ADVERTISEMENT

Pick Your Top 3 non-Brohm candidates

Besides Jeff Brohm - who's your pick for head coach?

• Mike Novell - Memphis HC

• Ryan Day - Ohio State OC

• Luke Fickell - Cincinnati HC

• Neal Brown - Troy HC

• Dino Babers - Syracuse HC

• Bill Clark - UAB HC

• Jason Candle - Toledo HC

• Scott Satterfield - Appalachian State HC

• Brent Venebles - Clemson DC

• Chip Long - Notre Dame OC

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t know why people like norvell so much. The guy is riding Fuente’s coat tails to a mediocre team. Can’t be a good coach.
I agree, his defenses aren't good. If it was him he better find a DC that has a good resume. The last thing this next coach needs is a bad DC.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I don’t know why people like norvell so much. The guy is riding Fuente’s coat tails to a mediocre team. Can’t be a good coach.
Well, we let Petrino do it to us twice.

Not one coach on our wish list has “built”anything. They’ve all taken over programs and prospered.

They’re all a Crapshoot.

Bill Clark from UAB has to get a call. Built a program from nothing, emphasizes strong play on both sides of the ball, and has deep ties to high schools in the south.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Bill Clark from UAB has to get a call. Built a program from nothing, emphasizes strong play on both sides of the ball, and has deep ties to high schools in the south.
I didn’t remember that he had to start over.

So he HAS built something.

I like that ;)

Utah st is 10-1 this year with a chance to go 11,12 and 1.

He going to get contacted by some teams.

I realize his record this year. It’s the prior ones that concern me. Plus his east of the Mississippi work is mostly limited to one year at the ville.

1) Boring but possibility
2) west coast guy who almost got fired last year
3) 65 years old
1.Yeah who wants a boring good coach who maximizes the talent he has?
2. Go watch this Utah St team play. Who cares if a coach almost got fired and is now kicking ass? The microwave society wolves were wanting Bill Belichick gone from Foxboro midway through the 2001 season.
3. Cutcliffe has done an amazing job at a dead end football program and at least would provide some stability.

Still searching this thread for your list.

We all want JB. The drop off is significant after that IMO but we better be ready for both scenarios.

1.Yeah who wants a boring good coach who maximizes the talent he has?
2. Go watch this Utah St team play. Who cares if a coach almost got fired and is now kicking ass? The microwave society wolves were wanting Bill Belichick gone from Foxboro midway through the 2001 season.
3. Cutcliffe has done an amazing job at a dead end football program and at least would provide some stability.

Still searching this thread for your list.

We all want JB. The drop off is significant after that IMO but we better be ready for both scenarios.

Sorry to offend you. I’d be ok with Fickell but not overjoyed. Think I’d prefer Bill Clark over Fickell though. My preference would be Ryan Day. I like that he has NFL experience. Of course Brohm is by far #1.

I didn’t remember that he had to start over.

So he HAS built something.

I like that ;)
UAB announced they were stopping the football program and released all their players. They eventually got more funding and 6 months later announced they were going to continue football.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
At some point, a P5 school is going to recognize the value of one Louis Leo Holtz, Jr. UofL could be that school.

UofL should also consider excellent FCS head coaches, like Mike Houston of James Madison.

You can vote for 3. Curious to see who people would want if Brohm were to shock the world*.

- I didn't include Matt Campbell from ISU because his buyout is $7 million.

*I fully expect Jeff Brohm to be the next coach of Louisville.

I'd add Rich-Rod and Greg Schiano to the list...Both still have deep ties to Florida Recruiting and Schiano has contacts to some Very Good New Jersey Schools...Don Bosco Prep, Bergan Catholic, St Joes Regional and St Peters Prep etc...While Rich-Rod still has some good contacts in Hampton-Rhodes and Virginia Beach, and the Baltimore and DC Areas!!!

:cool:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT