if you only earned DJIA 7% then you have $3.5MM to pay out each year which would be taxed, so actually less, unless can consider a non-profit trust. so reality is need to put principle in to private equity to try to earn 15%-25% so principle can be lower but goal should be self sustaining trust. can we get 15-20 boosters to drop a million each, 5 or so to drop $5MM, then the rest of us fill in? That's Heird's Challenge. To bring in way more than that so all sports can be funded. but imho, you need $50MM in a fund to start so you can siphon off interest only to fund NIL. figure for all sports you need $200+MM fund. if i ran the fund we'd need way less to start. i've almost quadrupled my funds since 2020 but that's another story. btw, don't buy dividend funds, much easier to buy and sell non-dividend funds like amazon and tesla. buy low sell high. ride those waves!

He committed to ASU. This was more about being promised playing time. Hurley needed a life line so guaranteed playing time makes sense. Kind of plays into the narrative Louisville could get him but certain things had to be worked out.

A good get for them but not sure if it translates into wins.

That is a tough ask to guarantee playing time with a room full of veterans.

Reactions: UofLouisville
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT