ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Says He Deserved To Be Fired By Louisville

As far as McGee, the biggest thing I blame Pitino for is this. And it was right in front of his and everyone else's noses. McGee was the identity-starved babysitter who needed babysitting...

mcgee-01.jpg

Pitino and U of L were investigated and prosecuted as much as anyone, and nobody had a motive to withhold anything in the way of evidence. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not grounded in facts...
The fact is his assistants went rogue twice and he is the one in charge.

The fact is his assistants went rogue twice and he is the one in charge.
You're changing your attack. You said "there was stuff he didn't want to come out." No evidence of that, just a narrative...

You're changing your attack. You said "there was stuff he didn't want to come out." No evidence of that, just a narrative...
Nope. I think the University had info on other things that conflicted with his contract, and he wasn't going to win. Also, not a coincidence, he says it was his fault the week Dawkin interview is coming out, and he is getting a coaching job. Why do you walk away from $40M, especially with the size of his ego?

Nope. I think the University had info on other things that conflicted with his contract, and he wasn't going to win. Also, not a coincidence, he says it was his fault the week Dawkin interview is coming out, and he is getting a coaching job. Why do you walk away from $40M, especially with the size of his ego?
It was widely discussed BEFORE he dropped his lawsuit that he wasn't getting another job until he dropped it. That wasn't necessarily my POV, and I wanted him to continue with the suit. But he did drop it, and he has gotten another job. Those are facts, to answer your question.

And you can believe what you wanna believe about "info" that U of L had. But that's not supported in facts or evidence. U of L has not sat on such info the last few years involving other former employees, and there's no reason to believe they would have in Pitino's case. He was investigated by multiple entities--U of L, the NCAA, the FBI--and no info has been kept private that I've aware of. Nor are you, it's just your belief...

Pitino said he was acting against his lawyers' advice. He's got plenty of money to pay them, and it didn't take two years for smart guys to figure things out.

Those factors had nothing to do with the decision...

“Pitino said...”

lol

It was widely discussed BEFORE he dropped his lawsuit that he wasn't getting another job until he dropped it. That wasn't necessarily my POV, and I wanted him to continue with the suit. But he did drop it, and he has gotten another job. Those are facts, to answer your question.

And you can believe what you wanna believe about "info" that U of L had. But that's not supported in facts or evidence. U of L has not sat on such info the last few years involving other former employees, and there's no reason to believe they would have in Pitino's case. He was investigated by multiple entities--U of L, the NCAA, the FBI--and no info has been kept private that I've aware of. Nor are you, it's just your belief...

You like to deal in facts but you're assuming that UL had nothing, Also, NCAA has not completely exonerated Pitino and he could still get a "show cause"
He did have another job before he dropped the lawsuit. These are facts.
I guess you walk away from $40M to coach at Iona?

You like to deal in facts but you're assuming that UL had nothing, Also, NCAA has not completely exonerated Pitino and he could still get a "show cause"
He did have another job before he dropped the lawsuit. These are facts.
I guess you walk away from $40M to coach at Iona?
Pitino didn't have a college job which is obviously what he wanted.

And I don't generally "assume" things exist when there's no evidence, esp. when there have been multiple investigations to turn up that very evidence.

As I said, I never wanted the suit dropped nor evidently did Pitino's lawyers. Don't expect me to defend his decision.

You can believe what you wanna believe. I choose to believe the facts and what makes sense in support of those facts...

Pitino didn't have a college job which is obviously what he wanted.

And I don't generally "assume" things exist when there's no evidence, esp. when there have been multiple investigations to turn up that very evidence.

As I said, I never wanted the suit dropped nor evidently did Pitino's lawyers. Don't expect me to defend his decision.

You can believe what you wanna believe. I choose to believe the facts and what makes sense in support of those facts...
Time will prove you wrong.

Time will prove you wrong.
Hasn't yet. The more evidence that surfaces, the more it proves Pitino had nothing to do with money changing hands, any decision making, or any personal dirt on him.

All it fuels otherwise are unfounded narratives...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT