ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under Win Total

Sorry if Steele is picking either FSU or Cuse to win 8 plus games this upcoming season then I feel much, much better with those thinking that we have a shot at 5 or 6 wins. FSU will suck (poor coaching) and the ‘Cuse lost far too much to win 8+. But that’s just my opinion. Steele ain’t perfect and I’d put far more confidence in CSS and his staff than I would Phil Steele.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well ... there is a strength of schedule component to it, obviously ... but neglecting for a moment the strength of schedule, Steele has Syracuse ranked 41st out of 130 teams ... which translates to 8.2 wins for a 12 game schedule. FSU is 33rd, which translates to 9.0 wins.

I’m just not as impressed with Dino Babers as others apparently are. I thought he misused his QB last season and he doesn’t have him any longer. And FSU is one season away from needing another head coach. Who in the world is their AD down there as he is absolutely ruining one of the best football programs in the USA. WTH he’ll probably go after uahkay’s Stoops next year.

Per Steele, WF, BC and UK yes. UVa, Cuse and FSU are expected to be 8+ win teams this year.
I saw on a preview site where this year FSU is supposed to be a much improved team because they return almost all of their defense and most of offense. I also heard a particular reporter that said he doesn’t expect UL to be much improved. It just shows the bias towards blue blood schools. UL is returning pretty much all of their offense and defense but for some reason they DONT expect them to be improved. We had FSU beat last yr and can beat them this yr. How in the heck does anybody predict how many games UL will win? It’s a totally different defense with most of the players playing different positions. Nobody even knows what the offense will look like or who will even be the starters.A team that returns 90% of a team that was mostly freshmen and sophomores will improve. But nobody knows what this team will look like me included

I saw on a preview site where this year FSU is supposed to be a much improved team because they return almost all of their defense and most of offense. I also heard a particular reporter that said he doesn’t expect UL to be much improved. It just shows the bias towards blue blood schools. UL is returning pretty much all of their offense and defense but for some reason they DONT expect them to be improved. We had FSU beat last yr and can beat them this yr. How in the heck does anybody predict how many games UL will win? It’s a totally different defense with most of the players playing different positions. Nobody even knows what the offense will look like or who will even be the starters.A team that returns 90% of a team that was mostly freshmen and sophomores will improve. But nobody knows what this team will look like me included
For UofL:
The good news is that we return most everybody
The bad news is, we return most everybody.

For UofL:
The good news is that we return most everybody
The bad news is, we return most everybody.

Well even though I “liked” your post I do have to say that in addition to the “good and bad comments” of your post, the “real good” is that we have a really good staff coaching . . . . Finally.

It's real tough to predict these things - this time last year what was UofL rated? Point is, we don't REALLY know which games on the schedule are going to be tougher than others - with the exception of what appears to be the outliers - Clemson/ND.

41 Syracuse
45 Virginia
52 NC State
60 Kentucky
66 Boston College
72 Wake Forest

That grouping... who knows?

Not sure we can make up the 46 point difference in one year against the #trashcats, bro.

They did whatever they wanted against us and return talent that doesn’t match up favorably. Some folks will cite the prior years 44-17 win as an example of overcoming the point difference but 21 of our 44 came directly from Jordan Jones being out of control.

I believe in Scott and the boys but rewatching game films from last year doesn’t have me feeling good, y’all. We can hope and blame Bobby all we want, bro, but WKU ran us off the field from an overall talent standpoint. They were a competent coach away from rolling us last year and our roster hasn’t gotten better.

It will be interesting to see.
I firmly believe that eventually a lot of the players gave up after it was obvious the coaches didn’t care, especially after Bobby was terminated. I am 100% convinced that there was more talent on this team than was evident in a 2-10 season, thus all of the talk about the culture change taking place on Floyd St.
As I said previously I am hopeful for a 4 win season and anxiously await September.

Agree, bro. I feel that four wins are likely and should be considered positive depending on how the team looks in regard to effort and discipline.

We have elite athleticism at quarterback and receiver, just don’t think we have it at other places, bro. Effort means a lot but teams dominated us on the line of scrimmage and from a physical standpoint.

This shit started when Charlie’s men started leaving the program. Total mismanagement by Bobby. SMMFH!!! Scott will get us back but it’s gonna take time like before with Charlie.

Bros, look at our rivalry with the #trashcats and how awful they’ve been. Our team last year was worse than any of their terribles in the 2000s from a statistical standpoint, bro.

It’s depressing to think about but reality we face. The future is bright but we gonna have to go through some shit to get to it. Keep the faith, #birdgang, and don’t get down on Scott when things are bad.

I thought the Cards played a good game vs FSU until the very ending of it. Once they blew that one, the team fell apart.

That’s the game I point to as our best performance last year. Had it won if Pass eats the football rather than throws an interception.

It’s true that the best QB performance of the year was against Alabama.

I honestly think you guys can win 5. Outside chance of 6. I look for them to sneak up on an opponent they’re not supposed to play with. I don’t think talent is as bad as it seems. Petrino just lost that team so early last year

Reactions: CivilCatPoster
Beat me to it. :D

“Everybody’s back!”

The next question is... “Is this good? Or bad?” ;)

I’m in the group saying we had waayyyy more talent than 2-10.

So it’s “good” to me
My point was everybody back for FSU team that wasn’t any better than UL apparently means they will double their win total according to experts. Everybody back for UL means nothing. Blue blood bias is all that is.

I honestly think you guys can win 5. Outside chance of 6. I look for them to sneak up on an opponent they’re not supposed to play with. I don’t think talent is as bad as it seems. Petrino just lost that team so early last year
You guys? Has BBN infiltrated UofL message boards haha or am gonna on Catspause

Just one last comment from this infiltrator on this topic.
Kentucky went from about 116th in total defense season before last to top 20 defense last year. With the same players. With the same coaching staff that finished way down.

I think you guys have a coaching staff with if nothing else a better attitude and respects each other than you did last year. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the Cards WERE that overmatched last year.
Just don't think so.

Just one last comment from this infiltrator on this topic.
Kentucky went from about 116th in total defense season before last to top 20 defense last year. With the same players. With the same coaching staff that finished way down.

I think you guys have a coaching staff with if nothing else a better attitude and respects each other than you did last year. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the Cards WERE that overmatched last year.
Just don't think so.
Your D coordinator is gone. Ask the average U of L fan how important that position is...

Reactions: gocds
Your D coordinator is gone. Ask the average U of L fan how important that position is...

Especially with a head coach like Stupes. :p:rolleyes: Plus we all need to remember that Stupes is the next head coach at FSU and there’s only 12 games to go. :D;):)

Cool, we’ll be looking for ya on CatsPause. Oh wait, why would I be on a UK fan site? Bottom line, I wouldn’t

Reactions: gocds
It's a concern. Struggled too long with Eliott at DC and the decision to switch to 3-4 multiple.
Big jump for the guy we got now. NFL linebackers to UK linebackers to DC. Throw in losing 5 off the secondary and it may not look good.
The rotating door Petrino had at DC caught up with him. Especially changing schemes on
D and what to recruit.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the LPT defense was godawful before their D coordinator in 2017 arrived on the scene. And now that guy's gone to the NFL...

I don't think it's a coincidence that the LPT defense was godawful before their D coordinator in 2017 arrived on the scene. And now that guy's gone to the NFL...
True. He's gone to be linebackers coach. Which is what the guy replacing him was for six years in the NFL.
Sometimes moves work, sometimes not.
Grantham was decent at GEorgia, bottomed at Louisville, great at Mississippi State and not terrible at Florida.

We find out in a little while.

Reactions: Mayoman
I go back to what I’ve been saying since last yr. QB Play- it’s the one position that will make or break your season. Show me a team that won over 7 games and I will show you good QB play. UL has never had a good team when they didn’t have the QB. The reason I think the staff is so confident in Pass is because they know that they have a backup plan that is probably studying the playbook and practicing as we speak. The kid who they said lacks experience but is a work o holic. Evan Conley. I’ll tell you right now if Puma isn’t winning by game 5 I expect it to be Conley time and the kid can spin the ball. He’s got a huge arm I’ve seen him throw and he’s got the best arm out of all 3. Next yr it’s CHUBBA TIME!!
I hope Pass gets it together and lives up to his expectations, but I'm with you... I really like Conley's game. I think he's a competitor and could really be a surprise. I've seen him compared to Mayfield... I'm not saying this but boy that would be nice. :)

Reactions: Eddiepaul79
I hope Pass gets it together and lives up to his expectations, but I'm with you... I really like Conley's game. I think he's a competitor and could really be a surprise. I've seen him compared to Mayfield... I'm not saying this but boy that would be nice. :)
He has the best arm imo. There’s got to be a reason they didn’t go after a GT. I think they are confident in Conley the If Pass struggles come week 4 or 5

Zipp is right, a chunk of our fanbase will hibernate for the winter after the first quarter of the Notre Dame game.

I'm just hoping to see the streak of consecutive games giving up 50+ points end. I hope to see them compete every week. Beyond that I have no wins expectations this year.

So I'm probably going to enjoy the year. Right?

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT