ADVERTISEMENT

Penny

Your coach needs “top five” recruits to be dangerous, otherwise a sweet sixteen is about the ceiling.
Good thing we will have a couple coming in next year. And if we placed Reid Travis in with this recruiting class where would you rank him? I’m biased but he would be better than any incoming frosh in my book but I could understand putting him behind Barrett. So we can call him a top five recruit.

I know that I’d love to have some of that talent, just not Calipari coaching them.
Good thing we will have a couple coming in next year. And if we placed Reid Travis in with this recruiting class where would you rank him? I’m biased but he would be better than any incoming frosh in my book but I could understand putting him behind Barrett. So we can call him a top five recruit.
I honestly never heard of Travis before this summer. I’m not sure of the top 5 players you have for next year either, enlighten me...

I know that I’d love to have some of that talent, just not Calipari coaching them.

I honestly never heard of Travis before this summer. I’m not sure of the top 5 players you have for next year either, enlighten me...
Talent is fun but it generally takes experience to seal the deal.

Reactions: rockycard
LPT clowns should be...it's slipping. You need another AD to evidently win a championship.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Lol we heard that last year when we lost out on Barrett and Zion. Cal’s slipping, Magic is gone, lost mojo, yada yada. How did our class turn out bud? Might want to take a peak.

Freaking out over losing a 4 Star and POTENTIALLY not picking up wiseman = small picture thinking. No thanks.

This is too easy

Brandon Knight was ranked 6th, otherwise I’m spot on. Your last three recruiting classes had...
2015 - #1, 9, 10
2016 - 6, 7, 9
2017- 10, 14, 15, 17, 22

Never a serious contender with that recruiting, your coach needs AD type players to mask his in game coaching.
This is like laughing at the king because his crown is sitting a little bit crooked. Be my guest

Last edited:
Lol we heard that last year when we lost out on Barrett and Zion. Cal’s slipping, Magic is gone, lost mojo, yada yada. How did our class turn out bud? Might want to take a peak.

Freaking out over losing a 4 Star and POTENTIALLY not picking up wiseman = small picture thinking. No thanks.

This is too easy
Not sure what's "easy" but it ain't finding facts to support your case... You've got one championship under Lite. And assuming it survives the FBI, it took one of the best players in program history--maybe THE best--to win it.

Let us know when that next guy is on his way to Lexington.

Oops%202012_zpsrossgxhs.jpg

I didn't choose Tyra, and he's new in the job anyway. Even I can't be too critical of his results.

Another subject dodge...
Lol, I bet you never even wonder why your fellow fans rarely back you up. You're really a piece of work.

Lol, I bet you never even wonder why your fellow fans rarely back you up. You're really a piece of work.

Well let me tell you what we, UofL fans, don’t need . . . Any uahkay/cayut fan telling us how we should feel about one of our own. We might disagree with him but you are a guest here and I’d remind you that you need to respect that. That would be unlike the same situation on your ignorant board.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: nccardfan
I don't know, I think cal's luster has dulled a bit. I just wish I cared. These kids are about trends, fashion.

What was the thing yesterday, might not be tomorrow. It might work in his favor in the long run.

I just hope he keeps losing his last game

Tyrese Maxey could be a top five player and when we get James wiseman.

And to be honest with you I had never heard of travis either. But you have to say 19/8 in major conference even if it is the pac 10 would probably put him as a top incoming freshman

Not sure what's "easy" but it ain't finding facts to support your case... You've got one championship under Lite. And assuming it survives the FBI, it took one of the best players in program history--maybe THE best--to win it.

Let us know when that next guy is on his way to Lexington.

Oops%202012_zpsrossgxhs.jpg
Here’s what’s easy. Prediction your rebuttals. Did you copy/paste this from another thread?

Has nothing to do with this thread or my post btw. Nice deflection. When all else fails, change the subject I guess.

Last edited:
Here’s what’s easy. Prediction your rebuttals. Did you copy/paste this from another thread?

Has nothing to do with this thread btw. Nice deflection
Recruiting has nothing to do with this thread? Where's that spaceship you just landed in?

giphy.gif

Recruiting has nothing to do with this thread? Where's that spaceship you just landed in?

giphy.gif
Did you peek at our incoming class or what? You’re struggling today.

I’d love to talk recruiting. Ours is awesome every year.

This is too easy

To be fair, a lot of threads were posted on RR after yall lost on those guys and when no one was committed to Uk. Your own brethren did the exact same thing that night.

To be fair, a lot of threads were posted on RR after yall lost on those guys and when no one was committed to Uk. Your own brethren did the exact same thing that night.
Yup. I do not deny that. We have dummies on our board too. I keep saying it, it’s big picture versus small picture thinking. Placing all your hope and excitement into a single recruit or a single class is small picture thinking. You’re talking about a 1-2 year impact one way or another.

I put my hope in excitement into the fact that we have the best recruiter in basketball with a proven track record. That’s the big picture. What is he going to forget how to recruit all of a sudden? I don’t sweat recruiting.

Yup. I do not deny that. We have dummies on our board too. I keep saying it, it’s big picture versus small picture thinking. Placing all your hope and excitement into a single recruit or a single class is small picture thinking. You’re talking about a 1-2 year impact one way or another.

I put my hope in excitement into the fact that we have the best recruiter in basketball with a proven track record. That’s the big picture. What is he going to forget how to recruit all of a sudden? I don’t sweat recruiting.
Nobody is questioning Calipari's ability to recruit. You guys were going to final fours every other year when Calipari was getting top five recruits, now he's not and you're basically a sweet sixteen program. Do you not understand that?

Nobody is questioning Calipari's ability to recruit. You guys were going to final fours every other year when Calipari was getting top five recruits, now he's not and you're basically a sweet sixteen program. Do you not understand that?
No I don’t understand it because we are not a “sweet 16 program” lol.

Yes people are questioning his ability to recruit in this very thread which is why it’s hilarious. It then morphed into a different topic of how well uk does with its recruits which has been argued to death already. Predictable

No I don’t understand it because we are not a “sweet 16 program” lol.

Yes people are questioning his ability to recruit in this very thread which is why it’s hilarious. It then morphed into a different topic of how well uk does with its recruits which has been argued to death already. Predictable
Well then stop responding with your same old rhetoric. Talk about any U of L player, sport or coach.

50 or so five-star recruits the last decade should have convinced any intelligent person that you don't simply plug-and-play these guys and get the same results. Of course, the definition of (in)sanity is buried in that sentence somewhere...

Screen-Shot-2013-11-14-at-101512-AM_zps260100df.jpg

I'm fairly new to posting, have been a reader for the last year or so.

My argument to every UK fan is his inability to win when it counts. I could have coached the '12 team and won a 'ship. He has numerous all stars in the NBA who were lottery picks, several of which were on the same team and one banner to show for it. He got offended on a radio show recently that called him a master recruiter and motivator, but not a solid X's and O's coach. That sums him up to a tee and why UK has, IMO, underachieved once they get past the first weekend.

Reactions: Mayoman and zipp

My argument to every UK fan is his inability to win when it counts. I could have coached the '12 team and won a 'ship. He has numerous all stars in the NBA who were lottery picks, several of which were on the same team and one banner to show for it. He got offended on a radio show recently that called him a master recruiter and motivator, but not a solid X's and O's coach. That sums him up to a tee and why UK has, IMO, underachieved once they get past the first weekend.
You need to stick around and post more often... :)

Reactions: Mayoman

That's not quite the way I see it. I think it's more an experience issue. As the pressure mounts during the tournament, freshmen start to wilt. I think Cal is fine as an x's and o's coach but I dont think he is great at in game adjustments. Jmo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT