ADVERTISEMENT

Please…..Wake me!

Feb 3, 2014
This nightmare needs to end. I’ve been a UL Card since 1969 when I enrolled there and graduated in 1972. Froze during games at the old Card stadium at the fairgrounds and sat in the hallowed Freedom hall for many games. That said, the black cloud that hangs over our men’s BB program and the mediocre state of our FB program leaves me in tears.
Today, we had a chance to move forward with our football team….and we passed. I honestly can’t remember the last time I was really excited about the men’s BB or FB season. Seems like we’re constantly rebuilding. Truly exhausted by it.
Also just heard that Pete Trammel is reporting that Vince in an emerging candidate for the Florida State AD position. WTF!

This nightmare needs to end. I’ve been a UL Card since 1969 when I enrolled there and graduated in 1972. Froze during games at the old Card stadium at the fairgrounds and sat in the hallowed Freedom hall for many games. That said, the black cloud that hangs over our men’s BB program and the mediocre state of our FB program leaves me in tears.
Today, we had a chance to move forward with our football team….and we passed. I honestly can’t remember the last time I was really excited about the men’s BB or FB season. Seems like we’re constantly rebuilding. Truly exhausted by it.
Also just heard that Pete Trammel is reporting that Vince in an emerging candidate for the Florida AD position. WTF!
Tyra to Florida? Fingers crossed.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Don’t buy much into the rumor mill these days. But somewhere somehow there’s good news. 🤞

Reactions: gocds
I just don't think there is enough $ to fire and hire but others know more about this than I do.

I also do not know if there is a candidate jumping off the page to turn it over too.

The nightmare was 2017-2018

Pitino fired
Jurich fired
NIT Basketball
2-10 football season

We’re getting out of the hole. People act like bringing Satt back means we’re destined for another 2-10 season.

If the same situation in football happened on the field and Malik was returning, and TJ was AD, we’d be pumped for next year talking about how Tom’s guy figured it out. If Tom kept Krag, he def wouldn’t have fired Scott.

The nightmare was 2017-2018

Pitino fired
Jurich fired
NIT Basketball
2-10 football season

We’re getting out of the hole. People act like bringing Satt back means we’re destined for another 2-10 season.

If the same situation in football happened on the field and Malik was returning, and TJ was AD, we’d be pumped for next year talking about how Tom’s guy figured it out. If Tom kept Krag, he def wouldn’t have fired Scott.
After year 3, Tom didn’t keep Krag, though. Nor should Vince with Satt. And please stop acting like Malik is a great QB. Low attendance records might very well be broken next year.

Fire Satt
Fire Tyra

Reactions: BPGhost
Don’t buy much into the rumor mill these days. But somewhere somehow there’s good news. 🤞
Pete Trammel is pretty well respected in the sports reporting field. Eric Crawford’s report was apparently from the horse’s mouth. Doesn’t seem to be rumor mill fodder. If you have any good news it would be welcomed with open arms!

After year 3, Tom didn’t keep Krag, though. Nor should Vince with Satt. And please stop acting like Malik is a great QB. Low attendance records might very well be broken next year.

Fire Satt
Fire Tyra
Orange Bowl
6-6
5-7
4-8

No bowls for Krag

2-10
8-5
4-7
6-6

2 bowls for Satt. Had Krag made that kind of progress, TJ would’ve easily brought him back. TJ was looking for any reason to keep Krag.

Anyone comparing Satt to Krag has a short memory. This Louisville team would’ve beaten 2009 Louisville by 50.

Pete Trammel is pretty well respected in the sports reporting field. Eric Crawford’s report was apparently from the horse’s mouth. Doesn’t seem to be rumor mill fodder. If you have any good news it would be welcomed with open arms!
I’m patiently waiting for some myself. As The Louisville World Turns!

Tyra to Florida? Fingers crossed.
I would be careful for what you wish for. I’ve told you guys time and time again that Vince is a Card through and through. When he was hired I was worried about his experience, but a family member through marriage told me he’s a quick learner. That family member is a life long close friend of Vince’s. When we spoke about Grissom he reassured me that Vince is the guy that if he’s not getting what he needs or not allowed to run the program he’ll walk. Now he’s walking. And all indications are he wanted to fire CSS but Bendapudi wouldn’t let him. Vince was our last line of defense between those who care about UofL athletics and those who don’t.
So I’ll ask you. What do you think the chances of a BOT made up of several SuCk grads and other outsiders appointed by Grissom and a President appointed by Grissom will hire an AD that we would want? We’re screwed snd you guys wished this on us. He’s so inexperienced and has done such a bad job he’s a finalist for an ACC rival FSU. Just great.

I would be careful for what you wish for. I’ve told you guys time and time again that Vince is a Card through and through. When he was hired I was worried about his experience, but a family member through marriage told me he’s a quick learner. When we spoke about Grissom he reassured me that Vince is the guy that if he’s not getting what he needs or not allowed to run the program will walk. Now he’s walking. And all indications are he wanted to fire CSS but Bendapudi wouldn’t let him. Vince was our last line of defense between those who care about UofL athletics and those who don’t.
So I’ll ask you. What do you think the chances of a BOT made up of several SuCk grads and other outsiders appointed by Grissom and a President appointed by Grissom appointing an AD that we would want? We’re screwed snd you guys wished this on us. He’s so inexperienced and has done such a bad job he’s a finalist for an ACC rival FSU. Just great.
My thought from day 1 of Neeli was that she was a PC hire. She wants to appeal to the PC hipster crowd that’s taking over this community.

I don’t think she hates athletics, but the powers that be in this town were afraid of a Missouri like protest and along with all the bad press, probably didn’t like the “old white men” thing combined with Mitch McConnell’s ties to UofL.

For those who think Bevin hated us, BS. I’m pretty sure Jurich had great ties with the GOP and Bevin himself was very tied into the Louisville donor crowd.

Remember when Papa John’s was asking questions about what was going on, he may have accused the wrong people, but there was something going on behind the scenes. He just wrongly targeted Tom.

This wasn’t as much a purge of athletics as it was a purge of the Ramsey regime and that old board.

It’s not hard to read between the lines. The Presidents office is making athletic decisions. She is going to have to be the face of this now because Tyra isn’t playing. She has to fire Vince at this point. Because he clearly isn’t going to stand behind Satterfield.

Orange Bowl
6-6
5-7
4-8

No bowls for Krag

2-10
8-5
4-7
6-6

2 bowls for Satt. Had Krag made that kind of progress, TJ would’ve easily brought him back. TJ was looking for any reason to keep Krag.

Anyone comparing Satt to Krag has a short memory. This Louisville team would’ve beaten 2009 Louisville by 50.
Orange Bowl
6-6
5-7
4-8

No bowls for Krag

2-10
8-5
4-7
6-6

The 2-10 season wasn’t Satt. Of course Jurich would have brought Krags back if he were winning. You’re not providing much insight. And if there were only a way to prove your 2021 Satt team against 2009 Krag team. But, honestly, who gives a shit. Satt is underperforming in the here and now. UK alum Tyra is allowing that to happen.

Reactions: BPGhost
It’s not hard to read between the lines. The Presidents office is making athletic decisions. She is going to have to be the face of this now because Tyra isn’t playing. She has to fire Vince at this point. Because he clearly isn’t going to stand behind Satterfield.
It would be easier to accept if there was some grand plan or conspiracy. But it appears it’s jus a war of ego of one lady.

She’s making it HER university. Vince Tyra is white male privilege Catholic school Louisville. In her mind, his dad got him all he got in life. She’s tired of hearing about James Ramsey and that era, it’s Neeli’s Louisville.

And unfortunately, we won’t be able to get rid of her. Notice everyone has been really hesitant to ever criticize her because they don’t want to be labeled something. She’s gotten a pass and all the students love her.

Remember when Papa John’s was asking questions about what was going on, he may have accused the wrong people, but there was something going on behind the scenes. He just wrongly targeted Tom.
Well from what has been proven the last few years, it's a must to accuse the other group of what your group is doing and intends to do. Dirty rotten greedy ba$!ards!

The 2-10 season wasn’t Satt. Of course Jurich would have brought Krags back if he were winning. You’re not providing much insight. And if there were only a way to prove your 2021 Satt team against 2009 Krag team. But, honestly, who gives a shit. Satt is underperforming in the here and now. UK alum Tyra is allowing that to happen.
I’m saying that Krag inherited something great, it got worse. TJ fought to keep him when it was obvious he sucked. We all saw 2010 and knew it was gonna be worse.

Satt inherited POOP. He’s gotten the program better. We all see 2022 and it will easily be better, well some don’t because they think if they wish it’ll be worse that they’ll be justified in wanting him fired.

2 different calls, but TJ’s biggest attribute was loyalty. And in this situation, Satt would still get another year because the Brohm’s HATE Tom Jurich.

I would be careful for what you wish for. I’ve told you guys time and time again that Vince is a Card through and through. When he was hired I was worried about his experience, but a family member through marriage told me he’s a quick learner. That family member is a life long close friend of Vince’s. When we spoke about Grissom he reassured me that Vince is the guy that if he’s not getting what he needs or not allowed to run the program he’ll walk. Now he’s walking. And all indications are he wanted to fire CSS but Bendapudi wouldn’t let him. Vince was our last line of defense between those who care about UofL athletics and those who don’t.
So I’ll ask you. What do you think the chances of a BOT made up of several SuCk grads and other outsiders appointed by Grissom and a President appointed by Grissom will hire an AD that we would want? We’re screwed snd you guys wished this on us. He’s so inexperienced and has done such a bad job he’s a finalist for an ACC rival FSU. Just great.
You’re either a liar or not very bright. The success of UofL athletics is not Vince’s 100% priority. If it were, football and basketball, the revenue generators, wouldn’t be sucking ass. You’re a Vince shill, got it. Lol at your FSU reference. They suck worse than we do.

I’m saying that Krag inherited something great, it got worse. TJ fought to keep him when it was obvious he sucked. We all saw 2010 and knew it was gonna be worse.

Satt inherited POOP. He’s gotten the program better. We all see 2022 and it will easily be better, well some don’t because they think if they wish it’ll be worse that they’ll be justified in wanting him fired.

2 different calls, but TJ’s biggest attribute was loyalty. And in this situation, Satt would still get another year because the Brohm’s HATE Tom Jurich.
Right on the money. TJ was forced to fire Kragthorpe. If you recall he was under lots of pressure. Kragthorpe inherited a corvette and turned it in a Pinto. Satt walked into a horrible situation.

Well from what has been proven the last few years, it's a must to accuse the other group of what your group is doing and intends to do. Dirty rotten greedy ba$!ards!
Universities are SICK places and you’d be surprised what angry staff and student government can do. But UofL never really had much of a slant. Diverse, but generally just people going to school and enjoying a beautiful city.

If you’ve seen what UofL has become on campus, you’re seeing it become such a PC culture university. These type of people really hate macho male football athletic culture.

The athletic stuff was a mess, but I think the PC crowd wanted a bigger say. While the athletic/Ramsey/Jurich mess was going on, Neeli came in and that side has taken over.

I’ve been on a school board and know someone on WKU’s board. That UofL board doesn’t really care, they’re just yes men and women for the President.

Right on the money. TJ was forced to fire Kragthorpe. If you recall he was under lots of pressure. Kragthorpe inherited a corvette and turned it in a Pinto. Satt walked into a horrible situation.
The revisionist Tom Jurich never made a single mistake crowd ignores everything

“Tom would’ve made a better hire and would’ve fired Satt!!”

But ignores the Krag tenure. Ignores the Petrino hiring and extension.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Jurich did not fight to keep Kragthorpe. Not at all. He gave him the standard three years, then fired him. WTF are you peeps smoking? Satt inherited a hell of a team. Talent overflow. He won with Bobby’s players. You’ll point to recruiting, and I’ll agree, but he inherited a supremely talented team.

You’re either a liar or not very bright. The success of UofL athletics is not Vince’s 100% priority. If it were, football and basketball, the revenue generators, wouldn’t be sucking ass. You’re a Vince shill, got it. Lol at your FSU reference. They suck worse than we do.
I think your the dense one here. I don’t think you have a clue on how anything works outside of your house. The problems both FB and BB are in large part due to the previous administration. The contract TJ gave Bobby was a killer, which I might add is due to be paid off this month. Everyone said when Mack was hired he was also on Tom’s short list, it’s odd how memories fade and people forget the crap storm the athletics department was left in. Vince always manages to get funds when he needs them. Money was there to hire Brohm had Bendapudi allowed it. Vince isn’t the President, he doesn’t have unilateral control. Apparently he has little control.
Ok genius. Who do you think a BOT (With SuCk graduates and other outsiders) and Bendapudi will hire as our AD? I bet they’ll be far worse than a guy that’s so bad that he’s a finalist for the FSU AD position. Unbelievable
I fear what’s next far more than I ever worried about Vince and you should too.

Surely grown men can disagree without name calling. Yeah, emotions are high and have been for several days now, but come on. Drink a tall one. Several!!!

Orange Bowl
6-6
5-7
4-8

No bowls for Krag

2-10
8-5
4-7
6-6

Dude - more complete delusion from you. “Progress” is not a damn yo-yo. And the only reason UofL will go to a bowl this year is the expansion of them.

Vince is a nice guy but he’s grissom’s work wife / protege. He is not who the university needed to guide them through this shitstorm.

My thought from day 1 of Neeli was that she was a PC hire. She wants to appeal to the PC hipster crowd that’s taking over this community.

I don’t think she hates athletics, but the powers that be in this town were afraid of a Missouri like protest and along with all the bad press, probably didn’t like the “old white men” thing combined with Mitch McConnell’s ties to UofL.

For those who think Bevin hated us, BS. I’m pretty sure Jurich had great ties with the GOP and Bevin himself was very tied into the Louisville donor crowd.

This wasn’t as much a purge of athletics as it was a purge of the Ramsey regime and that old board.
Another in a long line of terrible takes by you. Props on your continued verbosity though.

Lol “hipster crowd”.

It would be easier to accept if there was some grand plan or conspiracy. But it appears it’s jus a war of ego of one lady.

She’s making it HER university. Vince Tyra is white male privilege Catholic school Louisville. In her mind, his dad got him all he got in life. She’s tired of hearing about James Ramsey and that era, it’s Neeli’s Louisville.

And unfortunately, we won’t be able to get rid of her. Notice everyone has been really hesitant to ever criticize her because they don’t want to be labeled something. She’s gotten a pass and all the students love her.
Lol - right, it’s her fault that satterfield and Mack are underachievers. She also whispered into Gaudio’s ear telling him blackmail was a good decision.

Another in a long line of terrible takes by you. Props on your continued verbosity though.

Lol “hipster crowd”.
Ok internet gangster. I’m so afraid of your intellect! Lay off the sauce and enjoy life, stop insulting others personally because they don’t share your view!

He walked into a horrible culture that immediately changed once petrino was canned. It’s not that he had nothing to work with. He might have changed the culture but the on field product is still mediocre.

Ok internet gangster. I’m so afraid of your intellect! Lay off the sauce and enjoy life, stop insulting others personally because they don’t share your view!
I’m not insulting you “personally” - I’m saying your takes suck. Maybe you shouldn’t be such a baby about no one sharing your crush on satterfield. Off topic - do you understand that an exclamation point is not the normal ending punctuation for most (every) sentence?

Lol - “internet gangster”…

I’m not insulting you “personally” - I’m saying your takes suck. Maybe you shouldn’t be such a baby about no one sharing your crush on satterfield. Off topic - do you understand that an exclamation point is not the normal ending punctuation for most (every) sentence?

Lol - “internet gangster”…
It’s an Internet forum!!!! Not many people post here anyways!!!!

Sorry I didn’t by the Brohmfield taking us to the next level BS.

It’s an Internet forum!!!! Not many people post here anyways!!!!

Sorry I didn’t by the Brohmfield taking us to the next level BS.
You don’t have to “by” (sic) it. Just stop acting like you know what would happen if Brohm were the coach. Or for that matter, like you know what will happen at all.

You don’t.

Keeping Satterfield is justifiable if Vince was behind him. That clearly is not the case. Vince is out and it will be soon. The problem is what AD wants to come into a athletic program that appears to be micro managed by the President. All key decisions will be made by that office.

Interesting to say the least.

I am not a fan of Neeli’s and when they hired her I saw the 2nd coming of Donald Swain. Swain bought down our basketball program through his management and I can see Neeli’s micromanaging doing the same thing to our athletic program. So far her decisions on how she is handling the athletic situation is going to turn disastrous.
I was never big on the Tyra hire because he was appointed to the job. I also wanted an AD who had years of experience and ties to the athletic world and Vince had none. We should not hire an AD that is expecting on the job training. Another thing in order for Vince to be on the short list for the FSU job means he has interviewed with them.

So if that is the case I would not consider him loyal to our needs. On a short note whoever is making decisions at FSU is doing an awful job. They ran off Jimbo Fisher who is doing a good job at Texas A&M and they are on their 2nd football coach since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT