ADVERTISEMENT

Our Team

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Hitting right now is pretty abysmal. What is Metzinger’s status? Binellas needs to be sat down. Pitching. Much tougher when your offense is nit producing. But, WAY TOO MANY WALKS. If you can’t pound the strike zone then time on the mound should become minimal. HBPs. For crap sakes, bow many batters are our guys going to hit? Are they trying to set a record?

I do not see this Louisville team playing west of the Mississippi River this season.

I have never seen batters watch so many strikes.

Many poor decisions at the plate. This group has a lot to prove. Do I think they are capable of being very good? Yes. But they may take too many lumps to recover.
Ga Tech might sweep the Cards this weekend.

Terrible approach by the hitters. They are guessing all the time. That last at bat was a prime example. The one pitch the batter swings at he isn’t even close. Then he watches 3 or 4 curveballs and never takes the bat off his shoulder. That tells me he had no plan and clearly was guessing the entire an bat.

Pitching was the question mark not offense. The staff is not going to hold teams to a couple runs. The offense has to get better or they are in trouble this year.

Last edited:
Must place some blame in the coaches. Masterman, unless hurt, should still be in the lineup. Why in the freakin world do you let Binellas at .067 hit in the 9th in that situation? Terrible decision.

You are really struggling when you work the count and get exactly what you want still hit a lazy fly ball. It can be a brutal game when things go sideways on you.

Reactions: Bardman
I'm okay with it,if for only one reason.
I've seen a lot of Cardinal teams over the last 10 years start out clocking everybody early. There are plenty of quality wins left on the schedule. Did we lose a game at home to W Illinois and move up a spot?
I want the home field all the way to Omaha, but I want this team clocking teams late.

Hitting right now is pretty abysmal. What is Metzinger’s status? Binellas needs to be sat down. Pitching. Much tougher when your offense is nit producing. But, WAY TOO MANY WALKS. If you can’t pound the strike zone then time on the mound should become minimal. HBPs. For crap sakes, bow many batters are our guys going to hit? Are they trying to set a record?
Metzinger would be a huge addition to this team right now. I think the staff was hopeful he would miss around 30 days, but it’s a back issue, which can linger. LOB’s has been a huge problem. We’ll find out a lot about this team this weekend.

Reactions: Bardman
Metzinger would be a huge addition to this team right now. I think the staff was hopeful he would miss around 30 days, but it’s a back issue, which can linger. LOB’s has been a huge problem. We’ll find out a lot about this team this weekend.
I think we already know a lot about this team. Not great pitching, hot and cold bats. We can only hope a switch is flicked, and while struggling now, they put it together mid way and close strong. Lots of baseball to be played.

Reactions: Deeva
I agree Bardman; Alex is unintentionally hurting this team right now. I do not believe in punishing any kid for being in a slump, so it is not about being punitive. Alex just needs to spend time in a batting cage where he can work on his hand to eye coordination. The kid has a helluva swing that can drive the ball out of the park whenever he connects; the problem that I see from a distance appears that he is taking his eye off the ball during the critical split second when his bat should be making contact with the ball. In slow motion replay you can see Alex’s head (and his eyes) are looking out towards the field rather than the ball; something you might be able to get away with in HS, but not at this level.

Baseball is just one of those sports where sometimes you slump, and slump hard. No one is going to run the table on the schedule, you’re going to lose games, and lots of them this year. I’d expect top teams losing to be a trend this year because of the covid hangover. Wait for the weather to warm up a bit, and for them to get back in the groove. We’ll turn out alright.

Baseball is just one of those sports where sometimes you slump, and slump hard. No one is going to run the table on the schedule, you’re going to lose games, and lots of them this year. I’d expect top teams losing to be a trend this year because of the covid hangover. Wait for the weather to warm up a bit, and for them to get back in the groove. We’ll turn out alright.

The team is too talented to be playing this poorly. CDM is too good to allow them to be playing this poorly. I'm sure they'll come around (fingers crossed.)

Reactions: PHCARD and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT