ADVERTISEMENT

Per Dakich

All I'm saying that if what Dakich was said were true, you would think it'd been publicized either today or tomorrow. The longer nothing is released, the less value his claim is worth.

I’m thinking Friday. They always love to drop announcements on Fridays. I don’t trust Dakich nor anything he says.

And more importantly why do you even care? I normally don’t respond to blue fans. Because I could careless what’s going on over there. I have more important things to worry about.
UL is our primary rival, it's an interesting subject and I actually prefer a strong UL team.

I think there’s plenty of information out there to more than prove the NCAA passes out punishment without sticking to their own rules. And once it gets into the court system you nor I have any idea how it will go. I think there’s plenty of individuals in the legal system that are also fed up with the NCAAs antics and would love to see what’s in the closet.
OK but how did they stray from their rules with the UL sanctions?

See above an earlier post

The punishment we received would be for a Level 1 violation. We didn’t receive a Level 1 Violation.,When asked a board member (A women on the board. Can’t remember her name) why the harsh punishment. She stated morality as the reason, because juvenileS were involved. The NCAA doesn’t rule on morality. And if it was severe enough to take the banner it would have been a Level 1 violation. They ruled outside of the structure established by the NCAA and that is what’s wrong with the NCAA.

And then there’s Pitino’s punishment. Five game suspension. Really? He was the responsible party per the NCAA “Coaches will be held responsible for their program”. No not really. Just innocent players and fans. If they thought it was worth taking the banner you would think the coach would have gotten a stiffer penalty.

The system is a farce. And until some University takes the NCAA to court this will not get straightened out.

What happened here was disgusting and wrong, but worth taking a banner.....no.
Well, its my opinion that many on here read the violation levels incorrectly. Here is what it says.

Level I: Severe breach of conduct
Violations that seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of the NCAA collegiate model as set forth in the Constitution and bylaws, including any violation that provides or is intended to provide a substantial or extensive recruiting, competitive or other advantage, or a substantial or extensive impermissible benefit.

I would say your issues get caught up in the first section and pay special attention to the phrase "set forth in the Constitution and bylaws". Even though no significant recruiting advantage was gained, you'll notice that the second line says "intended to provide". Then finally they have extensive impermissible benefits. One could certainly argue that the benefits weren't extensive, as in value, but I don't believe thats the interpretation the NCAA is using. If you read the Constitution and bylaws, the NCAA makes special note that members and their employees are required to maintain certain ethical standards. I think your issues are combining a severe ethical breach with an intention to provide a recruiting advantage and is all wrapped up within impermissible benefits given out by a member of the basketball program. Money was never an issue. Proving an advantage occurred was never an issue and there is not a single other case like this one which takes away any angle of not following precedent. Just my opinion.

The punishment we received would be for a Level 1 violation. We didn’t receive a Level 1 Violation.,When asked a board member (A women on the board. Can’t remember her name) why the harsh punishment. She stated morality as the reason, because juvenileS were involved. The NCAA doesn’t rule on morality. And if it was severe enough to take the banner it would have been a Level 1 violation. They ruled outside of the structure established by the NCAA and that is what’s wrong with the NCAA.

And then there’s Pitino’s punishment. Five game suspension. Really? He was the responsible party per the NCAA “Coaches will be held responsible for their program”. No not really. Just innocent players and fans. If they thought it was worth taking the banner you would think the coach would have gotten a stiffer penalty.

The system is a farce. And until some University takes the NCAA to court this will not get straightened out.

What happened here was disgusting and wrong, but worth taking a banner.....no.
Well, its my opinion that many on here read the violation levels incorrectly. Here is what it says.

Level I: Severe breach of conduct
Violations that seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of the NCAA collegiate model as set forth in the Constitution and bylaws, including any violation that provides or is intended to provide a substantial or extensive recruiting, competitive or other advantage, or a substantial or extensive impermissible benefit.

I would say your issues get caught up in the first section and pay special attention to the phrase "set forth in the Constitution and bylaws". Even though no significant recruiting advantage was gained, you'll notice that the second line says "intended to provide". Then finally they have extensive impermissible benefits. One could certainly argue that the benefits weren't extensive, as in value, but I don't believe thats the interpretation the NCAA is using. If you read the Constitution and bylaws, the NCAA makes special note that members and their employees are required to maintain certain ethical standards. I think your issues are combining a severe ethical breach with an intention to provide a recruiting advantage and is all wrapped up within impermissible benefits given out by a member of the basketball program. Money was never an issue. Proving an advantage occurred was never an issue and there is not a single other case like this one which takes away any angle of not following precedent. Just my opinion.

That’s all well and good. Once again we were not sited for a Level one violation.

We’re weren’t sanctioned for a Level One or accused.
Yes you were, the entire case was called level 1 in the noa. The first issue was about the parties and it too was called a level 1 in the noa. The second paragraph of the decision again called the parties a level 1 violation after saying the COI had never seen a case like this.

Last edited:
We’re weren’t sanctioned for a Level One or accused.
Yes you were, the entire case was called level 1 in the noa. The first issue was about the parties and it too was called a level 1 in the noa.

You are correct. For some reason I thought it was Level 2. Had to go back and find the NOA. Don’t really care the punishment was excessive. And there’s plenty of examples of that.

Reactions: American Male
I’m thinking Friday. They always love to drop announcements on Fridays. I don’t trust Dakich nor anything he says.

I think in this stage, there's a better chance for it to be good news if it were dropped on a friday. We released the initial investigation on a friday but that was protecting us. If the NCAA gave it to UofL today to release tomorrow, that means they're the one's trying to keep it lower.

Reactions: CardsFirst
You are correct. For some reason I thought it was Level 2. Had to go back and find the NOA. Don’t really care the punishment was excessive. And there’s plenty of examples of that.
You should think its excessive, its your team. I get that but I don't have an emotional attachment so its easier to see things clearly. The punishment was really pretty basic and if not for your final 4 and title, you might not think they were so excessive. They simply ruled players ineligible. Everything else was just the dominoes falling.

You should think its excessive, its your team. I get that but I don't have an emotional attachment so its easier to see things clearly. The punishment was really pretty basic and if not for your final 4 and title, you might not think they were so excessive. They simply ruled players ineligible. Everything else was just the dominoes falling.

You’re so full of crap. You don’t have an emotional tie your a SuCk fan of course you do. Or you wouldn’t be on our site.

[Jurich] doesn't. Are you backing out now?
"...I'm pretty damn sure Jurich will see that, without relief, this gets appealed--over his dead body if necessary." - zipp (8/13/2017)

Oops! Looks like Postel cancelled your bet. ...Unless you can produce Jurich or his "dead body". I have zero confidence in decisions made by the goons in charge now.

Sorry, slapd!ck...

Lol, an HOA is a bit different than the NCAA.
Even if I accept your premise, where did I say anything defining or limiting my "experience"? Nothing more amusing that a googling, stalking slappy.

Both are voluntary organizations BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHCARD
You’re so full of crap. You don’t have an emotional tie your a SuCk fan of course you do. Or you wouldn’t be on our site.
Slapd!cks LOVE debating this particular subject. They show up like cockroaches...

My fault for humoring him. I normally don’t interact with SuCk fans. Can’t understand why they want to visit our board. Other ACC schools I get. Like you I could careless whether we play them in any sport.

Reactions: zipp
"...I'm pretty damn sure Jurich will see that, without relief, this gets appealed--over his dead body if necessary." - zipp (8/13/2017)

Oops! Looks like Postel cancelled your bet. ...Unless you can produce Jurich or his "dead body". I have zero confidence in decisions made by the goons in charge now.

Sorry, slapd!ck...
There were no caveats.

Reactions: Kentucky31
My fault for humoring him. I normally don’t interact with SuCk fans. Can’t understand why they want to visit our board. Other ACC schools I get. Like you I could careless whether we play them in any sport.
You understand fans from conference teams being interested but not your in state rival?

OK but how did they stray from their rules with the UL sanctions?
Dude, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, not because I want it to be true, but because it is probably realistic. You have made your point but why continue to pursue it? Is it your purpose in life to take pleasure in the misery of other people? Also, you know very well if the tables were turned, there is no way the UK Pravda sites would allow Card fans to do what you are doing here. Get a life man.

Dude, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, not because I want it to be true, but because it is probably realistic. You have made your point but why continue to pursue it? Is it your purpose in life to take pleasure in the misery of other people? Also, you know very well if the tables were turned, there is no way the UK Pravda sites would allow Card fans to do what you are doing here. Get a life man.
Sure they would. I haven't been trolling or flaming in any way. There are UL fans there who post like that. They are welcome.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Yesterday, Katina was arrested for stealing a toothbrush. Think about that for a minute. I hope Chane and Russ took a long hot bath with some strong soap later that evening.
I'm not sure Behanan ever made a public statement. But Russ along with others on the team has said he never knew about this garbage.

And there's no reason to take the word of a ho and not Russ or Luke Hancock. Unless someone has an agenda...

I'm not sure Behanan ever made a public statement. But Russ along with others on the team has said he never knew about this garbage.

And there's no reason to take the word of a ho and not Russ or Luke Hancock. Unless someone has an agenda...
Serious question. Do you know the names of the other players in question regarding eligibility? We assume that Mango was one. I never assumed that Luke was one but it has to be someone on that championship team doesn’t it?

Serious question. Do you know the names of the other players in question regarding eligibility? We assume that Mango was one. I never assumed that Luke was one but it has to be someone on that championship team doesn’t it?
Pure speculation until we know for sure, I thought Zach Price, Harrell, and even Russ Smith could have been involved. Again, pure speculation.

I don't really know much factually... I have read or heard Russ, Luke, SVT, and Wichita all deny they were around anything like what was reported. We also know the guys who were quoted without clearing themselves like Rozier.

Unless you know something pretty definitive, if you take one guy's word, you have to take all of them. The only way to reconcile it all being true is that some guys were 'exposed' and others weren't. Not sure how much that matters except to gauge how obvious the activity was and whether it should have been readily detected. For example, the assertion that it was right under everyone's noses...maybe not.

Disagree. Spending millions more in court to defend ugly nasty stank trick-ass ho's in the dorm is a waste of taxpayer money. We know that every single player on that team would have been there with or without Katina and her band of ugly nasty stank trick-ass ho's. We gained no players from this, in fact according to the report we lost some recruits who were Louisville leans. We watched those games with our players, not Katina's. They all happened. Those players are champions. Nothing changes. I don't need an attorney to tell me otherwise.
Couldn't disagree with more...respectfully. I think Louisville needs to sue for not what they did...but how they are leveling the penalty. Syracuse, UNC, UCONN are all guilty of recruiting violations and academic fraud. Miami got of the majority of the penalties because the NCAA screwed up and has been inconsistent. All those schools should of lost their banners, because they violated NCAA rules. UofL suing the NCAA would bring this up. They won the title, they didn't gain any advantage of the recruiting front. They are upset over strippers and sex. I hope they used that same logic with Mich State.

...I think Louisville needs to sue for not what they did...but how they are leveling the penalty. Syracuse, UNC, UCONN are all guilty of recruiting violations and academic fraud. Miami got of the majority of the penalties because the NCAA screwed up and has been inconsistent. All those schools should of lost their banners, because they violated NCAA rules. UofL suing the NCAA would bring this up. They won the title, they didn't gain any advantage of the recruiting front. They are upset over strippers and sex. I hope they used that same logic with Mich State.
This x 100. Lawyers can't quite use the arguments as you've laid them out, but you're 100% accurate in your POV...

Michigan State is a different level of how the hell than Louisville. So far today the school president and athletic director have resigned, and there is rumor that Izzo is retiring mid season...after it was reported that the mother of one of the victims confronted him with two words...
You knew.
What a world.

I wonder if this Michigan State stuff is causing the delay of the appeal decision.
This seems like the case. Emmert may be feeling pressure to resign and others may be reconsidering their position to just give us the axe. This is all speculation, but idk what is going on. They have been all over the place as is typical of their compliance personnel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT