ADVERTISEMENT

Panic, Panic, Panic

Cardfan1937

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2014
We want a great coach that will win a lot, recruit four and five star athletes, never interview for another job, have an very low buyout if we wish to fire him and a high penalty for leaving during his contract.

In the free market that we live in , talent will always be "maybe overpaid" and always have a wondering eye. Tell me that you have never interviewed for another job or position with the expectation that if if you choose to leave, a two week notice is the leaving rule.

It is difficult to place limitations on talent for long periods of time as unhappy talent is generally poor performing talent. The younger, the more likely the performance issues is they perceive themselves under appreciated.

Scott likely thought that he could be interviewed in Bowling Green, get in and listen and get out with no observations by others. I do not know how the interview went, how Scott perceived it as an opportunity for his future or just a information gathering process to see how marketable he was and how this opportunity compared with his current position. None of you have ever done this, right?

It is almost impossible for people in the public domain to be unobservable in todays communication environment. If we have a bad coach, this will not generally happen but we would eventually wish to get rid of him (or her). If he is successful here, the market will make him more visible and more desirable, thus competition for their services. Green grass on the other side of the fence is always difficult to deal with.

If Scott leaves, he perceived the situation more of the latter. If he stays, then he perceives his current situation as positive, thus more favorable. Remember happy talent is always more desirable, if you can afford it. Thus we will wait.

The panic is over the possibility of another botched coach hiring process. In the aftermath, we were lucky last time to get someone as good as Satterfield...

Scott likely thought that he could be interviewed in Bowling Green, get in and listen and get out with no observations by others.

Obviously, SATT has never heard of " Flight Tracker " . com.

Scott likely thought that he could be interviewed in Bowling Green, get in and listen and get out with no observations by others.

I'm not on the hang Satt bandagon personally coaches are just like Lawyers,politicians ,preachers opportunists nothing is more mighty than thou dollar. The type money those SEC schools pay why wouldnt you listen hell UK is paying Stoops like 5 mill isnt or am i wrong come on now. You see what the hometown hero did to us to get hos payday of 5-6 mill.

Reactions: CardsFirst

Or Bobby and Auburn and how that went. He does now

Reactions: 73Card
#OU assistant Shane Beamer, son of VaTech legend Frank Beamer is expected to become the next head coach at South Carolina, per sources. The 43-year-old Beamer was a former Gamecocks assistant and is very popular with the former players.
11:16 PM · Dec 5, 2020

The story isn’t over that is the problem. It may be worse he didn’t get or take the job. That part of the story needs to play out.

People keep comparing it to our job searches. It is not even close. Most jobs you don’t require you convince 20-25 people every year to join your team for 4 years. A head coach’s most important job is recruiting players and coaches. Anything and I mean anything that makes that tougher better be worth it. He played this so poorly he hurt himself, his assistants, players and the program. We will see what kind of leader he is now.

The story is just beginning we will see how it ends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT