ADVERTISEMENT

Papa John named to Board of Trustees?

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
I'm not sure how other universities will react to this? I could easily see where other institutions would be in favor of other pizza companies if they thought U of L would benefit from this association.

Here is an article on the new board members named. What strikes me is James Ramsey's statement at the bottom. He doesn't SOUND like a guy getting ready to resign. Also noteworthy, new board member Douglas Cobb @DFCobb has MAD (angry) Twitter skills regarding Coach Pitino and UofL. He tweets like a bad message board poster right after (or during) a loss. :eek:

The latest development in Governor Matt Bevin's summer of just sort of doing whatever the hell he wants and challenging anyone to tell him that he can't came Wednesday when he named his 10 appointees to make up the new U of L Board of Trustees.

Here's the list (Papa's in the house):

J. David Grissom, of Louisville, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2022.

John H. Schnatter, of Louisville, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2021.

Sandra Frazier, of Louisville, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2020.

Nitin Sahney, of Prospect, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2020.

Bonita K. Black, of Crestwood, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2019.

Douglas Cobb, of Prospect, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2019.

Ulysses Lee Bridgeman Jr., of Louisville, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2018.

Ronald L. Wright, MD, of Prospect, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2018.

Dale J. Boden, of Louisville, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2017.

Diane B. Medley, of Ekron, Ky., for a term expiring June 29, 2017.

These 10 people will join the three student, staff and faculty representatives to make up the new 13-person board.

"Today marks the dawning of a new day for the University of Louisville," Bevin said in a news release. "With gratitude for those who have served in the past, we now look eagerly to the future. These newly appointed board members embody the professional experience, leadership skills and core values needed to move efficiently and effectively oversee, govern and manage the affairs of the University. This diverse group of individuals would be qualified to sit on any post-secondary board in America, and I am thankful for their willingness to serve on the University of Louisville. I am confident that they will build upon the University's many successes by governing with the utmost integrity and transparency."

U of L President James Ramsey also released a statement:

"We appreciate Governor Bevin's appointment of the new board. I have met with the three interim board members as well as the faculty, student and staff representatives and I plan to meet with the additional board members soon. I look forward to working with this new board as we move the university forward."

Last edited:
I think Ramsey is under the impression that whoever is selected as the new Board has to accept his resignation even though Bevin already has. Bevin believes it is just a formality and that he has to resign.

This Cobb guy is the interesting one ! All this negative U of L crap, Guy needs to be removed now, just going to be a a problem will be giving out all the U of l dirt to the uk alums gurantee.

This Cobb guy is the interesting one ! All this negative U of L crap, Guy needs to be removed now, just going to be a a problem will be giving out all the U of l dirt to the uk alums gurantee.

Called Duke players "d-bags"
Asked on a tweet if UL could trade Quick
Said bad things happen when Adel comes on the floor

You can't attack players by name on a public forum if you want to be in BOT.

I'm not sure how other universities will react to this? I could easily see where other institutions would be in favor of other pizza companies if they thought U of L would benefit from this association.
You mean like donate funds for the FB stadium and other projects. Most individuals are loyal to a University they attended or follow. Won't be an issue.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
One guy isn't going to influence an entire board on his viewpoints. Pretty simple. No I don't like his comments but I'll defend his right to say what he wants to say. Plus he, at least, used his real name to be critical. Shows some gonads to me.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Apparently Cobb's twitter account has been deleted.

I wonder why?

I started following him on Twitter yesterday as soon as I became aware of his tweets. At that time, he had 440 followers. The next time I looked, he had 489...and a LOT of less-than-happy UofL fan tweets on his page. He really should have been advised before his name was announced to delete his account. IN HIS DEFENSE (sort of), he DID apologize for his negative tweets that were made in the heat of the moment (during and following losses), and he tried to convince his followers that he IS a huge UofL fan who simply vented some situational frustrations in an unfortunately public manner. His tweets were basically the same thing you can read on any home message board from the home town fans when things are not going well. Think about some of the posts you read here during or following a poor performance.

I started following him on Twitter yesterday as soon as I became aware of his tweets. At that time, he had 440 followers. The next time I looked, he had 489...and a LOT of less-than-happy UofL fan tweets on his page. He really should have been advised before his name was announced to delete his account. IN HIS DEFENSE (sort of), he DID apologize for his negative tweets that were made in the heat of the moment (during and following losses), and he tried to convince his followers that he IS a huge UofL fan who simply vented some situational frustrations in an unfortunately public manner. His tweets were basically the same thing you can read on any home message board from the home town fans when things are not going well. Think about some of the posts you read here during or following a poor performance.
Yep. I didn't see any of it. I only tried to go check it out this morning out of pure boredom. The account was gone. It doesn't much matter to me. Everyone has a right to their opinions, even the wrong opinions. :D

I completely understand but somebody like zipp would accuse him of being a slapd$ck or LPT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT