ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Matt Jones vs Mitch McConnell

ThroughBlue

Two-Star Poster
Aug 21, 2005
it appears Matt Jones is going to try to challenge the longtime senator Mitch McConnell for his spot at the senate.

The irony is that without a doubt Matt would have to have incredible numbers in the city of Louisville.

How would you guys feel about Matt jones on the ticket as a dem for a senate spot?

I am interested to see how well he does in the Louisville area. A dem cannot win without overwhelming support from the 502.

I don't see myself voting for him because I don't see him as ready to serve in the Senate on day 1. Making jokes about Rick Pitino and drafting resolutions to condemn North Korean aggression are two different things.

I am interested to see how well he does in the Louisville area. A dem cannot win without overwhelming support from the 502.

I don't see myself voting for him because I don't see him as ready to serve in the Senate on day 1. Making jokes about Rick Pitino and drafting resolutions to condemn North Korean aggression are two different things.
Pretty sure mcconnell has been too busy the last few years trying to stay majority leader to do any resolution drafting - on North Korea, or anything else. I would look forward to the contest - in the same way that I used to enjoy the occasional YouTube "bum fight". The only difference being that the bums were better human beings than either jones or mcconnell.

I'd vote for Jones early and often. Fandom doesn't get in the way of politics. And hell, I'd vote for an old boot with a hole in it if it ran against Mitch.

He'll probably do pretty good in parts of Louisville ,not so good in others.

Matt Jones on-air comments would provide more than enough fodder......

For example.......

The legal complaint says Kentucky fans were so irate over the Elite Eight finish they viciously harassed Higgins and his family, including clogging his roofing business with negative comments and even threatening the referee’s life. When Higgins returned to the court to referee the 2017 NCAA championship game, he had to be protected by a bodyguard.

Blame for the harassment, according to the complaint, lies with the lawsuit’s defendants, a Kentucky sports radio station and an on-air host, Matt Jones. Not only did the station stoke fans’ anger, it shared Higgins’s contact information online, causing “Mr. and Mrs. Higgins distress so severe that no reasonable person should be expected to endure it.

it appears Matt Jones is going to try to challenge the longtime senator Mitch McConnell for his spot at the senate.

The irony is that without a doubt Matt would have to have incredible numbers in the city of Louisville.

How would you guys feel about Matt jones on the ticket as a dem for a senate spot?

I'd likely sit that election out. Couldn't vote for either.

Reactions: earsky
Way to bite the hand that feeds you. Mitch has been a loyal booster for UL for years. Have you heard of the McConnell Center ? The whole question is mute since Matt Jones can't win the Democratic primary. :p

Matt Jones has the brain of a turnip & McConnell hasn’t done a thing to help this state since he’s been in office. Someone else has to jump into the race to get a vote out of me.

MattyBangs couldn’t handle our back & forth, so he blocked me on twitter. I wear that badge with great glee.

Last edited:
Way to bite the hand that feeds you. Mitch has been a loyal booster for UL for years. Have you heard of the McConnell Center ? The whole question is mute since Matt Jones can't win the Democratic primary. :p

He's also been around way too damn long. Term limits = common sense. But, hell to the no for Matt Jones.

Reactions: CardsFirst
There are Walmart’s across the state, they are full of Matt Jones voters. Hopefully it never happens.

Last edited:
I am not a McConnell fan but I will donate $$$ to his campaign before I consider voting for Matty Bangs. His "approach" to sports talk radio was/is a manipulation to get the stupid people in this state to support him and his political aspirations.

I can’t even imagine the brain dead UK fans that will turn out in droves to vote for this turd. You could run a menstruating skunk and put a UK shirt on her and she’d get 60% of the hilljack votes.

I’ve yet to cote for Mitch since I’ve been legal to vote. My boy Rand Paul gets a check and that’s the extent of my senator votes
I love my man Rand Paul.

I will never vote for Mconnell or any modern day lib. I'd have to hear Matt's views to decide. If he aligns himself with the modern liberal agenda then count me out. If he's more of a libertarian type, then I'd listen but those are few and far between and I've yet to see a Democrat lean more to the libertarian side of the spectrum.

So no, I probably would not vote for him or Mitch for that matter .

I love my man Rand Paul.

I will never vote for Mconnell or any modern day lib. I'd have to hear Matt's views to decide. If he aligns himself with the modern liberal agenda then count me out. If he's more of a libertarian type, then I'd listen but those are few and far between and I've yet to see a Democrat lean more to the libertarian side of the spectrum.

So no, I probably would not vote for him or Mitch for that matter .

RP is a runt who cuts his own hair and can't defend himself. But to summarize: f Mitch, f Matt, f Rand. Basically, if you're a douche, f u.

Matty Bangs has made a career out of belittling and defacing the University of Louisville, the city of Louisville, and anyone who sticks up for them.

I wouldn't vote for him if he was running against Rosie O'Donnell or Roseanne Barr....

One good thing that would come out of him running is that he couldn't be on the radio or his silly little TV show. He would be off the air for the duration of the campaign.

I agree CommodoreCard I couldn't vote for Matty no matter who his opponent is. The idiot runs down our school and City every chance he gets. I couldn't imagine putting someone like him in a position of power where he could act on his rhetoric.

I can’t even imagine the brain dead UK fans that will turn out in droves to vote for this turd. You could run a menstruating skunk and put a UK shirt on her and she’d get 60% of the hilljack votes.

I think this is false. My family is filled with die hard UK and KSR fans (many of whom listen to KSR regularly), but they are very conservative and despise Matt's political views. There's no chance whatsoever they would vote for him (or likely any Democrat for that matter).

Reactions: jimmy5-11
Well Matty has part of the political traits correct. He is a lying SOB. I’m a Democrat and I wouldn’t vote for MJ on a bet, period. He will run very poorly here in Jefferson County as UofL fans account for around 70% of the electorate here. At least 70%, perhaps more.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

If I remember correctly Matt Jones got into some kind of a weird argument with John Ramsey.

Jones lost his job as a national reporter because he is, was, and always be be a UK fanboy and Cardinal hater. He couldn't focus on national sports and everything led back to UK and Louisville.

With the utterly open disdain he has for Louisville, what would happen if this guy actually had some POWER to make decisions about both the city of Louisville and the University? That's the scary thought. UK gets anything they want, Louisville gets a full onslaught to weaken it and discredit it any way possible. No, no, no.

I don't think there is any way in hell he could be impartial. None. You don't put a fox in charge of watching a hen house. You know what happens. How is he going to campaign around Louisville with a straight face, and say he wants to be a leader for everybody? He can't just turn off the hate, and not only be impartial, but TRY to do things that might even improve the city and school.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I don't think so. Most UK fans know what a far left liberal Jones is. Jones has been tacking moderate for a while now but no one is fooled.I'm not a McConnel fan, but I wouldn't vote Jones for dog catcher.

There are Walmart’s across the state, they are full of Matt Jones voters. Hopefully it never happens.

hell; the humana building may turn into a walmart in a bit.....

but yeah; jones or mcconnell? which one do i hate more... it's a boat race on that one.

at least jones has no real power except to get the dirt on UofL for whatever reason. whoever keeps feeding him stuff needs to gtfo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT