ADVERTISEMENT

Outlook

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
As we approach the beginning of a new season,what should we expect from this group? Another lofty preseason ranking like other years has been assured.

There is a very strong nucleus of guys that have been battle tested,a solid incoming class to provide depth at every spot.
What we don't know is how the team comes together and performs in June.
This is the fastest team I have seen in a while. What they lack in power,they will make up with speed.

There are several Freshmen that could make an impact for the Cards. If those Freshmen pitchers come along,we could all be in for a helluva ride....

Reactions: Deeva
I like this team. I like who is returning. I like how it's an upperclassmen kind of team. The standouts are all juniors- six major contributors (Wyatt, Snider, Oriente, Campbell, Lavey and Fitzgerald, seven including Stringer, who is set to go off, imo.) Sophmores Bianco, Britton, and Dunn really got their feet wet as freshmen. Look for them to keep rising. Hoeing, Bennett, Elliott, and Miller, among others on the mound. Then there's the highly regarded freshman class. I mean, the pieces are all there.

Reactions: earsky
When it comes to the June Draft,maybe we have less guys expected to place well there,but man I like that. Veterans with something to prove bodes well for team goals.

I really think there will be at least 2 newcomers make an impact in the bullpen and one or more will make an impact at some point at positions on the field.

I like this team. I like who is returning. I like how it's an upperclassmen kind of team. The standouts are all juniors- six major contributors (Wyatt, Snider, Oriente, Campbell, Lavey and Fitzgerald, seven including Stringer, who is set to go off, imo.) Sophmores Bianco, Britton, and Dunn really got their feet wet as freshmen. Look for them to keep rising. Hoeing, Bennett, Elliott, and Miller, among others on the mound. Then there's the highly regarded freshman class. I mean, the pieces are all there.
I agree and would add Pinkham (catcher) and Detmers (pitching) as main contributors. Going to be another great season!

Cards scrimmaging all weekend. Might get out there after the bball game or tomorrow.

Brrrrrrr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT