ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue’’s “MBob” lol

Doing great. Has two former AD’s as his chiefs of staff. Yes, he’s a low profile and small ego guy and has done a great job thus far. Fits a college campus better than an urban school. We had 22 years of a an alumnus with a law degree and Mike Bob has been a breath of fresh air.
Not to mention Brohm has stated how much he likes the guy and likes working for him.

No one ever says this about their boss without meaning it. I swear, PU fans have fallen off every turnip truck there ever was.[/QUOTE]

These same reports worried me when we hired him, but he's been great so far. He's been a much needed change from our last AD. I think it's fair to say that there hasn't been this much excitement and energy around Purdue athletics as a whole in a long time.

that number is certainly moving in the right direction though. Takes some time after firing the worst coach in Purdue football history. Safe to say the trends in the W column are on Purdue's side as of late.
That is a staggering statement since Purdue has had 36 head football coaches (2 Interim) and only 8 with a .500 or better overall record. On the flip side, 12 former coaches have a .281 or worse overall record.

That is a conference doormat history which rivals UofK. Congrats.

That is a staggering statement since Purdue has had 36 head football coaches (2 Interim) and only 8 with a .500 or better overall record. On the flip side, 12 former coaches have a .281 or worse overall record.

And yet our career winning percentage is almost identical to yours.

It's a pretty safe statement that I think most Purdue fans would agree with. Colletto could also be in the running.

Key word is 'almost'

127 years of football. 18 bowl games. That is incredible.
UofL? 57 years of football, and 21 bowl games. We've been to more bowl games in less than half the time, and we're still growing. Purdue isn't even a has been. Purude is a never has been.

Um in those first 70 years .... how many annual bowl games do you think there were? I'll give you a hint..... you're overestimating it.

Um in those first 70 years .... how many annual bowl games do you think there were? I'll give you a hint..... you're overestimating it.
OK, then lets look at it a different way.

Purdoo has averaged 4.7 wins a season over its very long football history.

UofL has averaged 6.1 wins a season over its (short compared to Purdoo) football history and we're still growing.

Purdoo's first bowl game was in 1966. UofL's was in 1957. Head to head Purdoo and UofL have played 2 times. Purdoo is 0-1-1 against UofL, a program that is more than half Purdoo's age without the B1G crutch to lean on.

that number is certainly moving in the right direction though. Takes some time after firing the worst coach in Purdue football history. Safe to say the trends in the W column are on Purdue's side as of late.
And second worst in Big Ten history. Let that sink in.

OK, then lets look at it a different way.

Purdoo has averaged 4.7 wins a season over its very long football history.

UofL has averaged 6.1 wins a season over its (short compared to Purdoo) football history and we're still growing.

Purdoo's first bowl game was in 1966. UofL's was in 1957. Head to head Purdoo and UofL have played 2 times. Purdoo is 0-1-1 against UofL, a program that is more than half Purdoo's age without the B1G crutch to lean on.

You’re bragging about more wins per year when you played in subpar conferences for the majority of your history? Lol

And Purdoo was getting skull fuked by better teams on a yearly basis. Which is a better way to grow a program? You tell me.

I’ll take being in a big boy conference for our entire history over beating up on scrubs for the majority of your existence.

What do you think your overall winning percentage would be if you had been in the B1G all these years? I’m guessing it’d be lower than .527.

You’re bragging about more wins per year when you played in subpar conferences for the majority of your history? Lol
LOL is right. You really want to travel down this road?

Purdoo was in a mid major conference (The Western Conference and as an independent) for 60 years and won 255 of their 603 games before the B1G. That is a 4.25% per season winning percentage as a mid major for Purdoo, and since you went down this road, that means Purdoo was getting skull fuked even as a mid major before getting to the B1G.

Thanks for playing. MIC drop!

I’ll take being in a big boy conference for our entire history over beating up on scrubs for the majority of your existence.

What do you think your overall winning percentage would be if you had been in the B1G all these years? I’m guessing it’d be lower than .527.
Entire history? The Western conference? An independent?

ROTFLMAO!!

I'm sure you can imagine how long we've heard this from our rival in the SEC; "I prefer getting our butts kicked regularly in the SEC than beating mid-major opponents in ______ conference". Typically that was said as we prepared for an upcoming bowl game while our rival sat at home after another losing conference record. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Key word is 'almost'

127 years of football. 18 bowl games. That is incredible.
UofL? 57 years of football, and 21 bowl games. We've been to more bowl games in less than half the time, and we're still growing. Purdue isn't even a has been. Purude is a never has been.
Well it's actually 19 for Purdue since they are going to one this year. That number still looks alarming until you look and see the number of bowl games that were available. Before the 20s there was only a couple of bowl games. Up through the 40s there were still only a handful of bowl games and by the 1980s there were just over a dozen. Most teams didn't start racking up bowl games until recently where there is now over 40 games.

The last few years 5-7 teams have even got in so it wasn't a good time for Purdue to have their worst coach in history during that time.

Purdoo was in a mid major conference (The Western Conference and as an independent) for 60 years and won 255 of their 603 games before the B1G. That is a 4.25% per season winning percentage as a mid major for Purdoo, and since you went down this road, that means Purdoo was getting skull fuked even as a mid major before getting to the B1G.

Wow. The Western Conference was the B1G before it got renamed. You serious Clark? That wasn’t mid major football. Purdue has been in a big time conference since 1896.

Wow. The Western Conference was the B1G before it got renamed. You serious Clark? That wasn’t mid major football. Purdue has been in a big time conference since 1896.
Yes I know but it was still way before I was born and I'm going on 60. Why on earth would I consider that time frame as relevant? Purdoo is still a doormat. Always has been. Always will be.

With “Big Boy” conference affiliation comes perks that the UofL program never enjoyed until their admittance into the ACC. Therefore, projecting past success is not possible.

But, we did have visionaries leading our program that invested our fan’s money (not the state governments) to build a state of the art stadium, indoor practice facilities, etc.

Wow. The Western Conference was the B1G before it got renamed. That wasn’t mid major football. Purdue has been in a big time conference since 1896.

Yes I know but it was still way before I was born and I'm going on 60. Why on earth would I consider that time frame as relevant? Purdoo is still a doormat. Always has been. Always will be.

Don't backtrack too hard you'll trip!

"It was a long time ago" isn't actually a fool-proof excuse for getting something wrong.

I'm sure you can imagine how long we've heard this from our rival in the SEC; "I prefer getting our butts kicked regularly in the SEC than beating mid-major opponents in ______ conference". Typically that was said as we prepared for an upcoming bowl game while our rival sat at home after another losing conference record. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
If Purdue's been "getting [their] butts kicked regularly" in the B1G but has nearly an identical winning percentage to UL - who was a mid-major for the majority of their program's history - what does that say about UL?

"It was a long time ago" isn't actually a fool-proof excuse for getting something wrong.
What? So you wish to be known as a big boy doormat for 127 years? Man, I was at least trying to give you guys a wee bit of an out.

OK, I was wrong. Purdoo has always been a doormat for their one and only conference. Maybe you guys should be screaming to go back to being an independent. At least you guys won 25 games in 4 years way back when. I don't even think they had leather helment during those years.

If Purdue's been "getting [their] butts kicked regularly" in the B1G but has nearly an identical winning percentage to UL - who was a mid-major for the majority of their program's history - what does that say about UL?
Apparently...that we've maximized our wins into more and better bowl games than Purdue, in a shorter amount of time.

It says we've outgrown where you've been and before you ever got there since you still haven't. Weird stuff.

Western Conference wasn’t a mid major ever.

University of Chicago has more conference titles in the Big 10+4 than Purdue. They quit back in 1949? Incredible.

Penn State has only been in the Big 10+4 since 1992? Already has more conference titles than a “Charter Member”. Again, incredible...

Michigan State joined the Big 10+4 in 1950? More conference titles than West Lafayette? Amazing.

Good thing you invited Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland to bump you up the ladder. :D

Last edited:
You're here bragging about anything purdoo related?? LOL! Tell us again about Bree's runner up Heisman and how you had the first man on the moon.

Reactions: Cue Card

Of course you would - just like those scrubs the yuts. You've both traded on field success for welfare.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT