ADVERTISEMENT

Per Dakich

Title and records are stripped and school pays $15M. Banner comes down.

Time to take this to the courts (not the basketball variety)

Disagree. Spending millions more in court to defend ugly nasty stank trick-ass ho's in the dorm is a waste of taxpayer money. We know that every single player on that team would have been there with or without Katina and her band of ugly nasty stank trick-ass ho's. We gained no players from this, in fact according to the report we lost some recruits who were Louisville leans. We watched those games with our players, not Katina's. They all happened. Those players are champions. Nothing changes. I don't need an attorney to tell me otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: wilkie01
Disagree. Spending millions more in court to defend ugly nasty stank trick-ass ho's in the dorm is a waste of taxpayer money. We know that every single player on that team would have been there with or without Katina and her band of ugly nasty stank trick-ass ho's. We gained no players from this, in fact according to the report we lost some recruits who were Louisville leans. We watched those games with our players, not Katina's. They all happened. Those players are champions. Nothing changes. I don't need an attorney to tell me otherwise.

I would hope that defending this in court would cost of less than $15M

I would hope that defending this in court would cost of less than $15M

I would too, but we're just throwing money into a hole at this point. It's over. The games happened and we won them, and those ugly nasty skanky stank trick-ass ho's didn't help recruit 1 player. Take comfort in that. But it's time to stop throwing money at a problem that's unsolvable.

Last edited:
I would to, but we're just throwing money into a hole at this point. It's over. The games happened and we won them, and those ugly nasty skanky stank trick-ass ho's didn't help recruit 1 player. Take comfort in that. But it's time to stop throwing money at a problem that's unsolvable.

Wow...wonder what else would have happened if Pitino and Jurich still here....close program down?
That had no bearing on this appeal. The appeal was filed before they were dismissed. Secondly they were dismissed more of the result of the FBI accusations not strippergate.

Wow...wonder what else would have happened if Pitino and Jurich still here....close program down?

Technically the removal of Jurich and Pitino should have no bearing on this. Different story on round 2 with the NCAA though

I would to, but we're just throwing money into a hole at this point. It's over. The games happened and we won them, and those ugly nasty skanky stank trick-ass ho's didn't help recruit 1 player. Take comfort in that. But it's time to stop throwing money at a problem that's unsolvable.

The current administration will likely accept whatever official ruling comes out. They won't take it to the courts. They absolutely should, however. And I'll tell you why. What happened at Penn State was beyond disgusting and horrifying. The NCAA was not equipped to handle that investigation. It was over their heads, and they overreached with the ruling. The same is going to happen at Michigan State. Both of these aren't NCAA issues. What happened here, however, is, as improper benefits were provided, however minor they may have been. The penalties, if they hold up, do not fit the crime. So, take them to court, win, weaken their reach and oversight. Add what occurred at UNC, too. Years of investigating academic fraud, they come up with nothing. Blatant display of ineptitude. Oh, and recoup every dime paid to Smrt, if the penalties remain.

I would too, but we're just throwing money into a hole at this point. It's over. The games happened and we won them, and those ugly nasty skanky stank trick-ass ho's didn't help recruit 1 player. Take comfort in that. But it's time to stop throwing money at a problem that's unsolvable.
Thank you Morgantown. Arguing this very point will apparently cause you to lose your fan card according to some on this board. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kentucky31
I understand what you’re saying but whether we signed a recruit or didn’t doesn’t constitute the benefit. Stripper parties were held and current players (at the time) as well as recruits attended. Impermissible benefit, not my definition, but the ruling body, NCAA.
I would like for the University to move on from this but potentially could see a supposed participant of the stripper parties file an individual lawsuit and demand NCAA show proof that these players actually participated. If the NCAA can’t established proof then I can see the University asking or demanding restitution. My gut feeling is that guys like Behanan and Russ willingly participated not knowing the consequences. I think all this will come to light and be a factor whether U of L tries to sue or not. Again, with this BOT who can tell.

Reactions: American Male
The current administration will likely accept whatever official ruling comes out. They won't take it to the courts. They absolutely should, however. And I'll tell you why. What happened at Penn State was beyond disgusting and horrifying. The NCAA was not equipped to handle that investigation. It was over their heads, and they overreached with the ruling. The same is going to happen at Michigan State. Both of these aren't NCAA issues. What happened here, however, is, as improper benefits were provided, however minor they may have been. The penalties, if they hold up, do not fit the crime. So, take them to court, win, weaken their reach and oversight. Add what occurred at UNC, too. Years of investigating academic fraud, they come up with nothing. Blatant display of ineptitude. Oh, and recoup every dime paid to Smrt, if the penalties remain.
I think your statement does not support itself. On one hand you say Penn State and MSU are different and they are because they’re not exclusively NCAA concerns. So they should be handled in a court of law. As far as I know, our penalties are loss of a NC, forfeiture of games, scholarship reductions? and money. Not sure those are outside their jurisdiction. Isn’t the NC called the NCAA Men’s Division Division 1 basketball Tournament or for short NCAA Championship? It’s not a court of law. The burden of proof is on us in their eyes.

I think your statement does not support itself. On one hand you say Penn State and MSU are different and they are because they’re not exclusively NCAA concerns. So they should be handled in a court of law. As far as I know, our penalties are loss of a NC, forfeiture of games, scholarship reductions? and money. Not sure those are outside their jurisdiction. Isn’t the NC called the NCAA Men’s Division Division 1 basketball Tournament or for short NCAA Championship? It’s not a court of law. The burden of proof is on us in their eyes.

Wherein lies the problem is their overreach with the penalties. That's the point I'm trying to make, to go along with their other overreaches.

The difference in Penn State is that the NCAA had no administrative leg to stand on. No students were involved.
No boosters. No attempt at 'competitive advantage'.
You burn in hell for child rape. It just doesn't break an NCAA rule.

Michigan State is the next horror show.
And it DOES involve mistreatment of athletes with no oversight.
Expect Michigan State to get axed.

The difference in Penn State is that the NCAA had no administrative leg to stand on. No students were involved.
No boosters. No attempt at 'competitive advantage'.
You burn in hell for child rape. It just doesn't break an NCAA rule.

Michigan State is the next horror show.
And it DOES involve mistreatment of athletes with no oversight.
Expect Michigan State to get axed.
But the athletes were victims in this case. The NCAA thinks U of L’s athletes were perpetrators. The NCAA is just consistently going to let other schools slide as long as no athletes got benefits. It is a backwards system.

I understand what you’re saying but whether we signed a recruit or didn’t doesn’t constitute the benefit. Stripper parties were held and current players (at the time) as well as recruits attended. Impermissible benefit, not my definition, but the ruling body, NCAA.
I would like for the University to move on from this but potentially could see a supposed participant of the stripper parties file an individual lawsuit and demand NCAA show proof that these players actually participated. If the NCAA can’t established proof then I can see the University asking or demanding restitution. My gut feeling is that guys like Behanan and Russ willingly participated not knowing the consequences. I think all this will come to light and be a factor whether U of L tries to sue or not. Again, with this BOT who can tell.

I understand and agree man but it's over. Time to move on and stop lighting taxpayer dollars on fire.

Reactions: -BBH- and 1977 Cat
The penalty is the norm. A player is found to be ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits. All games that any ineligible player participated in are then vacated.

The penalty is the norm. A player is found to be ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits. All games that any ineligible player participated in are then vacated.

Actually schools are allowed to mitigate impermissible benefits. It happens all the time except of course when the NCAA is out for flesh.

Is Pitino in Miami? I just thought it was weird the timing of the information and we are playing at Miami tonight.

Actually schools are allowed to mitigate impermissible benefits. It happens all the time except of course when the NCAA is out for flesh.
Yes, but that requires finding out about it while players have eligibility. The problem here is that it was discovered after eligibility had been exhausted and there is no mechanism for retroactive eligibility.

Reactions: nccardfan
Title and records are stripped and school pays $15M. Banner comes down.

Time to take this to the courts (not the basketball variety)

Well you just pointed out every reason this should go to court. I’m thinking the NCAA won’t want their dirty laundry brought to light. They have more to lose.

I think it’s bullsh*t myself. The NCAA has a system of letting some get away with about anything while others get their asses handed to them. Think for a second they would touch Duke and Lance Thomas who got $130,000 in jewelry the year Duke won a championship? Thomas got the goods in December, well before the tournament. Corey Maggette never should have played. Received cash in high school from a booster.
Kansas’s Darrell Arthur had grades changed, never graduated HS to this day. 2008 Champs.

I think it’s bullsh*t myself. The NCAA has a system of letting some get away with about anything while others get their asses handed to them. Think for a second they would touch Duke and Lance Thomas who got $130,000 in jewelry the year Duke won a championship? Thomas got the goods in December, well before the tournament. Corey Maggette never should have played. Received cash in high school from a booster.
Kansas’s Darrell Arthur had grades changed, never graduated HS to this day. 2008 Champs.

Yep which is why this needs to go to court. It’s about time the NCAA is held accountable! What happened here was wrong, but was and is the random way the NCAA hands out punishments

Yes, but that requires finding out about it while players have eligibility. The problem here is that it was discovered after eligibility had been exhausted and there is no mechanism for retroactive eligibility.
That's not completely true... If contested, the standard will also be WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. If there's precedent for much less severe penalties and/or restitution, that would be relevant in court or certainly asserted by U of L...

Agree with your boldfaced statements. BUT your analysis IMO is off the mark and will have little to do with the merits of a suit. This current regime is motivated to accept the punishment in view of its actions re. Pitino and Jurich. Privately, they may even be hoping the appeal is denied...

The current administration will likely accept whatever official ruling comes out. They won't take it to the courts.
The past administration would have done the exact same thing.

I’m with Zipp TJ implied they would fight all the way to include court. I’m sure they to include TJ felt foolish after implementing the post season ban and forfeiture of scholarships. Considering we got zero benefit for doing so.

That was Ramsey. And Smrt.
And Jurich. He was always that way and I am not saying I disagree with him. Let's be honest. Pitino failed us all. Has nothing to do with the current administration or Jurich or Ramsey. Pitino was an overpaid, egotistical, money grubbing clown who destroyed our program. But because we made a lot of money while he was here, everyone looked the other way. Big mistake.

Reactions: Kentucky31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT