ADVERTISEMENT

Great Osobor Visit

We will know either way soon after the visit. Louisville isn’t going to want to drag this out like being called the leader but letting him finish out his visits. He will either be in or out after the visit. Too many moving parts to let it drag out. These high end guys impact other high end guy decisions.

He is legit so someone is getting a really good player.

We will know either way soon after the visit. Louisville isn’t going to want to drag this out like being called the leader but letting him finish out his visits. He will either be in or out after the visit. Too many moving parts to let it drag out. These high end guys impact other high end guy decisions.

He is legit so someone is getting a really good player.
I agree. If Great doesn't commit today CPK has to move on to someone else. We need bigs too much to wait until all his visits are done only for him to pick Washington.

Reactions: JTMPR
"Louisville has emerged as the potential front runner"...Good news other than this guy's livelihood is dependent on driving people to his website or X page. All true as far as speculation is concerned. Fartin in the wind as far as factual substance.

I doubt that is inside information this is stating the obvious. UK and Louisville were both the front runner. They both had a spot and a healthy NIL. UK passed because they didn’t want to wait around especially if their 2nd option was ready to commit. The question is will Louisville remove themselves or play the waiting game?

I really think the guy is going to take his visits. I can see it from his perspective. Worst case he gets a great deal ends up with his former coach. Best case he leverages Louisville into more NIL till the bitter end.

Louisville, if they have a legit 2nd option, there are multiple, let it go. No real option let it play out while trying to secure Plan B.

Skilled bigs are a luxury item with low supply high demand. They are going to squeeze the market.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Osobor is still a longshot for UofL. If he moves on to his other visits as expected then CPK has to go after the next big man targets. Cant wait around for him to make a choice only for him to pick another school while Cards still need bigs.

Osobor is still a longshot for UofL. If he moves on to his other visits as expected then CPK has to go after the next big man targets. Cant wait around for him to make a choice only for him to pick another school while Cards still need bigs.
Longshot? Where did you get that information? We can offer more than Washington. I doubt he’s a longshot.

I doubt that is inside information this is stating the obvious. UK and Louisville were both the front runner. They both had a spot and a healthy NIL. UK passed because they didn’t want to wait around especially if their 2nd option was ready to commit. The question is will Louisville remove themselves or play the waiting game?

I really think the guy is going to take his visits. I can see it from his perspective. Worst case he gets a great deal ends up with his former coach. Best case he leverages Louisville into more NIL till the bitter end.

Louisville, if they have a legit 2nd option, there are multiple, let it go. No real option let it play out while trying to secure Plan B.

Skilled bigs are a luxury item with low supply high demand. They are going to squeeze the market.
SUCk was ruled out several days ago. And it was Great that said no. He wants playing time that he won’t get there.

Apologies, I guess you were right. Hadn’t heard a word about this guy all weekend other than going to the derby. On to the next one.

Reactions: shadow force
You don’t bring your parents over from England to experience this with you then cut it short. He also is going to give Sprinkle as visit. He has been with him 3 years.

No harm the visits will be done next week. In the meantime you try to lock someone down.

Osobor is supposed to be making his last recruiting visit to Washington starting today. I think it's May 7th-9th. We can hope that he makes his decision soon.

Let’s say he wants 1.5M. Is Washington or Texas Tech in the position to pay that while fielding a legit team? Louisville can do that but is he really worth 1.5M. That is what is crazy how do you value him in terms of impact? Some say with him they are a legit tournament team. However, guards not bigs are the key to deep tournament runs. Does getting him sell more season tickets?

Who knows but Washington and Texas Tech don’t seem like the kind of programs that will get into a bidding war. My guess is he won’t get the price he is seeking and it will end up around 1M which is still absurd but more reasonable.

Let’s say he wants 1.5M. Is Washington or Texas Tech in the position to pay that while fielding a legit team? Louisville can do that but is he really worth 1.5M. That is what is crazy how do you value him in terms of impact? Some say with him they are a legit tournament team. However, guards not bigs are the key to deep tournament runs. Does getting him sell more season tickets?

Who knows but Washington and Texas Tech don’t seem like the kind of programs that will get into a bidding war. My guess is he won’t get the price he is seeking and it will end up around 1M which is still absurd but more reasonable.
beg to differ claudia schiffer. imho, every single school in the country is willing to get into a bidding war as along as they have rich boosters to fund it. simply. when you're rich and can buy anything in the world you want, the only thing left to buy are things that give you bragging rights. Tyson and Jerry Jones at Arkansas are billionaires who can wipe their asses with money and not know it so why wouldn't a rich alum at washignton where microsoft billionaires are everywhere, or at texas tech where there are oil billionaires everywhere, why wouldn't an alum at either of these schools, or any school, not want to drop some pocket change to win a title and have bragging rights? i think you underestimate what egos there are in the world of the rich and how having something no one else has is worth tens of millions of dollars. they won;t pay the kid if they don't they they have a title chance, but if you're talking a top 20 team that could be a player away from a title, then pretty sure money is no object.

Well no kidding. The reality is not every school has booster that want to invest in all the sports program. If every school had NIL at the same level you wouldn’t the percentage of transfers enter the portal. That isn’t what is happening players are leaving to getting more money. Texas Tech lost their best player to the portal. Doubt that happens if Texas Tech offered same amount. Doubt Johnson comes to Louisville for the same money.

The reality is Washington and Texas Tech doesn’t have NIL money flowing into their basketball programs. Their history doesn’t show programs that are heavily invested in basketball. Louisville is on a different level. Now other factors come into play i.e playing for your old coach or wanting to play for a title.

Every program has its own cap. It isn’t like every program has a money tree that they just need to shake. Even Arkansas has their own cap but their is just higher than everyone else.

This is where the SEC and the B1G is creating a problem for everyone else to compete on an NIL money level. They are manipulating the system with the help of ESPN to pay them more money so they can afford to buy the best players and more of them.

This is where the SEC and the B1G is creating a problem for everyone else to compete on an NIL money level. They are manipulating the system with the help of ESPN to pay them more money so they can afford to buy the best players and more of them.
Their TV money is the bigger issue in the future not so much today since they can’t use it to pay players today. That will change once they start sharing money with players. It will create a gap that won’t be easily over come.

Reactions: Art79
The same way Amazon killed local shops, ESPN will kill 90% of college sports without even realizing what they’re doing.

Reactions: rh62531
Their TV money is the bigger issue...since they can’t use it to pay players today. .
Surely you don't believe Universities are NOT already funneling, laundering, giving money to players from TV contracts etc. do you?

Also, all of this NCAA this & that is crap. UofL (UK, IU, etc.) ARE the NCAA.

They/we are the causes, reasons, & culprits in this mess and it is all about schools trying to keep as much money as possible for themselves...and tax free, withOUT having players as employees.

We're killing the goose that layed the golden egg.

Well the players should be employees and they should have a salary cap. They should also charge the players for using their facilities. The players should have to pay for their own insurance, you know like the rest of the working people in the country.

Surely you don't believe Universities are NOT already funneling, laundering, giving money to players from TV contracts etc. do you?

Also, all of this NCAA this & that is crap. UofL (UK, IU, etc.) ARE the NCAA.

They/we are the causes, reasons, & culprits in this mess and it is all about schools trying to keep as much money as possible for themselves...and tax free, withOUT having players as employees.

We're killing the goose that layed the golden egg.
It doesn't matter whether you believe tv money is "funneled" to players now or not. It's perfectly legal through NIL, it doesn't have to go through a university, ESPN can pay players directly to go to certain schools if they wish. No need to funnel.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
NIL changed everything; funneling money to players has no real limitations.

While making student athletes an employee of the school may appear to be a solution, the lawsuits that will emerge on behalf of players losing the NIL money will result in the courts defeating that initiative.

Well the players should be employees and they should have a salary cap. They should also charge the players for using their facilities. The players should have to pay for their own insurance, you know like the rest of the working people in the country.
Don’t forget taxes

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Well no kidding. The reality is not every school has booster that want to invest in all the sports program. If every school had NIL at the same level you wouldn’t the percentage of transfers enter the portal. That isn’t what is happening players are leaving to getting more money. Texas Tech lost their best player to the portal. Doubt that happens if Texas Tech offered same amount. Doubt Johnson comes to Louisville for the same money.

The reality is Washington and Texas Tech doesn’t have NIL money flowing into their basketball programs. Their history doesn’t show programs that are heavily invested in basketball. Louisville is on a different level. Now other factors come into play i.e playing for your old coach or wanting to play for a title.

Every program has its own cap. It isn’t like every program has a money tree that they just need to shake. Even Arkansas has their own cap but their is just higher than everyone else.
Texas Tech has significant basketball support for NIL. No idea on Washington.

I agree every school has money to throw around if they want to and Texas Tech does love their basketball. I think they have to funds to land him what I don’t know is if they can build a roster around him. I think that is the challenge. Like I said everyone has a cap.

Let’s say Texas Tech or Washington land him but don’t get the pieces around him to win big. They just burned 1.5M of someone’s money. That money won’t keep flowing. A heathy NIL is considered 5m-6m in basketball. Spending 15-20 percent of the budget on 1 guy from a mid major that doesn’t shoot it from outside is a big gamble.

I don’t think Louisville lands him. Frankly may struggle landing any big that wants market rate. They are overvalued..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT