ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

I think people are seeing "self imposed" and are translating it in to "post season ban". Many violations are punished with self imposed sanctions and it's not always post season bans.

Previously it was stated that Pitino wasn't interviewed yet by the NCAA and the investigation will last until the summer. I kinda wonder if this isn't a "let's get this over with" move from us, like a plea deal.

We will see. Maybe we are screwed though.

I was just told we are self imposing a post season ban this season. Hope it's not true.
That would be disastrous for the program. Not saying it would be forever but I think it will effect the teams performance for a few years. The rest of this season would be a bust with nothing to play for. Lee and Lewis will just be counting down the days wishing they would have went elsewhere. After all, they wanted to play in the big dance.

Mangok might just consider not playing again this season. Why bother for a couple of regular season games? I think Nanu may enter draft and Mitchell may consider transferring.

I know this is all so negative but a post season ban is hard to rebound from and I'm sure there will be other sanctions. If this report is true we will know for sure there's real damning evidence on what Andre McGee did. It's such a shame and such a waste what today's culture has done to young people.

Season over, but we can restart fresh in August. These guys had nothing to do with it and they get punished. Hopefully falling on the sword avoids any further penalties.

That would be disastrous for the program. Not saying it would be forever but I think it will effect the teams performance for a few years. The rest of this season would be a bust with nothing to play for. Lee and Lewis will just be counting down the days wishing they would have went elsewhere. After all, they wanted to play in the big dance.

Mangok might just consider not playing again this season. Why bother for a couple of regular season games? I think Nanu may enter draft and Mitchell may consider transferring.

I know this is all so negative but a post season ban is hard to rebound from and I'm sure there will be other sanctions. If this report is true we will know for sure there's real damning evidence on what Andre McGee did. It's such a shame and such a waste what today's culture has done to young people.
I can see Mangok stating he will stay out for the rest of the season, but why would Mitchell transfer? The ban is just for this post-season; not the next one.
As far as Nanu going pro, if the team decides to pack it in, it would hurt his draft status

That doesn't mean the NCAA won't hammer them next year too. This isn't the end of the story unfortunately.

Last edited:
Wow. . . this sucks big time. We were legitimately in the mix to win it all this year (given the parity) - I didn't say favorite, but in the mix this season along with a handful of other teams. What a downer!

Whether the University was involved or not, what this really hurts is the players. Lewis and Lee are quality young men that dont deserve this garbage. They did everything right. And yet they are getting sh*tted on. Total BS.

If true, I feel bad for the 5th year guys... Yes they got on a bigger stage, but still miss out the opportunity to shine in March... which is one of the ultimate goals.

I was hoping he was just dragging them down.
The consistent use of the word "we" describing that period of time - while accurate - is super annoying as well.

He may not have known what was going on but, seldom has there been a coach more done in by hubris

I'm just responding to a couple of posts in other threads, and on the heels of the press conference.

THIS team didn't do this to your program. They deserve your full support until the end. This season is not over. Louisville has a ton of great games left to be played, and if you are a true fan you should not consider this season "over" as some have said.

As much as this rivalry fuels each fan base, and as much as many of Kentucky's online fans are going to revel in this, this goes beyond the game of basketball. A bunch of people made irresponsible decisions and misled kids into problems they shouldn't have had to deal with.

The biggest issue is that THIS team shouldn't bear the penalty for that.

UL should man-up and back penalize the players/teams on which the penalties occurred.

I get why they don't (because it probably includes the 2013 championship), but to put the onus on this team is completely unfair.

Two of my best friends are UL fans, and while it's a fun rivalry (even heated at times), you deserve better than what has happened. I hope that you get leaders that do not stand for ANYTHING like this, and that you come out on the winning side of things in the future.

Sincerely,
UK Fan.

Hate this happened to your 2 5th yr guys! Should not be taken out on this team! IMO, when this happens, the coaches and AD should be put on probation and give up their salaries for the duration of probation.

I'm just responding to a couple of posts in other threads, and on the heels of the press conference.

THIS team didn't do this to your program. They deserve your full support until the end. This season is not over. Louisville has a ton of great games left to be played, and if you are a true fan you should not consider this season "over" as some have said.

As much as this rivalry fuels each fan base, and as much as many of Kentucky's online fans are going to revel in this, this goes beyond the game of basketball. A bunch of people made irresponsible decisions and misled kids into problems they shouldn't have had to deal with.

The biggest issue is that THIS team shouldn't bear the penalty for that.

UL should man-up and back penalize the players/teams on which the penalties occurred.

I get why they don't (because it probably includes the 2013 championship), but to put the onus on this team is completely unfair.

Two of my best friends are UL fans, and while it's a fun rivalry (even heated at times), you deserve better than what has happened. I hope that you get leaders that do not stand for ANYTHING like this, and that you come out on the winning side of things in the future.

Sincerely,
UK Fan.
Gee, thanks. It's always good to get advice from experienced fans of programs that are serial cheaters to see how they handle it.

Run along now.

I could really do without the uk anecdotes from Pitino.
Agreed. It feels like Charlie all over again. I feel like his talking down to us and begging us to show up to the remaining games while using Yewkay as an example. I am sick of Rick's constant need to talk about Big Blew. We get it, you coached there. You coach here now so shut up about it.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT