ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PRP baseball.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
They knocked off Trinity today for a chance at the state title, against the winner of McCracken and Owensboro Catholic. My dad was a proud PRP alum. Go Panthers!

Also, I see the state tournament games are being played at UK's ball park. Which is fine. But, then I remembered the boys and girls play at Rupp for the Sweet 16, and the football championships are played at Kroger. Did UofL piss somebody off?

Reactions: rh62531 and Bardman
The KHSAA along with the rest of the state does not like Louisville. Always has been this way. Lexington is closer to being in the center of the state.

The KHSAA along with the rest of the state does not like Louisville. Always has been this way. Lexington is closer to being in the center of the state.
I’m aware, however, PJCS hosted the state football championships for many years. Freedom Hall used to host the S16, but that was probably 3 decades ago.

Hank Burns is the only PRP player committed to a college, headed to Asbury. Trinity entered the game with five starters committed or signed to play in college, including four at NCAA Division I schools.

Trinity had its 24-game winning streak snapped and finished 38-5. The Shamrocks had lost just once to a Kentucky opponent all season — 13-2 at Frederick Douglass on March 19.

Side note - Douglas has certainly become a power football and now baseball program. Don't they have a 2 game winning streak vs THS in football?

JAKE SCHWEITZER and KYLE CAMPBELL 2 RHP/OF from Trinity have committed to UL for the 25 season. Also committed KYLE CAMPBELL from IMG Academy, originally from Louisville, also a RHP is one to keep an eye. Dane Morrow also from THS committed to Tennessee. An infielder, Morrow batted .369 for Trinity’s baseball team last season and led the squad in RBIs (29) and triples (seven). Unfortunately, he has family connections to UT, living in Knoxville for some time and has relatives still living there. As I understand it, he only moved to Louisville 2 or so years ago.

Currently, have the 26th ranked class in the country but 6th in the ACC. PERFECT GAME ratings. No players in the top 100 were signed.

Sorry, for limited stats : PERFECT GAME wants $79.99 monthly for player stat access.

Reactions: 2330859 and earsky
I played on the freshman team back in 1980. I was literally the last guy on the team, more proficient in selling candy bars than getting hits.

I did have a great game against Bishop David going 3 for 5 with an RBI and two runs scored. I unfortunately hurt my wrist a short time later and didn't play much after that.

PRP was becoming a powerhouse as Coach Miller would prove in the ensuing years. Congrats on the Panthers winning the state title.

I recall a PRP player (3d base maybe) who graduated in 85 I believe (same year as me at Southern) he went to UofL. He crushed a HR off of me in what I recall was the third game of the season. Dude was a player and PRP was a great back then as well.

I recall a PRP player (3d base maybe) who graduated in 85 I believe (same year as me at Southern) he went to UofL. He crushed a HR off of me in what I recall was the third game of the season. Dude was a player and PRP was a great back then as well.
Oh yeah,seven state titles I think starting in the early to mid 90s.What’s funny about that is I was on the 79 Bishop David team that beat PRP in the district final 18-0.😯
Man, did they turn into a juggernaut of a program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT