ADVERTISEMENT

Outside the Lines

Jun 4, 2001
Was really surprised they didn't absolutely bury us this morning. Pretty much they figure the punishment is probably over. But Pitino will most likely serve a suspension next year on a certain amount of game.

Really disappointed that there wasn't "new" information to share. It's a double edged sword. By Andre not talking, we may not ever know what happened but by his silence, it keeps the Pitino haters still claiming that he should have known something.

I have always despised Bozo for being a cat fan but I wish we could somehow keep him from making a living of it. Also Sullivan. His comparison of Andre to Lee Harvey Oswald is just exaggerated journalism or more likely, plain ignorance.

W
I don't think so, I've heard it's Marra.
Was he still involved/on staff last year? I suppose that anything is possible but, I heard Balado - specifically as relates to the Blakeney deal because he was the lead on his recruitment.

All I took from it was:
  • Several recruits report that they received stacks of cash. Sounds as though the case for this has been made.
  • In somebody's opinion, McGee could not have come with that money by himself. This has not been proven; it is an opinion.
  • If McGee indeed did not fund this himself, then somebody else, a booster or coach, had to be funding this. This statement still needs to be proven.
  • The NCAA runs a very leaky office and demonstrates its own "lack of institutional control" with their sources talking to ESPN.
  • ESPN allowing Powell to say that "Pitino made it personal" is more like Jerry Springer than real journalism.
Some other things:
  • Andre McGee's silence may imply that all of the accusations are true, but it really does not confirm them, as ESPN seems to be hinting. He is not required to talk to ESPN, and I don't think he can be forced to speak to the NCAA. He could be forced to speak in a civil or criminal case, but this is neither. So, I hope the NCAA does not wait for a civil case or criminal case to take place, so they can use a transcript or affidavit in their investigation.
  • ESPN knows that this makes for great TV. You have sex, money, and rich powerful people. Reality TV producers just dream of something like this. I expect them to try and drag it out for as long as they can.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
"His comparison of Andre to Lee Harvey Oswald is just exaggerated journalism or more likely, plain ignorance."

I didn't watch. Sullivan didn't compare McGee to Lee Harvey Oswald did he? In what universe can paying for a stripper/hooker (worst case scenario) to get a basketball recruit be compared to murdering the President of the United States?

Yes - Balado
I have to doubt that it is Balado because he is still very involved in the team. If there was any inkling that it was him he would have been placed on leave, otherwise taking a ban and still allowing him to coach would be a wasted effort on our part. I also doubt that it was Marra? How much money was he making at the time or does he come from a wealthy family. Maybe Zipp was right, Marra was wearing his hat backwards in the 2013 championship photo so that means he is evil.

I'm just going by what a guy at the gym told me, his wife works for one of the attorneys that is representing someone. Who that is I didn't ask.

Great posts and arguments here. I still stay we probably will never know. They can not make McGee testify even in criminal court. It is his amendment right not to testify to incriminnate his self. I don't think Marra was actually EVER a coach. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Marra's bio on the U of L website listed him as a studen assistant coach during the championship season after he tore his ACL. Whenever we had a former player come back as graduate assistant or whatever we commonly or affectionately referred to them as "coach"

Marta's bio on the U of L website listed him as a studen assistant coach. Whenever we had a former player come back as graduate assistant or whatever we commonly or affectionately referred to them as "coach"
That was during his senior year - after his playing career was ended by injury. Could have been him though - certainly had to have had a closer relationship to AM than Balado.

Also, the commentary about Mathiang coming to a party and leaving was an attempt to say that Pitino was not telling the truth when he said he can't find anyone who knew about the parties. Mathiang is documented as having come once, had pictures taken and left. It does not prove that Mathiang knew about McGee providing money, any prostitution or that the parties occurred frequently.

Hell theres lots of partys going on in nthe dorms and what would make Mathiang know specifclly that particular party was a Mcgee/Powell one? he couldnt diffrentiate one party fromthe other if Rick asked him i'm sure, just trying to get Rick is all their doing. And this opinion source person why not say who? I'm so wore out with this saga!

Still a lot to figure out. Just wish the reporting showed both sides of the story.
One big reason ESPN is not showing both sides is that Pitino and UofL are not talking to them. They are running with what they have. I suppose that the implications of guilt and dishonesty and the assumption of guilt are a way of trying to hurt UofL and Pitino for not speaking to them. We don't have any "sources close to the university who wish to remain anonymous" revealing what they know to ESPN either.

It is important to remember that the real case is with the NCAA, not with ESPN. ESPN is reporting what they heard through anonymous sources and some interviews with a few people who are willing to talk. It appears the NCAA is focusing on where McGee got the money. That is about the only real piece of info that came from the story. Anything other than that is ESPN speculating (and trying to drive up ratings.)

I have to doubt that it is Balado because he is still very involved in the team. If there was any inkling that it was him he would have been placed on leave, otherwise taking a ban and still allowing him to coach would be a wasted effort on our part. I also doubt that it was Marra? How much money was he making at the time or does he come from a wealthy family. Maybe Zipp was right, Marra was wearing his hat backwards in the 2013 championship photo so that means he is evil.
Mark it down we agree on something... No chance it's Belado because of his ongoing involvement.

But it's not "evil", it's juvenile. Asinine. Immature. And not what you want in charge of others of similar maturity. But not evil...

If the ghost does exist Marra is the most plausible candidate. You have to go down a rabbit hole to make all the connections. I doubt Marra was involved if he was he will never discuss it with the NCAA. The only person that knew Coach Mike appears to be McGee.

Mark it down we agree on something... No chance it's Belado because of his ongoing involvement.

But it's not "evil", it's juvenile. Asinine. Immature. And not what you want in charge of others of similar maturity. But not evil...
Zipp,
Here is an honest question? What do you think about CRP's tattoo?

Hey Zipp. Didn't want to create a new post on the matter. But like you, I have a couple of really good South Regional tickets. Now that our main teams we were expecting in here have vanished. How do you plan on selling your?

Hey Zipp. Didn't want to create a new post on the matter. But like you, I have a couple of really good South Regional tickets. Now that our main teams we were expecting in here have vanished. How do you plan on selling your?
I'm trying to go the ebay route like I usually do. See link. I've had a guy contact me locally about buying 4 tix. Won't be the financial windfall it would have been, but we should get our money back. There are also ticket brokers in Jeffersonville who may take them off your hands in a quick sale. Good luck...

Funny (maybe pathetic) sidebar... I'm now attracting slapd!cks on ebay. One clown is trolling me in the messaging feature for this listing, and I guess he thinks he's getting the upper hand. Why would an LPT fan go that trouble? I have complete control of the listing, and no one reads his garbage but me unless I want them to.

For any other LPT fans out there, leave your crap off of ebay. That site has enough activity without your drivel. Here is my email address--kzipperle@mail.com--and you're welcome to contact me anytime you want. Even after this listing expires because I don't read ebay correspondences routinely. I mean what's the point? It's supposed to be about buying and selling stuff, not trash talking me--which you're gonna fail miserably at anyway.

All of which begs the question, where do most of the world's slapd!cks come from? How can these people be that stupid??

"Elite program", my a$$...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT