ADVERTISEMENT

Pure agony but well worth the wait.

Cue Card

Four-Star Poster
Mar 7, 2011
Had to go on a weekend getaway with the wife and while we had a great time together at the beach, it was pure agony not getting to see the game until this afternoon. The outcome was obviously very enjoyable and I cannot wait for tomorrow to go to work. It might be the first time I've ever actually wanted to go to work on a Monday! LOL!!

I work with a FSU fan who said the Cardinals had no chance against the Noles. I work with a Longhorns fan who said Charlie Strong is not walking back thru that door and Texas was going to run the table. I work with a Oklahoma fan who said Bob Stoops never lays an egg twice in a row and his Sooners would roll the Buckeyes.

FSU got smoked by the Cardinals.
Texas lost to a team not ranked while giving up 50.
Oklahoma got smoked on their home field by a very young talented OSU team.

Tomorrow is going to be a very FUN day at work!!

Go CARDS!!!

Had to go on a weekend getaway with the wife and while we had a great time together at the beach, it was pure agony not getting to see the game until this afternoon. The outcome was obviously very enjoyable and I cannot wait for tomorrow to go to work. It might be the first time I've ever actually wanted to go to work on a Monday! LOL!!

I work with a FSU fan who said the Cardinals had no chance against the Noles. I work with a Longhorns fan who said Charlie Strong is not walking back thru that door and Texas was going to run the table. I work with a Oklahoma fan who said Bob Stoops never lays an egg twice in a row and his Sooners would roll the Buckeyes.

Go CARDS!!!

Enjoy the day!

Cue, sounds like you need to change jobs.

After Monday...

Cue, sounds like you need to change jobs.

After Monday...
Hasn't been as much fun as I anticipated. Nobody wants to talk to me. I don't understand it much either. Everyone was so eager to give me the business all last week. Now today they just want to talk about the mission we have in front of us. Weird huh? LOL.

FWIW, I really enjoy the job and I have no plans of leaving. I am in a position where I can help our Wounded Warriors get mental health care thru a closed private teleconferencing network which I help maintain. It's very satisfying work.

Last edited:
I use to work with s bunch of SuCk fans and they would ride me continuous up to the game. If they one it would continue. If they lost when I walked in after the game it was like the game never happened. Lol.

Reactions: Red Rager
Ultimate example of a UK fan from my work today.

I came in proudly decked out in my Cardinal gear. One guy starts playfully ribbing me. I said "I guess you didn't see the game this weekend?"

Him: I heard UofL won, but don't know who they were playing. I heard UK won too, not sure who they were playing either."

Now come basketball season, this guy will be able to tell you every player on the UK roster, where they're from, how many points they average, etc.

Then they wonder why they're no good in football. LOL

I work with a FSU fan who said the Cardinals had no chance against the Noles. I work with a Longhorns fan who said Charlie Strong is not walking back thru that door and Texas was going to run the table. I work with a Oklahoma fan who said Bob Stoops never lays an egg twice in a row and his Sooners would roll the Buckeyes. Even he admits Stoops is past his prime.

Go CARDS!!!
re: Oklahoma I miss going back to the old job and say to my old Sooner boss, "At least Sam Bradford looked good."

I work in a Warehouse, with about 100 SuCkS fans.
Half of them are SuCkS basketball fans/Bama FSU Miami OSU football fans.

99% of them couldn't name the cayuts starting QB, never wanted to talk
about football, yet 1st time Cards lose, they want to get in your face.

When Uconn beat the Cards on Senior day, they act as if uofk had beat the
Cards. I reminded them , that Uconn did something, SuCkS couldn't do.
A few weeks later the Cards drubbed the Gators in the Sugar bowl, and
their only retort was, theyre a basketball school.

While UofL goes to the playoffs or a BcS bowl, i'll enjoy SuCkS going
3-9, 4-8 this season. Why the SEC hasnt kicked them out is mind boggling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cue Card
Given the chance, the SEC would swap Kentucky flagship schools in a heartbeat...

Sound logic, but I respectfully disagree. The SEC talks about how brutal their regular season is against each other, thus they schedule some real cupcakes in their OOC. For most of them, UK is basically a week off while still playing a "conference" game.

The whole damn SEC east is in rebuilding mode versus what they were 10 years ago. You think they'd rather play UK or Louisville while trying to climb back to the top? Hell, the Vols had trouble putting away App. State. UGA pulled out a squeaker this weekend. UF wasn't so hot. A decade ago, those were NC caliber programs. They want UK, Vandy and USCjr on their schedules right now.

Hard as it is to believe, USCjr might even be a bigger dumpster fire than Lexington right now.

Reactions: Mayoman
You've just made a great argument why they need Louisville. Also consider that football money for damn sure rules the SEC...

Z.....stadium is still not big enough for the SEC powers that be......Now when the expansion is completed.....all bets are off the table.

And, they really don't like having their teams lose to the (been up) and (Fastly pulling ahead) Cardinals program. They prefer the Mildcats to whip up on....you know 29 out of 30 and 30 year winning streaks. etc, etc.

The Cardinals would wreck that nonsense in a heart beat. SEC doesn't want what the Cards would bring to their slimy conference.

I already hated the SEC, but thanks to everyone for the reinforcement... :D

Vandy and UK-Lexington are everyone's Homecoming opponent in the SEC. In the Big 10+4 it is always Purdue and IU-Bloomington. You'll always have a happy Homecoming Queen when these 4 are always on the schedule.

Reactions: Mayoman and Kratz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT