ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State sucks.

Was good, the playmakers are leaving.
The season is over so yeah I guess it’s past tense. We lose some playmakers but we also return some playmakers. Bowden will be a Star and Wilson will be a nice qb next year and beyond. Remember at the start of last summer it was paschal who was to be our star on defense. He is returning from his foot cancer next season. May not win 10, but UK should have a nice squad

No. Not even close. Penn state was fired up and clawed to get back in the game in the fourth quarter. I know it’s tough to Accept but UK is good.

Nice first post, were you the “L’s Down” guy at the game? Thanks for stopping by the UofL board to ease your LCDS....now run along. Nobody here really cares what you have to say.

keep on hoping the App St coach and 120th ranked recruiting class is the answer. think I'll take our future prospects

And so much for all the pre game posts on this board saying Penn St would pound us. thanks for tuning in :)
UK made plays and Penn State didn’t. A Big thanks to Franklin. By the way, that App St coach took Penn State to overtime this year at Penn State. As far as the 120th ranked class, it’s to be expected when you hire a new coach 2 weeks before the early signing period. UofL only has 12-14 scholarships to give so it was not expected to be highly rated. We’ll reevaluate after the February signing date. CSS does have the luxury of sitting on three previous classes all rated in the 30’s similar to UKs. We’ll see how they play with a coaching staff that knows how to coach and develop. Congratulations on your once in a lifetime (40 years) season.

UK made plays and Penn State didn’t. A Big thanks to Franklin. By the way, that App St coach took Penn State to overtime this year at Penn State. As far as the 120th ranked class, it’s to be expected when you hire a new coach 2 weeks before the early signing period. UofL only has 12-14 scholarships to give so it was not expected to be highly rated. We’ll reevaluate after the February signing date. CSS does have the luxury of sitting on three previous classes all rated in the 30’s similar to UKs. We’ll see how they play with a coaching staff that knows how to coach and develop. Congratulations on your once in a lifetime (40 years) season.

All about making plays on big games . UL clearly has some young talent at DB, RB, and WR.
That said, that 12-14 open schollys and how typical it is to have only 4 guys sign early because of a new coach is bogus. when you had 13 recruits earlier this year everyone talked about a small class in the 18-20 range on this board tied to normal attrition. a class like you are putting together can hurt for years to come.
And your classes over the last 3 years are shakey at best. heavy on highly ranked offensive skill guys and a few dbs. other than Benton your O and D lines are far from P5 quality...and that showed the last 2 years as Strongs guys graduated. Stoops has taken the exact opposite approach trying to build size and depth on lines. wouldn't mind having a couple of your skill guys but wouldn't want any big guys or backers except for Benton. we'll see how that plays out

All about making plays on big games . UL clearly has some young talent at DB, RB, and WR.
That said, that 12-14 open schollys and how typical it is to have only 4 guys sign early because of a new coach is bogus. when you had 13 recruits earlier this year everyone talked about a small class in the 18-20 range on this board tied to normal attrition. a class like you are putting together can hurt for years to come.
And your classes over the last 3 years are shakey at best. heavy on highly ranked offensive skill guys and a few dbs. other than Benton your O and D lines are far from P5 quality...and that showed the last 2 years as Strongs guys graduated. Stoops has taken the exact opposite approach trying to build size and depth on lines. wouldn't mind having a couple of your skill guys but wouldn't want any big guys or backers except for Benton. we'll see how that plays out
The LCDS is strong in this one.

CSS backed off of Petrino recruits in this current class to go after kids he feels will fit his system. I will give you Stoops has recruited well, but our cupboard is not as bare as you think. It might take a couple of years of bringing in JC players like Stoops initially did but it will be built the right way and we will be back sooner rather than later. Next season will be interesting to see if Stoops can replace your teams leaders in Allen and Snell. They were the heart and sole of your team.

CSS backed off of Petrino recruits in this current class to go after kids he feels will fit his system. I will give you Stoops has recruited well, but our cupboard is not as bare as you think. It might take a couple of years of bringing in JC players like Stoops initially did but it will be built the right way and we will be back sooner rather than later. Next season will be interesting to see if Stoops can replace your teams leaders in Allen and Snell. They were the heart and sole of your team.
I don’t think finding team leaders will be our Achilles heel. While we can’t replace snell and Allen’s talent we will still have veteran leaders. We still have Kash Daniel, Lynn Bowden, Terry Wilson and Josh paschal. What concerns me is that we lose our secondary.

They had to. Stupid Franklin cost them the game in the 1st quarter... Other than a punt return, blocked FG and a poor ass pass by McSorley and the outcome would have been as expected. Like I said earlier Stupes owns Franklin.
They had to. Stupid Franklin cost them the game in the 1st quarter... Other than a punt return, blocked FG and a poor ass pass by McSorley and the outcome would have been as expected. Like I said earlier Stupes owns Franklin.
Pretty conservative call at the end of the game - playing for a tie instead of going for the TD. Franklin will take some heat for that.

I don’t think finding team leaders will be our Achilles heel. While we can’t replace snell and Allen’s talent we will still have veteran leaders. We still have Kash Daniel, Lynn Bowden, Terry Wilson and Josh paschal. What concerns me is that we lose our secondary.
I’m not sold on Terry Wilson but another off season in the system should pay off. I think you will see Bowden used more in the offense and while I wasn’t sold on Daniel coming out of high school, he’s just an old fashioned smash mouth football player.

I wasn’t sold on Daniel coming out of high school, he’s just an old fashioned smash mouth football player.
When / if he can catch up - “Destiny” does a decent job of tackling. Problem is - those kancles of his don’t catch up to or cover many guys - which is why he’s never in on any on obvious passing downs.

I’m not sold on Terry Wilson but another off season in the system should pay off. I think you will see Bowden used more in the offense and while I wasn’t sold on Daniel coming out of high school, he’s just an old fashioned smash mouth football player.
Wilson’s saving grace is that his deficiencies are correctable with maturity and game reps. He can make all the throws and is physically gifted. He just needs to make his reads faster and make quicker decisions. We have him for 2 more seasons. Hopefully the game slows down for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT